Someone who has never hear of Star Trek

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Someone who has never hear of Star Trek

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 am

Guys, my foreign exchange student, P., who by the way, is absolutely perfect, well . . . she has never heard of Star Trek! At first I just figured, she wasn't recognizing my pronounciation of Star Trek, but today I brought her into work and showed her my office (remember my collection of little ships?) I said, What is this? (It was an Enterprise.) She HAD NO IDEA. Now this girl is a thoroughly modern, cosmopolitan 17-year old from Thailand who is familiar with the various American Idols and collapses into puddle over Jake from Twilight. Hmmm . . . I always wondered how would life be different with no Star Trek. I guess I can ask her!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Someone who has never hear of Star Trek

Postby Linda » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

That is amazing that she has not had at least peripheral exposure to Star Trek. But I bet she is about to get a heavy dose of it, LOL. If she swoons over Jake, what will she do about Trip? Are you going to sit her down next to you on your couch and and rewatch Enterprise starting with the first episode of the first year? :D
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Well I lent my first season of Enterprise to one of my nephews (and peripherally, a sister and brother in law) because he stumbled onto the original series and got hooked. My sister and brother and law thought he should work through all the Star Trek series in the order that they aired. NOoooo!!!!!!! I noted that Enterprise is a prequel to the Original Series, is the BEST of the Star Treks, and that conveniently, I own it! :)

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 am

Maybe no Star Trek in Thailand but there is fanfiction. I asked how to say "post a story." You say it :"pot fanfic." That is, you say "post fanfic" without the "s". P. says people read lots of Twilight and Harry Potter fanfiction in Thailand.

Return to “Other Trek”