How the Trek Do You feel about...

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How the Trek Do You feel about...

Postby thecursor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am

What I love about that whole "Time Police" stuff is that their very presence denotes how ineffective they are at their job. At the end of the tribble episode, they basically say "So you traveled back in time? Don't do it again. Lets go get lunch."
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 am

What I am still trying to figure out is why and how did anyone develop the ability of time-travel. How did they know they'd need it? In the immortal words of C3-PO "I'm so confused" and BTW he is more annoying than Neelix, Wesley, and Nog combined.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 am

There is no way that Threepio is more annoying than Wesley. :vulcan:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:17 am

I can't find him annoying, as a six year old I was dying for him to be my boyfriend. I think the only people who really hate Wesley are divided into 2 groups... Group one people too old in 1987-1994 to appreciate him. Group Two, fanboys who secretly loved him when he was little than got jealous when they grew up and realized he had Ashley Judd. To both groups I say fine, but he's still cute.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 am

Let me put it this way, if I were a Star Trek character I would be Wesley's version of Kahn. A madman bent on the destruction of my enemy, the Crusher boy.

I hate Wesley. Straight up hate Wesley.

*Shakes fist* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 am

So when did you realize that life was unfair because Wesley hooked up with Robin Leffler? :D I stand by my theory. And it's perfectly fine that you hate Wesley. I didn't say it wasn't.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:33 am

One of my favorite Trek tee shirts says, in simple blue lettering, "Shut up, Wesley."

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:46 am

Well, in all honesty I ditched Wesley when I fell for Nick Lacarno. I looked at my mama and said... "Mommy I don't love Wesley anymore." She said, "Sweetie the other man is bad." I said "Oh well, not fair! I guess I have to switch to Will."

Fics

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

thecursor wrote:What I love about that whole "Time Police" stuff is that their very presence denotes how ineffective they are at their job. At the end of the tribble episode, they basically say "So you traveled back in time? Don't do it again. Lets go get lunch."

**** it, let's go bowling.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Okay, I hope nobody on here is named Wesley, but isn't naming you kid that pretty much guaranteeing him a childhood of getting picked on and called "Weaselly Wesley?"

WarpGirl wrote:What I am still trying to figure out is why and how did anyone develop the ability of time-travel. How did they know they'd need it? In the immortal words of C3-PO "I'm so confused" and BTW he is more annoying than Neelix, Wesley, and Nog combined.
Why, it's Advanced Future Technology, of course.

Except it's possible now, if you have a starship and a sun. :vulcan:

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:26 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Gene manipulation is the only answer I can come up with.

Yeah, that'd be my guess as well. Gene Roddenberry manipulation, that is... :-p
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 pm

KTR That falls far short of your usual standard of wit. However, nice to see you. :D

Fics

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:40 am

CX wrote:
thecursor wrote:What I love about that whole "Time Police" stuff is that their very presence denotes how ineffective they are at their job. At the end of the tribble episode, they basically say "So you traveled back in time? Don't do it again. Lets go get lunch."

**** it, let's go bowling.

No wonder there's a so many fucking time travel episodes, those temporal ass hats are asleep at the switch.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:39 am

Would anyone object if I did Chakotay?

Fics

thecursor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby thecursor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:03 am

Mr. Random Indian? Please do...

Return to “Other Trek”