Vulcan clothing

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

BrgQun
Cadet
Cadet

Vulcan clothing

Postby BrgQun » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi! I'm new here... I'm 28, female, from Canada, and I've been watching Star Trek for as long as I can remember. As I type this I am watching the Original Series on VHS that my dad gave me.
Anyway, I am being Vulcan for Halloween, much to the chagrin of my boyfriend, I am cutting my hair into a Vulcan straight across bangs type thing.
Anyway, I don't want to just be your standard Vulcan in a Starfleet uniform, I want to be sort of traditional Vulcan. I've been searching, stumbling and googling for days now trying to find pictures of Vulcan clothing but there isn't much.
If you have any way you can help me out, that would be great, pictures, ideas, etc.
Thanks!

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Vulcan clothing

Postby honeybee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 am

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Check out the media/artwork threads many screenshots. Although I can't endorse the Season 1 or 2 unfortunate catsuit, T'Pol's civilian wardrobe as well as her later season uniforms would be something to model. Also, Enterprise has several other Vulcan females - V'Lar, T'Les and T'Pau who have clothing that might inspire you.

It seems that the traditional Vulcan wardrobe in any era is robes - and I'm sure that somebody on this site can direct you to patterns and/or people who make those.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 am

I'd pm Linda, BrgQun. She's the one I'd talk to if I wanted to dress as a traditional Vulcan.

If you change your mind, though, I've got an MU T'Pol costume I'll never squeeze myself into again. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

On this note, anyone have any idea what the Vulcan writing they pin to their outfits means? I've seen ideas - name tags, level of Kolinar, etc - but can't for the life of me find anything canonical...

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 pm

aadarshinah wrote:On this note, anyone have any idea what the Vulcan writing they pin to their outfits means? I've seen ideas - name tags, level of Kolinar, etc - but can't for the life of me find anything canonical...
It don't think it had been explained, but I like to think it's the clan's name.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah. Something along the lines of, "Hi, My Name Is Soval." :lol: Didn't ivymae do a cartoon about that at some point?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 am

Distracted wrote:I'd pm Linda, BrgQun. She's the one I'd talk to if I wanted to dress as a traditional Vulcan.

If you change your mind, though, I've got an MU T'Pol costume I'll never squeeze myself into again. 8)

Oh the memories....
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:19 am

Oh, you bet. The best memories are always the horrendously embarrassing ones. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:29 am

Distracted wrote:Oh, you bet. The best memories are always the horrendously embarrassing ones. ;-)

Am I remembering the photos wrong or didn't you have abs of steel?
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:39 am

No. You have an excellent memory.

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:47 am

Naked abs. As in unclothed. As in a 40 year old woman pretending to be 25, or whatever age Jolene was at the time she did the MU episodes. Admittedly, I'd worked my ass off until I had about 6% body fat, but still. And I really can't dance. Or stalk. Or whatever it was we were supposed to be doing up there. Of course neither could Lord Emperor, so we were well matched. I get red-faced just thinking about it. :oops:

Know what my husband's comment was when he saw the video? He said... "Choreography needs work". Just like that. Not, "Did you kiss him?" or "What were you doing half-dressed up there on stage with some strange man?" Nope. He's an ex-dancer, you see. And he was right. The choreography DID need work. And guess who did the choreography? ;-)

And after all that mess we were still disqualified from the costume contest because they didn't consider Lord Emperor to be "in costume"... despite the latex appliance on one side of his face and the MU patches sewn on his sweatsuit. Unfortunately, his coverall didn't come in in time.

All in all it was a unique experience, closely seconded by the experience of working my tail off again two years later to fit back in the costume for Non-Con and having the costume contest...indeed, the entire convention...canceled before I hit the stage. :bitch:

Come to think of it, I guess I shouldn't offer to pass the costume on. It's quite obviously cursed. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 am

Dis The fact that you can look like that is amazing! But what really astonishes me is your hair. You look like a comepletely different person with it dark. Don't get me wrong you're fab either way, but it's a little disconcerting.

I want Amanda Greyson's outfit in the Whale Movie AKA ST:IV!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Oddly, I saw Distracted as MU T'Pol before I ever watched the episode. I have a longstanding dislike of the Mirror Universe and so had watched every episode BUT the mirror universe episodes. When I finally watched those particular episodes, I was like, "OMG, T'Pol looks JUST like Distracted!" Elessar also told me it was startling how much you looked like T'Pol when you were dressed like that at Fed Con.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:41 am

Thanks, JT. 8)

My fave "traditional Vulcan" costume will always be T'Pring's little empire waisted number with the white tights, the square cut-out hemline, cute little flats, and fancy up-do.
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm

:lol: Image :lol:

All the men looked like big silver beetles, tho.

And T'Pau's diaphanous robe was really beautiful, I thought.

Wait! is that a Sphinx on her chair?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “Other Trek”