Shoreleave anyone?

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TSara
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Shoreleave anyone?

Postby TSara » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:37 am

It doesn't look like any ENT stars will be there this year......but George Takei and Malcolm McDowell will be.

Come to Baltimore! I'll throw a "Trek" party! lol
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Shoreleave anyone?

Postby Cap'n Frances » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:54 am

There will be an Enterprise guest for Shore Leave this year - Anthony Montgomery. There will also be a lot of writers and science guests and fannish fum. It will be in Hunt Valley, Maryland July 15-17. If any of you are coming, I'd love to meet you.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:00 am

Shore Leave was a lot of fun. There weren't many Star Trek media guests, but Anthony Montgomery was great. I didn't think I was going to get an autograph, but my friend spotted him sitting at his table in the dealers' room with a very short line. They also had extensive science and writing tracks. Most of the time, there were at least two things I would have liked to have attended. But I made to most of the things I was most interested in, donated my pint of blood to the blood drive, and got a few things in the dealers' room. I'm looking forward to next year.

Cap'n Frances
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cap'n Frances » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:09 am

Anyone at Shore Leave this weekend? I meant to ask sooner , but real life has been a little hectic.

We got here last night. Sadly, I couldn't get away from work early enough to make it to the Friday evening panels, but we were ready to go for today. It's a media oriented SF con, but there is a lot of science programming and lots of writers.

Today I've been to one writing panel, a writing workshop, two science panels, and a session with our Star Trek guests, Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis, plus a quick pass through the dealers' room and looking at sunspots through a solar telescope. I think I'll skip the Masquerade. I was planning to go to the Stargazing, but rain clouds have rolled in.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Blood Drive before the panels start. There are more panels I would like to attend than I possibly can, plus another appearance by Michael Dorn and one by Marina Sirtis. Whatever I do, I'm sure it will be fun and I'll learn at least a few things.

I'm planning to be here again next year. It would be great to see some of you here, too.

Return to “Conventions”