New Movies's contributions to canon

Your place to discuss any Trek that does not fit in the above categories

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: New Movies's contributions to canon

Postby CX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:55 pm

thecursor wrote:BSG was dead to me after Season 3.

Jumped the shark for me when Adama decided to lead a coup against his own government at the end of S1. I never forgave them for that, and while there were a few good episodes after that, I think for the most part the show started to suck because they were getting a bit full of themselves.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:01 pm

justTripn wrote:I hope you don't mean Ensign Ro? But back to the topic. Strangely I started this topic by announcing I'd found four important contributions to canon. But I only covered 3 . . . what was I going to say? Stupid brain!!! Hmm . . . probably had something to do with Vulcan. I loved the insight into Vulcan schooling, interesting to see bullies are the same everywhere, loved those wierd sideways rocks on Vulcan, amd the buildings hanging down from the peaks of them.

Well, to change to topic slightly, in this reboot (doesn't change canon) I love the way THIS Spock does not seem ashamed of his human side. That was one of the best moments:

To which disadvantage do you refer?

Why your human mother.

I must decline your offer of admission into the Vulcan Science Academy.

NO Vulcan has EVER declined admission to the Vulcan Science Academy.

Since I am half human, your record remains intact.

*Snicker* Well, someone can correct me .. . .

Also a nice echo if not a reboot of canon: That Christopher Pike ends up in a normal wheel chair in stead of a "yes"/"no" wheelchair, LOL . . .

Meh, I liked the part in Amok Time where he does a little Vulcan ass chewing on T'Pau for questioning his heritage when he's obviously in the throws of the blood fever.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Oooh What does he say again? I saw Amok Time about 13 years ago, I remember 90% of it word for word but that part escapes my steel trap. I HAVE to see this movie that way I know if I like it or hate it, so far I'm confused. Such different accounts puzzle me exceedingly.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:02 pm

To paraphrase he basically says that his blood is fire, so he is Vulcan, no matter what T'Pau might say. It's simple and short, but it came off to me as a kind of FU to T'Pau.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Cool! Only where is the logic in T'Pau questioning him like that? I mean come on, one look at him and she should know what the heck is going on. After all, "officially" she's his great-grandmother, she's gone through this before once or twice... :roll: Oh well, to me she's always been the logical old bat-lady. I'm not too keen on young T'Pau.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:02 pm

IIRC, she was pissy at him for bringing his human friends.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Illogical it is the grooms right to bring ANYONE he chooses. Jeeze as a priestess you'd think she'd know that.

Fics

Return to “Other Trek”