Gifts for Conner?

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

TSara
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Gifts for Conner?

Postby TSara » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 am

Hey y'all.... I work in a field that has me currently working with an aspect of the space program.

Not NASA but close.

I want to give Conner and Dominic a T-shirt (a nice one) from where I work, I think they might like it being that they both were on a TV show that inspire people to get interested in Space.

Can I give them T-shirts at Cherri Hill?

OR do I have to send it to them through their agents??

Just wondering....If I can't do this I won't waste my money.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Gifts for Conner?

Postby evcake » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:47 am

Have you contacted the organizers? I bet they get this question frequently. Smile
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:44 am

I gave Connor a present at the con I went to. (Unfortunately didn't finish Jolene's present in time to give her Sad )
ImageImage

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:51 am

^ I have to ask: What did you give him?
Writing as TrekPyro.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:10 am

I gave him a Trip voodoo doll (well a really ugly one because I didn't know I was going to the con until like 3 days before so I didn't have all the materials I needed Confused ), it was like March 2005 so it was his and Jolene's birthdays and also like less than a week after they wrapped ENT, so I gave him the voodoo doll and told him to find someone who does witchcraft and bring Trip back from the dead Razz I was making a T'Pol voodoo doll for Jolene too but I didn't finish it in time, Connor's session was the day before Jolene's so I worked on the Trip doll first and didn't finish the T'Pol doll (well probably lucky Jolene seeing how ugly that Trip voodoo doll came out Confused Confused ) oh and I also gave him a bag full of coins from like all over the world, well because there's a lot of tourists here and they dump their coins everywhere and being as broke as I am I just can't bring myself to throw money away even if I know there's no way in hell I could ever use it, and I read somewhere that he collected coins, so when I realized I was going to the con I just decided to dump all those useless coins on him because it was taking too much space in my backpack. Twisted Evil Razz
ImageImage

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:06 pm

What was his reaction to the voodoo doll? Scared? Amused?
Writing as TrekPyro.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Tell us all about it: What did he say? Very Happy

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:19 pm

evcake wrote:Tell us all about it: What did he say? Very Happy

"Security!" Laughing
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Yes Please do tell!

I'm really interested!
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:44 am

Well he looked pretty amused... probably just seeing how ugly that thing was... I have a picture of it somewhere I'll have to find it (warning it's like totally horrible Confused ). Poor Connor. Sad Especially since like 9 months later I made another Trip voodoo doll for the Trek ornament art contest at the TrekBBS as part of my voodoo Trip, T'Pol & T'Baby ornament and it came out like way better. So I'm so beating myself up for giving him the ugly one Sad no one should deserve that Confused Confused he probably trashed it before he even went on stage. Laughing Laughing

And what he said was "thank you, thank you". And for some reason I thought he had a really funny voice when he said that. Well but it's just his voice. But I thought it sounded funny. So when I came back and my friend asked me what he and Jolene said about their presents (she didn't know yet I didn't finish Jolene's) I made like an immitation of his voice and the way he said that, so like now we immitate his "thank you, thank you" even to this day Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ImageImage

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, its cool you got to give him something you made yourself. There's someone I've been wanting to send a pair of earrings to...she used to wear such great ones.

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm

I gave Connor a pencil sketch I did of Trip in that red shirt from Harbinger myself last year at Vulkon in Cleveland. I remember he said that it was 'pretty good' and thanked me for it.

I'm considering bringing along on the cruise an old Morgan dollar to give to him, since he likes to collect coins. Lord knows I've got plenty of repeats of certain dates and mintmarks in this stack in front of me...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:31 pm

A numismatist, eh? What's your specialty? And what's a Morgan dollar? Very Happy

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:02 pm

^
I just collect Morgan dollars for the most part. Though I have been collecting the American silver eagles they've been putting out recently as well (ever since I won one at bingo last year, actually). I've got several certified PF-70 silver eagles (which is the best rating you can get, which are worth around $500 at the moment because they're so new).

To answer your question, this is a Morgan dollar (wikipedia article).

It's an old silver dollar, minted between 1878-1904, and again briefly in 1921. It's considered one of the highly collectible coins because it's really made of silver, and because they melted down a large quantity of them, so the exact numbers still in existence are nowhere near the numbers that were actually minted. I've actually got two of the rarer coins--an 1895-O Morgan dollar, which has a rather low minted number (around 650,000, if I'm remembering correctly) and an 1893-CC dollar, which was the last year they were minted at Carson City, Nevada. Those two coins (and neither of them are in the best condition--I'd only rate them as VF myself) are worth between $600-700 each in that condition.

But I've also got plenty of the coins that are worth around $25 or so, because there are so many of them still around. I'm probably going to give Connor an 1886-O dollar.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Return to “Conventions”