IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! >:^) IT'S A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 am

Can I confess I'm a little bemused at all this excitement from people who can't even vote in the election next Tuesday?

But hey, the more the merrier. I hope you all have a great time. I plan to watch it on TV and will definitely look in the audience for bold red heads and intrepid Canadians.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:02 am

The excitement (or mine anyway) comes from a faith in the sanity of the majority, and the earnest hope that moderation will be victorious over the hysteria that seems to dominate media attention...

...That, and Jon FREAKIN' Stewart is going to be there! And Stephen! Don't forget about Stephen! :lol:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:47 am

Alelou wrote:Can I confess I'm a little bemused at all this excitement from people who can't even vote in the election next Tuesday?

But hey, the more the merrier. I hope you all have a great time. I plan to watch it on TV and will definitely look in the audience for bold red heads and intrepid Canadians.

It's also kinda *because* we can't vote in the election. Here we sit on our "Canadian" land, situated actually SOUTH of Bellingham, WA, plunged right into your freaky little melting pot. And yet we just have to Sit: watching it unfold on TV. (There are few channels that aren't 100% usa content here). No voting for us, "the 51st state". So inasmuch as what the States is up to rather massively affects us, and we never get to do anything about it, here is our one small way to participate in something we believe in: Sanity. In the US and Elsewhere. :lol: Makes sense. Also: Jon Stewart. Jooooonnnnnnnnn!

We've decided what our sign is going to say, btw, JT:

"WHAT WOULD JON DO?"
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:13 am

Yes, I'm starting to feel like it might be big. I know other people who just happen to be going. Like I went to a small Halloween party of like 20 people and 2 others there were going. One of Par's friends out of 3 that she hung out with last weekend is going. Hmmm . . . And THANK YOU Priso for the Porta-potty update. Tony is always coming up with false alarming info that I am supposed to already know.

Why did I say there were 100,000 people at the MILLION Mom March? *sigh* OK, I was only off by 1 order of magnitude.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

WE LEAVE IN 14 HOURS! YAAAAAY! FOOOOOORRRRRRRKKKKKS!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 am

:lol: El hates you guys now cuz I'm all "hey maybe we h ave time to be a part of history too?? :oops: " and she's all " :doubt: " cuz her filo-fax is all " :bitch: " and I'm trying to keep her from going " :explode: "

It all makes me :duh: , I picked the WRONG weekend to go to DC! ;-)

I'm all kidding of course, i can't WAIT to see everyone! Sht now I'm meeting P. and J.? I'm nervous now! :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 am

Well . . . don't make Starwatcher go :explode: ! I don't want that on my conscience. But I'm glad you are suddenly back to your old political self. When you said you weren't going, I was afraid you'd been replaced by a pod person.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 am

He has been. :lol:

I JUST PRINTED MY BOARDING PASS! FOOOOOORRRRKS!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 am

I'm checked in too......
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!!!!!!!!
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 am

:lol:

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:17 am

:D I cannot wait for the pics :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am

Our pix will all be going up here as we get them.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm leavin! :)
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:06 pm

WE'VE LANDED IN FOOOOOOOORRRRRRKS!

Oh, wait,

WE'VE LANDED IN TOROOOONNNNNNTOOOOOOOOOO!

I've never been to Toronto.

Me and priso are eating veggie burgers in the Molson Bar at Pearson Airport, and he is currently marvelling at me that now I have finally (today) been to the 3rd Canadian province I've ever been to. I live in BC, I went to Alberta one time 20 years ago, and today I am in Ontario.

On the flip side, in the last 10 years I have been to WA, OR, AZ, TX, and Hawaii. Hmmm. No wonder I'm more worried about the US than Canada. :lol:

FOOOOOORKS! sEE YA SOON jOHNNY! :kiss:

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Here we come DC!
Hey Ellesar, I just had to tell you that I couldn't disagree with JT more... If you miss this rally, you will regret it for the rest of your life! It`s like having been in Bethel, NY in August `69 and NOT going to Woodstock!

Mark my words Johnny-Boy... Mark my words.

So yeah: SEE YOU THERE!

Return to “Conventions”