IT WAS OFFICIAL! >:^) IT WAS A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: *sigh*...possible TrisCon in D.C.?

Postby Distracted » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:18 pm

justTripn wrote:"I'm not mad as hell, and I'm going to take it some more!"

*snort* Sounds like we'd be a REALLY eclectic group if I decided to come! :lol:
I'll be on stage with my Girl Scouts on the 30th holding the flag for the Pledge of Allegiance at the opening ceremonies of the "Down Syndrome Association's Buddy Walk" here in town. And then we're on garbage detail as volunteers for the event. Joy. :roll:

Have fun in Washington, but be careful, guys. Those rallies can get dangerous if you get in the middle of two groups with strong opposing opinions. And watch your purses and wallets. Big crowds are prime pickpocket locations.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL! >:^) IT'S A TRISCON IN DC, PEOPLE!

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Yeah, my mom's all scared we're gonna get tear gassed and thrown in jail. :lol:

Hopefully it'll be very "moderate" and peaceful. But yeah...that's why we're not bringing the kids. And I'll be carrying the minimum cards necessary next to my boobies, not in my pocket.

We're so excited though!

This is the first time we've gone anywhere truly sans kids since the kids showed up. Even 2 years ago with you in Dallas, Dis, my latest fetus was making her presence known through my constant upchucking.

So this is gonna be so fun. Even pickpocketed, tear gassed and arrested, I will be vaCATIONing! :lol:

And now with John, Ellie, and Ann? AND PARIS? I get to maybe meet the mythical SONS of ANN!? :shock: :faint: This is even cooler than I THOUGHT it would be! (And I already thought it would be REALLY COOL, btw, in case any o' yous hadn't noticed.)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:40 pm

:lol: :lol:

I can just see you running up to the president and asking him to sign a photoshop of his face on some major work of art. Are you working on a portfolio? I wonder what paintings Nancy Pelosi's or Hilary Clinton's faces would look good on? :twisted:

(Yes, I know. I'm terrible. I shouldn't encourage her because she'll do it. I know it. I've seen her do it.)
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:37 pm

watch for me on the news:

"And after the break, a crazed Canadian woman is Tased and detained by the Secret Service after allegedly trying to attack President Obama with what looked to be a stack of Star Trek photomanips..."
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:47 pm

:lol: The one somebody here uses as an avatar would be very appropriate (Obama with Tuvok's ears).
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Distracted, I would LOVE for you to come, and yes we would be an eclectic bunch. But hey IDIC! my cousin Will alrealy "reached across the isle" to offer us a place to stay. (If I'd accepted, I'd probably be walking out that house with an "Yeah for Republicans" sign taped to my back, lol . . .) But I'd already got my nonrefundable hotel reservations, and now I've got my nonrefundable tickets for a bicycle tour of DC. I'm committed --- or like enterprikayak, I probably should be!! HORRAY FOR MODERATION!!!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I've done the bike tour at night. It's amazing fun... they tried to get my (then 16yrold) brother sign the release form for me (I was then 21), but, other than that, it was absolutely amazing... can't go to the 'con 'cause my mom is, for once, taking us on a trip over that weekend. It's only to the mountains, but over thanksgiving we get to go to Williamsburg(!), but it should be fun. Take lots of pics guys!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Oh great, aadarshina! There were only a few spots left on the bike tour so I grabbed them up. My husband and I went to Williamsburg for our vacation two summers ago. It was really nice!

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm so envious. Never been further east than Flagstaff.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Wow! It appears my wee-wifey's more excited about this little trip than she's been letting on...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 pm

FOOOOOOOOORRRKS!

:happyjump:

(whoops. it's me ek. posting from hubby's acct by accident now. :lol:)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Random photo from the archives:

Last time I was at a TrisCon (in 08) with Dis and Elessar and I bumped into Garrett Wang (literally) coming out of the elevators.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 am

AHHH!!! Why didn't I see this before! :D

I was just on to say that unlike the inaguration, I think it WILL be possible to find each other on the lawn. My boys are going to try to find me. I doubt there will be any point in being close rather than far from the stage as long as we are parked somewhere near speakers and a jumbotron. I was at the Million Mom March many moons ago and that was about 100,000 people. You could walk among the people to get to a new spot. If there had been cell phones in those days its would have been possible to find people. So enterprikayak, Priso, HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

My husband is trying to alarm me with a rumor that there won't be any Porta-potties, which is impossible.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 am

There was some portapotty debacle re some other group that is renting them right beforehand. I'm not sure what's fact and what's fiction.

Yes, we will cell-ferret you out for sure JT! No worries!

And so it looks like Smithsonian the day b4??? I am getting sooooo excited that I might have an aneurysm before we get there. *deeeeep breaths* :bow:

prisocisor

Postby prisocisor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 am

Whose inauguration? Johnson's or Obama's? :lol: But come on Anne, those only had 1.3 & about 1.8 million people respectively... I mean THIS event is going to be REALLY huge :cool:

I'm JK of course... but seriously, I'll be very surprised if there are less than half a million people there! On Facebook alone, there are over 300,000 people pledging to go to one of the two rallies, with another 150,000 "maybe"s and another 300,000+ people who have yet to reply. Huffington post is bussing over 10,000 New Yorkers down, and even Oprah has promised trips to Jon's audience last week... so there's another 250 right there :lol:

Not only that, but there are now over 1,000 confirmed satellite rallies being held as far away as France, Australia, and even the base-camp at Mount Everest! It's going to be a monumental, international event of epic proportions... Mark my words!

Can you tell I'm a little excited? :wink:

Oh, and the porta-pottie debacle has been solved: Fear not!

Return to “Conventions”