IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! >:^) IT'S A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm

justTripn wrote:I posted it on facebook and noticed it got instantly reposted.

Viral! The good kind! :happyjump:

(You guys may or may not have noticed this, but making a video, is, for me, the closest one can get to pure pleasure.) :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 pm

LOL, ek really is a human trumpet!
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 pm

HEY! :evilmonkey:

Don't make me come over there and smack you!

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 am

Just re-read this topic from page 1. Laughed my ass off. :lol:

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Postby Elessar » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:58 am

It's ok, we love you :)
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:59 am

enterprikayak wrote:I'm (finally) finished the first video! I set it to Peace Train, which Cat Stevens performed live. The footage is bouncy in areas as I am precariously perched on a nylon folding stool.

All the footage is my own. (For a change from the usual. :lol:)

(video may have political elements...click at your own risk!)
http://www.jonstewartisthemostimportantmaninamerica.com

Here is another video, just finished now, shorter than the last one, and from a Canadian/USA/Barenaked Ladies perspective this time :lol: :

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8529760/22878847
(again: video may have political elements...click at your own risk!)

(it's at yahoo cause wmg nixed it at youtube :roll: um, hello? wmg? I am getting you free itunes hits! duh! join the 21st ctry!) [/rant]

Lotsa pix o' your beautiful capital!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Wow! I'm in the video! I'm in the video! I see some British-American unity too (El-squared). (The El-squared name is copyrighted by ek) ;)

Well, I like how the song always matches the pictures. "Like I felt like I was invisible" "I felt like I was 3 feet high." And is there something about going to a Mall?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah, Canada has always felt 3 inches shorter than the usa. :guffaw: And we do think you fancy our brother. (The UK). :lol:

Glad u liked it!!!

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 am

justTripn wrote:Wow! I'm in the video! I'm in the video! I see some British-American unity too (El-squared). (The El-squared name is copyrighted by ek) ;)

Well, I like how the song always matches the pictures. "Like I felt like I was invisible" "I felt like I was 3 feet high." And is there something about going to a Mall?

Wait - what? I wasn't at the rally but I'm in the video? How did that work? I don't even remember a camera running!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:16 am

I'm just that good. :twisted:

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:26 am

enterprikayak wrote:I'm just that good. :twisted:

Great videos :) so what did Comedy Central say??
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:45 am

enterprikayak wrote:I'm just that good. :twisted:

It wasn't footage of me asleep, was it? Because sometimes I mumble a lot while I sleep, and a drool a little too, and then I wake up and I have pillow creases all over my face which take a looooooooooooooooong time to go ..... VERY professional when I have to go to work!

EK, are you and your beloved hubby coming back to DC or its environs before I leave in June? My contract here ends then and then things are a little up in the air (am I staying here? Am I goiong back to the UK? Will I have a job? Am I going to just go sit on my parents' couch and watch endless reruns of Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy and ENT?) to say the least, but if you have plans to return then I would love to see you guys :-) xxx

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:15 pm

No, we won't be going to DC again anytime soon. :( *BUT* maybe YOU should come HERE! :lol: Check out pretend London (aka Victoria, BC). We'd love to have ya!

GUESS WHAT???!!! Common Ground, ("Western Canada's biggest and best-loved monthly magazine dedicated to health, wellness, ecology and personal growth.") is publishing my article "A Canadian Thank-You Note to Jon Stewart" in the december issue. I'll post it once I have it.

YAY!

YAAAAAAY!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Cool!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm thinking, and I think this is my first official publication. I have gotten letters in the paper and stuff, but this is a magazine with 250,000 readers. :twisted: Finally, a captive audience for my rambling! lol

Return to “Conventions”