IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:40 pm

So, in our typical random crazy-people fashion, Priso and I are seriously considering going to the Daily Show Rally to Restore Sanity (sanity in the media) (which is impossible, i know, but,) in D.C. on Oct 30th. (Like, he's booked a hotel... so....) :wtf:

I know some o' you might not be at all interested in this event, but I think some of you really might be....and I know from our Tris map that like 70% of you dudes live on the lawn of the white house...sooooooo........?

Possible? Possibly!

:vulcan: :explode: :bitch: :drool: :happyjump: :duh: 8)

(Priso is supposed to be, like, the "normal" one, but he's all on board with this mental plan). DC is like 2500 miles from my house. :roll: :evilmonkey:

If you want more info: http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/
Last edited by enterprikayak on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Re: *sigh*...possible TrisCon in D.C.?

Postby Alelou » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:53 pm

LOL. I probably can't do it (I'm missing a family birthday party today out of a need for down time and rest), but I must confess my husband and I are both tempted by the rally. I have no doubt it would be a very good time, and I'm all for a rally that celebrates having a sense of humor about our national life.

However, I'm not sure I want to mix up sanity with Star Trek. Do the two things go together? (And if I have to stop and ask myself that, doesn't that mean they don't? LOL.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm

:lol: it's supposed to be "a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point."

ahhhh.....moderation! :lol:

However, I'm not sure I want to mix up sanity with Star Trek. Do the two things go together?

Nah, it wouldn't really be any Trek if we met up. Just if any o you's are planning on going (...it's starting to look like it's going to be HUGE) it might be cool to try and say hi. Course, it might be impossible to find anyone...even with cellphones. :?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:55 pm

My husband might be there. :) Hmmm . . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 am

Sure wish I could as I would love to meet many of the people on this board

However, I have turned into a Desert lizard.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 am

justTripn wrote:My husband might be there. :) Hmmm . . . .

OOh! You too?! CUH-mon. :hug:

Silverbullet wrote:Sure wish I could as I would love to meet many of the people on this board

However, I have turned into a Desert lizard.

SB

:lol: Sounds ominous.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:37 am

I think I might be just as far away from DC as you are EK, but unlike you I have absolutely NO desire to go there. Say hi to the insanity for me. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Washington DC is probably really pretty that weekend. It's a beautiful city to visit, and there's so much to do. We used to hop down there pretty regularly when we lived in NJ. From up here it's much more of a hike.

For anyone driving down from the north, I recommend staying in Bethesda, MD and taking the metro in. That's much easier than driving around in D.C.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Distracted wrote:I think I might be just as far away from DC as you are EK, but unlike you I have absolutely NO desire to go there. Say hi to the insanity for me. 8)

I will! We'll post pix of course. :lol: We plan on it being pretty mad. Not bringing any kids.

We plan on no car...just staying close to the epicenter of the madness and walking.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Double Crud! Oh so it's not an ST convention?????????? Ek you tease! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: How could you get me so excited like that! :poke:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 am

I swear to god that my foreign exchange student just said to me out of the blue, "Do you know Jon Stewart? We also have a Jon Stewart in Thailand. You know, he gives the news but he is really a comedian? Yes, I am a big fan of Jon Stewart." *shakes head* I mean, I didn't even bring up this rally to her and she was completely unaware of it. But yes, she would want to go. :shock:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 am

WELL??? You MUST come then! For your STUDENT! (and me). :evilmonkey:

COME!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am

She is like the amazing mind-reading foreign exchange student.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:24 pm

And you are like the amazing, coming-to-DC-with-me TrekFriend.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 am

*sigh* Priso bought plane tickets while he was SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING! :vulcan: So....yeah, I guess we're going? That's weird.

(the family members i mentioned this possible trip to this week were all, "So? You dragged him to some weird, like, "Star Wars" convention in 2008, didn't you?" It's Star TREK, Mom. Star TREK. GOD!)

Prisooo! You're supposed to be the sane one!

FOOOOOOOOOOORKS!

(oooh: totally unrelated aside: I saw a bumper sticker today that said, "What happens in Forks stays in Forks", and I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard. :lol: Who puts that on their bumper?! :) :lol: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!)

Return to “Conventions”