Las Vegas convention 2009!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Las Vegas convention 2009!

Postby Linda » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Darn it, they still haven't put up any packages other than the almost-700-dollar-gold package. They answered an email I sent to Creation three months ago that they would have silver, etc. packages up by the first of the year. The fact that they haven't makes me wonder if they are not getting enough signups and might cancel the convention. It is getting way too late to get good rates on air flights, which I will not reserve for until I know what the lesser convention packages will cost. So it is looking 90% like I will not be going this year, darn. And they only have a few actors booked. Doesn't look good, folks. :?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 pm

sounds like non-con '08. Bewaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Let's not lose hope just yet. Surely they realize that not everyone will go for the gold package.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 pm

I have the site bookmarked, and won't make a final decision until I see the other packages, but my hope is dimming. Maybe there will be other conventions soon where we all can meet!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Or we could revive the plans for Linda's Star Trek Cruise. ;) On YOUR boat.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Cool! My boat holds 11 people. My house (just up the street from where the boat lives) has 5 bedrooms and can hold a lot more people than the boat. And we can book the yacht clubhouse for a social evening - if you guys don't mind trestle tables and folding chairs. But it does feature a nice bar. This is the working man's yacht club kind of place, mostly fishermen. We can go on a Starfleet fish'n mission and swim in the lake off the boat. Lots to do and see in the Milwaukee area too. :thumbsup:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 pm

justTripn wrote:Or we could revive the plans for Linda's Star Trek Cruise. ;) On YOUR boat.

[shock puring thru brainfried brain]

...we could........we could......have our own convention?..........

[brain whirrs uselessly from days of societal isolation]

....i mean, not a public Brazeal FedNot meltdown for the public, nothing like that. nothing big. but theoretically, if we could get enough peeps on this site to donate a lot of money each (it would have to be quite a lot) into like a joint PayPal fund, then once we had enough (y'know, make sure you HAVE dough b4 actually BOOKING anything {{{I'm looking at YOU Brazeal...where's my money Brazeal? Huh? Where's my money?}}}

well, then we could pick a really good charity and lure some star trek names who have a softsport for said charity for a wee mini-mini-euro-style-mini charity microcon of our own..... and we even have what's his face...what's his name again who posts on HoT sometimes about cons? Marc B Lee? Is that right? we have his brain to pick.

Totally a crack pipe dream, never would happen, but imagine a universe in which it occurred. Isn't that a fun universe?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:10 am

Oh FedCon12, right? The guy at HoT who MC's Star Trek conventions. Maybe we should pay you to come. You could be the celebrity. ;)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:21 am

hey.... a lottof us could be celebrities. :D

Y'know what I loved most about the NonCon '08 ("Fed"Con.....not)?

The internet.

The last cons I went to were:
1993 Michael Dorn
1994 Jonathan Frakes
1994 Bill Shatner
1994 Armin Shimerman
1995 Brent Spiner

All in Vancouver, BC. All Creation Cons. All at the Hyatt, except for The Shat who insisted on having it several miles away at the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition). Cause of the horsies. Shat likes the horsies. :lol: He really really really does.

All awesome good times. I was 13, 14, 15 years old. "Fanfiction" was this weird thing in a "published" sort of spiral bound paper "zine". I never thought much of it. Fanfiction? Who wants to read that? I thought.

Then in 1996 everyone and their dog got the "World Wide Web".. (:lol: remember calling it that?? :guffaw: we were all so cute! bbs's!! gopher!! :lol: :lol: )

But *I* didn't go to another con till 2008. (Ahem...and what a CON it was, too. :vulcan: ) But I actually loved it, regardless. Much to Rigil Kent's chagrin, I have always forgiven Trek all things (except the beebs) and that includes conventions. It was a bitchin' good time as far as I was concerned. And I came the farthest physically of almost anyone there. And I was knocked up and I threw up on the planes. And it was STILL bitchin' good times. BITCHIN'!

And my point:
At the 2008 con (early on on Friday, whilst it still lived and breathed) I marvelled at how the inet had CHANGED cons! Every 7th person you talked to was someone from HoT or TriS or within a degree or two of said boards, TriS and HoT. Message boards! Crazy difference to the con.

OH: and also, we met up with internet strangers and hung out with them and they were awesome. :D

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 am

Well, I totally can't do it this year, but theoretically if they have the Really Big Con in Vegas next year, it's my goal to get there. By then I'll have the money to go, and hopefully with this diet I'm on, bathing suits won't be a humiliation poolside. :wink:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm

There are $365 "Captain's Chair" pkgs up now.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:43 am

I AM AT A CONVENTION RIGHT NOW. AND IT'S GRIM.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 am

Where?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:57 am

At the Pacific Dental Convention in Vancouver. hmph :bitch:

stupid teeth and no bat'leths.....

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 am

^No fair getting us all excited like that!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “Conventions”