ENT novel: The Romulan War

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:32 pm

From TrekMovie.com, with a cover picture:

Exclusive Preview Of Fall 2009 Star Trek Novels

September 2009

STAR TREK: Enterprise – THE ROMULAN WAR: BENEATH THE RAPTOR’S WING
by Michael A. Martin
[trade paperback]

At the start of the twenty-second century unconditional war swept across the Earth. A war that engulfed the great and the small, the rich and the poor, giving no quarter. Each side strove for unconditional victory, and as battle built upon battle the living began to envy the dead.

Chastised by the cataclysm that they had unleashed, the governments of Earth banded together. Humanity vowed to put an end to war, and to strive for the betterment of every living creature. A united Earth created Starfleet, an interstellar agency, whose mission was to explore the cosmos, to come in peace for all mankind. A naïve wish, yet man persists in the belief that peace is the way. Banding together with other powers to form a Coalition of Planets, humanity hopes that the strength each can offer the other, will allow for peaceful exploration.

The rise of the Coalition strikes dread within the Romulan Star Empire. They feel the growing reach will cut them off from is rightfully theirs. But, the Romulans know that the alliance is fragile, that the correct strategy could turn allies into foes. Perfecting a way of remotely controlling Coalition ships and using them as weapons against each other, the Romulans hope to driving a wedge of suspicion and mistrust between these new allies.

One ship, one Starfleet captain uncovers this insidious plot, Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise. Determined not to lose what they have gained, out manned and out gunned, the captains of Starfleet stand tall vowing to defend every inch of Coalition space. The tide begins to turn. The Romulans now plan to strike at what they see as the heart of their problem. With nothing left to lose the Romulan Star Empire engages in all out war against humanity, determined once and for all to stop the human menace from spreading across the galaxy.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: ENT novel: The Romulan War

Postby Linda » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:45 pm

It sounds like a good read. I don't know the author though. Is he any good?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:58 pm

All I wanna know is if they're gonna throw us a TnT bone again. ;-)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Aquarius wrote:All I wanna know is if they're gonna throw us a TnT bone again. ;-)

Exactly!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Asso wrote:
Aquarius wrote:All I wanna know is if they're gonna throw us a TnT bone again. ;-)

Exactly!

Absolutely - I hope it's a bigger, meaty-er bone this time. I am DYING for some new T&T!!!!

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:44 pm

I hope they start answering some questions instead of just posing newer and newer questions with each new book.

I would like to know why Commander Charles Tucker had to stay dead after the Romulan War?

I would like to know if Trip and T'Pol got together in the end a la Shouldnowbetter's classic There is No Sin But Ignorance's last paragraph.

I would like to know what arguement would be strong enough for Commander Tucker not to reveal that the Romulans look like (and are off-shoot) of Vulcans. At the beginning of the war, this would have been strategic information which obviously did not get to Starfleet Command since Earth did not know what Romulans were like as shown in TOS Balance of Terror.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:59 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:From TrekMovie.com, with a cover picture:

Exclusive Preview Of Fall 2009 Star Trek Novels

September 2009

STAR TREK: Enterprise – THE ROMULAN WAR: BENEATH THE RAPTOR’S WING
by Michael A. Martin
[trade paperback]

At the start of the twenty-second century unconditional war swept across the Earth. A war that engulfed the great and the small, the rich and the poor, giving no quarter. Each side strove for unconditional victory, and as battle built upon battle the living began to envy the dead.

Chastised by the cataclysm that they had unleashed, the governments of Earth banded together. Humanity vowed to put an end to war, and to strive for the betterment of every living creature. A united Earth created Starfleet, an interstellar agency, whose mission was to explore the cosmos, to come in peace for all mankind. A naïve wish, yet man persists in the belief that peace is the way. Banding together with other powers to form a Coalition of Planets, humanity hopes that the strength each can offer the other, will allow for peaceful exploration.

The rise of the Coalition strikes dread within the Romulan Star Empire. They feel the growing reach will cut them off from is rightfully theirs. But, the Romulans know that the alliance is fragile, that the correct strategy could turn allies into foes. Perfecting a way of remotely controlling Coalition ships and using them as weapons against each other, the Romulans hope to driving a wedge of suspicion and mistrust between these new allies.

One ship, one Starfleet captain uncovers this insidious plot, Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise. Determined not to lose what they have gained, out manned and out gunned, the captains of Starfleet stand tall vowing to defend every inch of Coalition space. The tide begins to turn. The Romulans now plan to strike at what they see as the heart of their problem. With nothing left to lose the Romulan Star Empire engages in all out war against humanity, determined once and for all to stop the human menace from spreading across the galaxy.

Zzzzzzz Once again I hope the book is better written than this promotional copy.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:14 pm

I hope it is too. :? Regardless, I will be reading it.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Sigh. The promo really has vibes of season two. Blablabla...great hero Archer blablabla saves the day/Earth/human kind/everything blablabla equals boring. :vulcan: Sorry. I sure hope the book is better then this. :roll:
(kick herself in better mood) Well, I do like a book about the Romulan war. That has potential. Adventure, battle scenes, Romulans, Vulcans. See, feel much better now.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:12 pm

panyasan wrote:Sigh. The promo really has vibes of season two. Blablabla...great hero Archer blablabla saves the day/Earth/human kind/everything blablabla equals boring. :vulcan: Sorry. I sure hope the book is better then this. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
How I understand you! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:49 pm

The ultimate story told about the Romulan War will still be Rigil Kent's Endeavour Chronicles.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:The ultimate story told about the Romulan War will still be Rigil Kent's Endeavour Chronicles.

Hear! Hear! The Endeavour Chronicles are :drool: :popcorn:
Love is a verb.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 pm

panyasan wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:The ultimate story told about the Romulan War will still be Rigil Kent's Endeavour Chronicles.

Hear! Hear! The Endeavour Chronicles are :drool: :popcorn:

Sure, sure, damnit! SURE!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Ah, a Rigil Kent Romulan War movie, Yeees! (Pounding the table with my just drained tankard of blood wine) And writing the Klingon pirate attack on Vulterra for my sequel of Tides of Space. Could use a little RK inspiration for it, yeah!

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Mmm... just had a look at the cover: a Tellarite, T'Pau (good), Archer in the middle, confident (means HERO), next to him T'Pol (looking a bit distant, but totally being a good first officer) and Shran (good). No Trip. Doesn't look we are getting any TnT in this book, but they can suprise me.
Love is a verb.

Return to “Other Trek”