Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Least favourite bad guys

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:25 pm

What the thread title says. Spawned from the "favourite bad guys thread".

I'll have to think about this before I post my non-favs. The Klingons maybe... or not. :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Re: Least favourite bad guys

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 pm

The stupid ones who needed Geordie to "make their ship go". :roll:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 pm

The Pakleds?

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I've thought hard about this one: in ENT, my least fav is Duras, mainly because he seems to be nothing more than a vehicle for showing off Enterprise's exciting new weaponry in "The Expanse."

As for the total of the treks? IDK... there are some ones I really dislike from VOY, but they're less "villians" than "bad guys we've made into a big deal because we needed an episode." The Taresian's from "Favourite Son" have to take the cake though. I mean, I remember seeing some VOY when it was running while I was little in the same dim sort of way I remember most of TNG - ie, from the POV of a kid less than 10 - and I recall it gave me the strangest, almost-nightmarish dreams. Like "Treashold" did. You know, now that I think about it, a lot of my truamatic syfy memories from early childhood come from VOY...

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I wasn't a fan of that specie in VOY that had the plague and tried very hard to find one. There were so, so... butt ugly. :roll:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 pm

^ The Vidiians. I rather liked them.

Oh, now I recall a horrid species. The damn Kazons on VOY. Ugh, I hated them. They were stupid. Another VOY species that springs to mind that I didn't like were the Hirogen. Both of those were so generic.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 pm

True, but the Kazon had amazing hair - it had all sorts of engine bits and tin foil in it, it was hillarious! I get a laugh out of it every time I see one!

Which reminds me of Seska - God, I hated her. In a bad way, not in a she's a villian and I should hate her way. Seemed like her only reason for existance was to undermine Chakotay in every way possible. And that stupid he's-your-son plotline. Hated that.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:17 pm

the kazon with their middle-aged-lady-craft-glue-on-fabric "hair" :roll: hated them.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:24 pm

aadarshinah wrote:I've thought hard about this one: in ENT, my least fav is Duras, mainly because he seems to be nothing more than a vehicle for showing off Enterprise's exciting new weaponry in "The Expanse."

Word. Just watched that episode last night. Total contrivance. But gladly, I watched "The Xindi" next and thoroughly enjoyed the way Trip scrambles after T'Pol asks him if he thinks she's trying to make a sexual advance. Connor is such a great actor -- the look on his face: "Oh sh*t, she's not tryin' to hit on me! Must pretend that wasn't what I was thinkin'!" Classic.

The Klingons were not great in ENT. They'd probably be my least favorite in that series.

The Black goo wins in TNG.

And I don't remember enough of TOS but I'm sure there's someone who struck me as "stupid villian".

Don't remember enough of VOY. (Only watched it as it aired). The borg sucked in that series, though.

And I'm just starting to watch DS9, so I'll let you know.
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 am

The non-TOS Klingons. Barring rare exceptions, I hate how Klingons have been portrayed ever since they showed up in the movies and then in TNG.

The Borg. Liked 'em when they first showed up, but they quickly became less and less of a credible threat. By the time they showed up on VOY, which was my least favorite Trek of the franchise, I actively loathed them, so much so that I totally skipped "Regeneration" when I got back into ENT after quitting during the horrific season 2 (and I still generally skip that episode, just like the Ferengi one. And most of season 2 for that matter.)

Actually, now that I think about it, I generally watched Trek in spite of the villains who too often came across to me as overly simplistic or outright buffoonish. Rarely does a villain appear truly sinister and worthy of fear, which is why Gul Dukat always stands out to me (before he went crazy, that is.)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:17 pm

TNG Ferengi are like nails screeching on a blackboard for me. Annoying rather than scary. I recognize that DS9 gave us some pretty complex and interesting Ferengi characters (though I still found them annoying outside of the Jake/Nog Tom/Huck dynamic). Strangely enough, the only episode of Trek I can even stand when Ferengi are being villains is Acquisition.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Yeah, I second that. (Including my surprise at finding Acquisition bearable.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm

I can't bring myself to even call the Ferengi villains.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I have to say the Klingons I didn't like Duras in Enterprise Or Duras as a villian in Tng where he had Worf's Girlfriend killed. i really got tired of all the Klingon storylines with Worf in TNG the last few seasons Worf's lines It's a good to day to die, He has no Honor got really tiresome..I did like Worf and Martok in ds9.The black oilslick creature that killed Tasha Yar was poorly plotted it was stupid to kill Tasha off they could've transferred her off the Enterprise they didn't need to kill her character off and that story line of Denise returning to play her half Romulan daughter years later and play a villian I didn't really care for that stryline either.I also didn't like villian from Nemesis either.

Return to “Other Trek”