FEDCON, Dallas, TX (June 13-15, 2008)

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Re: FEDCON, Dallas, TX (June 13-15, 2008)

Postby CX » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:40 am

You should make a JibJab about that. :P

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:53 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
Distracted wrote:She's gonna try to do T'Pol, huh? Tell her to start the crunches now if her costume's MU. And the low carb eating. I was so hungry by the time I made it to Vulkon I think I gained 5 pounds just from what I ate the afternoon after the costume contest. Oh, the freedom to fill my poor belly! 8)

Maybe, cause I have the short hair, I'll be regular T'Pol, and because you have longer hair you can be MU T'pol.

Or we could go as Decon Chamber T'Pol T'wins complete with freshly smoothed on gel. That might win us a tie for 1st place female costumes right there. :lol:

Hmmmmm.

Thoughts Dis?

I'm back. Hubby had a meltdown about my time online last night, so I can't stay long, though. suffice it to say that I have bought our tickets and I am coming. If I can squeeze myself into the MU T'Pol costume I will wear it. Time to start the crunches. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Damn us hubbys and our computer-related meltdowns... :lol:
...we just have to be the center of attention ;)

BTW, hurrah and huzzah for purchasing your tickets: EK will be thrilled! :happyjump:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Hubby had a meltdown about my time online last night

What is with them anyhow, huh? Like "till death do us part" isn't enough. Now they gotta have all the free time that should be dedicated to Trek? I mean, please!

....and I am thrilled! YaaaaaY!

(you, however, should be less thrilled. I am not an easy social obligation to bear....)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 am

Ahem. Have you SEEN Hoshissis' video of my infamous costume contest performance? :shock: Talk about a social disaster. I wince now when I just look at the still photos. :?

I promise I won't say I know you at the con unless you give me permission to do so. 8)

Does your hubby get pissed off too when he's in the mood and you're online?

Me: "Just for FIVE minutes and then I'm coming to bed...really! Just wait a minute..." And then the fireworks begin. :(
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:18 am

I rather liked your performance, personally. :)

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:09 am

naw Dis... I'm "in the mood" constantly, so I'm just grumpy when I don't have her undevided attention ;)

Where is this vid you speak of? I'd love to see said "costume contest"...

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:22 am

I'll let you watch it If you get me a ticket to the convention. :twisted: :badgrin: :p :roll:

Sigh. I just wanna go to the convention :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 am

NOT A SOCIAL DISASTER. YOU MADE OUR WEEKEND!

If I could think straight, I'd tell the story of Connor watching the video. And of course I have play by play pictures of the You watching Connor watch the video. It was too perfect.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:54 pm

ha ha! i wonder if at the next one, she'll be all shy and self-conscious,

or

if she'll figure: "I have no dignity left anyway, so I may as well disco like it's 1999" (or something to this general effect.)

I have no dignity regardless. Nor any shame. Nor any sense of when it's way past time to stop already. Stop! Somebody stop her! So we could be a dangerous pair.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Hmmmm...it would be pretty spendy, but it might be worth it. :D
Individually everthing seem s sort of reasonable, but when I add them all up... :?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:27 pm

justTripn wrote:NOT A SOCIAL DISASTER. YOU MADE OUR WEEKEND!

If I could think straight, I'd tell the story of Connor watching the video. And of course I have play by play pictures of the You watching Connor watch the video. It was too perfect.

Without going back to HoT to see how the story went, this is what I remember.

Distracted and Lord Emperor played MU T'Pol and Trip in a skit. They stalked around each other approaching and then retreating, as if they hated each other (since this is MU universe) and of course our favorite pair end up in big kiss (fake stage kiss).

So at the dinner, Hoshisis shows Connor the video, with everyone crowded around. Of course we are DELIGHTED watching the guy with a hundred facial expressions reacting to the video--fake shock and smiles and all that. As the Video starts, Connor says, "I don't remember this scene" Hoshisis says, "It's kind of a deleted scene."

Connor says, "Are they going to fight?"

Hoshisis: "Something like that."

Connor: "But it starts with an "F", right?

He, he!

Then we get to the end of the video. He looks up at Distracted and shouts, "You didn't even make out!"

She goes, "I CAN'T. I'm married. He's married!"

Connor (with arms waving): "Its called ACTING!" Then he pretends to make out with the back of his hand.

Here is the picture of D: OMG! Did he just do that?

Edit: Here is a link to the Convention pictures, where I put a slideshow of the incident. He, he . . .

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=63&hilit=&start=60

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:46 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
One last heartwarming story:

Me, Family Friend, Elessar, Kelly, and Derek were beginning the tour of the Big J. A photographer approached us to take our picture. "Are you all in the same family?" he asks. We took one look at each other . . and "Yes," just seemed like the best answer!

Awwwwww! I loves it! :lol:

This is my favourite bit from that con ^^^

I didn't realise it was the same one as the Great Distracted Debacle. :D

Perfect Slideshow. Hilarious.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:08 pm

No a totally differnt con. Alas, Distracted wasn't at the last one in Cherry Hill :(

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:03 pm

You've got a good memory, JustTrip'n. Sigh. I swear if the man had decided to completely discard all propriety and give me kissing lessons on the spot I'd have gone along with it...and to heck with propriety. It made the embarrassment of not even being worth an honorable mention after all that preparation well worth it. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Conventions”