Whutup with THAT???

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Whutup with THAT???

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Inspired by WarpGirl's transporter quiestion, I got to thinking about all the times in Trek history that we're shown something on the screen that makes absolutely no sense, "goofs" that nobody caught--except the fans!

The one that always comes to my mind is the TNG episode "The Next Phase." Geordi and Ro are in a transporter accident and are "out of phase", so they can do stuff like run through walls, people, whatever.

And as soon as I saw that, I was like, "...but why don't they fall through the floor???" :wtf:

A few months after that Rick Berman was at a con here in Detroit, and I asked about that during his Q & A. He just kind of laughed and said, "Next..."
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Whutup with THAT???

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:08 pm

If Klingon women can't succeed Klingon men, or hold office, how did Azetbur become Chancellor after Gorkon?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm an inspiration :shock: COOL! I always wondered when Geordie made the program of Leah Brahm to fix the engines why he didn't look up her personel file. That way when she visted he would have KNOWN she was married. Thank kind of broke my heart anyway, I thought they were good together.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:18 am

This isn't a technical-type goof, but the MACO uniforms...they look like they've got bird shit on them!! Didn't anyone actually LOOK at how that'd look on camera??? :wtf:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:23 am

Well T'Pol's VHC uniform resembles um... dung so... I thought this made on sense, when Tom and B'Elanna are floating out in space during Day Of Honor I don't understand how they stayed in one place. It's zero-G so they can't stay perfectly still when they're moving around fixing their suits. Do I not know something?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Enterprise has a doctor who needs to hibernate. Now, in any case I'd think a nurse would be a good idea, but especially under those circumstances, don't you think the ship needed a nurse? Especially when heading into the Expanse!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Well in Phlox's defense it's only once a year, and I thought Crewman Cutler became a nurse. Although wasn't she an exobiologist, or was it an entymologist? Either way I can't figure out why you would rely on a holo-doc considering he could malfunction (which he did) and get pretty much as dead as a live doc if damage was done to the ship.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:Enterprise has a doctor who needs to hibernate. Now, in any case I'd think a nurse would be a good idea, but especially under those circumstances, don't you think the ship needed a nurse? Especially when heading into the Expanse!

Indeed right. What does a doctor be without a nurse? Believe me, I speak from experience. And... "Honni soit qui mal y pense!" :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:34 am

WarpGirl wrote:Well in Phlox's defense it's only once a year, and I thought Crewman Cutler became a nurse. Although wasn't she an exobiologist, or was it an entymologist?
Asso wrote:Indeed right. What does a doctor be without a nurse? Believe me, I speak from experience. And... "Honni soit qui mal y pense!" :lol:
I have no idea what that last part means, but I'm glad that you, as a real live doctor, agree with the point. It always seemed to me that at least one, preferably two, nurses should be aboard, especially when intending to battle the Xindi. Phlox would probably need an assistant when operating (and yes, Cutler, but she's a medic, not a nurse, and if I'm cut open I want trained nurses helping, not an entomologist with medic training!); and then a nurse could handle broken bones, say, if Phlox had a nasty plasma burn to attend to.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm

The ship really ought to have a few medics to go with the doctor and nurse, really.

Return to “Other Trek”