Vulkon Orlando - 11/2-4/2007

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Vulkon Orlando - 11/2-4/2007

Postby krn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:39 pm

So, I think my heart stop beating momentarily.

Connor in gonna be at Vulkon Orlando. Even if I only go down Saturday - I HAVE TO GO! I'll be a blithering idiot trying to get an autograph - but I don't care.

Anyone else in the area?
--
I got hugged

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Vulkon Orlando - 11/2-4/2007

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:43 pm

Orlando's temptingly close, but it's too far for a day trip and I'm too busy at work that time of year to take off. Sigh. Sad
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 am

They're all too far away for me. Sad

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm

My weekend's schedule has booked right up. The up-side is that I'll be at the Vulkon show Saturday morning - thusly I'll be getting Connor's autograph and trying not to sound like a blithering idiot.

Shall I pass along any greetings?
--
I got hugged

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:12 pm

Good luck! :D I haven't managed to say anything coherent over two conferences, but better luck to you! :lol:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:14 pm

You can give him a hug from all of us females too insanely busy to assault him in person. :lol: :drool:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:36 pm

OOoooooh! Have FUN!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 pm

You can give him a hug from all of us females too insanely busy to assault him in person.

It'll take every ounce of will just not to whimper out loud - but if I must.

Can I use your name Dis when security is carting me off? "But this woman in Louisiana said I could hug him...."
--
I got hugged

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:48 am

:lol: But I hugged him three times at Vulkon in Cleveland!

Have fun this weekend. Take lots of pictures and share them with us, okay?
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:51 pm

:shock: Really? What was it like? :shock:
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:51 pm

He's lean and muscular and smells clean, like fabric softener or something...no cologne or Axe or any of that stuff... and the third time at the dinner he sort of did a double take when he put his arm around me for the picture, rubbed my shoulder and complimented me on how soft my sweater was. I wore it on purpose. It's a purple chenille sweater that feels like I'm wearing a fluffy baby blanket. I figured if I was gonna go around hugging people I might as well make it a pleasant experience for everyone. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 pm

Mood: envious :(
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:32 pm

OH. MY. GOD!!!

The worst part of the day was that I had to leave early - but I got what I wanted. There's no photo evidence, but the memory will last a lifetime - or until Connor comes to Florida again and I go back for more.

I'm happy to report I didn't blither like an idiot (or at least I don't think I did) - but I certainly did not have my wits about me.

Got to the convention an hour before autographs - so I was close to the front of the line. Got in, looked around - there he was - no line. Thank goodness I mentally prepared some things to say, because I needed it.

Walked up, said 'Hi' (thinking -OH MY GOD HE *IS* THAT HOT!) - he says 'Hi' back (OH, I LOVE HIS VOICE) This is where my brain says "Goodnight Everybody" and shuts down. I look down, he's got too many pictures to choose from - I think I say something to that effect, but pick one quickly anyway. He asks if I'd like it personalized? "Yes please - Kim" and as he signs one of my few brain cells kicks me - "Oh yeah, I brought something for you." He gets excited and claps/rubs his hands "Yeay!" I pull out a bag from my satchel - it's from the UF bookstore - he sees it "Gators?!" "Yeah" I say, "I got you a Gators shirt. (it's blue with the classic Gators script - 'cause he's dreamy in blue) And I got a little one for your son (a matching, but in orange, shirt)." He stands up. I think my heart stops. Arms go out, he leans over the table. (oh god) He says (a heartfelt) "Thank you" - I lean in (OH HELL YEAH) and get a hug. Not a little pat on the back - but a real 'thanks-for-thinking-of-me-and-my-son' hug. There was even a little squeeze. I don't think I whimpered - out loud.

Yeah, I admit it - I bought the hug. While getting his shirt, it occured to me to get one for his son too. It was devious, and a little shameful -but, dammit, I wanted a hug. So I bought one - can you blame me?

I told him that now he and his son can suit up and watch the game together. He said they would definatly do that. Then he shouted "Go Gators" to the room and did a Gator Chomp. This is where if I had my wits about me I would have had a snappy comeback about how if anyone gave him a FSU shirt they make nice rags. But I didn't. At least I didn't blither. :? He tucked the shirts away in a backback he had on the chair - I paid the nice lady who got to sit next to him ALL DAY LONG (bitch). My brain screamed TOUCH HIM AGAIN! (I'm so pathetic) so I stuck out my hand and said "It was a pleasure to meet you." He looked right at me, smiled (sigh...) and said "pleasure meeting you and thanks again." I took my picture and staggered away. When I got out of the room I realized I was shaking like a leaf.

Now I've met more than a few celebrities - even a few I was keen on. But none whose children I wanted to bear - so I'm just happy I held it together long enough to string coherrant words together. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to stop shaking.

So I've finally shared personal space with Connor Trinneer. It was worth the drive down and every penny spent. Next time I'll try to get the whole weekend free for the complete experience.

And I'll second Dis - lean, muscular and clean smelling. Sigh. Oh - I should add his hair was the usual short spiky, and the slightly unshaven look that we all love. Don't ask me what he was wearing, cause I honestly don't remember. I think it was a tee-shirt, cause that's the touch-memory my hands have - a nice, soft tee-shirt. But don't ask the color.

I'm so pathetic.

But I got a hug! squee!
--
I got hugged

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:23 pm

:lol:

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

laugh all you want CX - but we all know that if it were you and Jolene in that scenerio we'd need smelling salts to resuscitate you. :D
--
I got hugged

Return to “Conventions”