Starbase Indy

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Starbase Indy

Postby Linda » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm

This small convention over Thanksgiving weekend in November may be downsizing this year. By this time last year registration had been up several months and the list of guests was just about complete. This year registration has not started yet. I sent the organizers an email from the con website and got an answer that they would have some registration information up soon but that the con would be different this year. I am not sure what that means, but I think it will not be as elaborate. I don't think anyone who visits Triaxian Silk goes to this con except me. But if anyone has any news about it, I would appreciate hearing it.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Starbase Indy

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Sigh, it's now slated as an anti-con on the Indy website. We may not be going this year.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:23 pm

anti-con? MU evil everybody?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Not sure. Maybe the smaller cons are not drawing the celebs like when there is an ST TV series in production?

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, as I suspected, when this con took on a small 'anti-con' theme this year it was because it was dying. There was an announcement that there will be no more Starbase Indy cons. It was run by a small group of volunteer fans and was a nice event while it lasted. It had a very friendly atmosphere. The organizers actually cared about those who attended. Now one of the profit con organizers will be coming in to put on a con over Thanksgiving weekend at this same hotel in Indianapolis, to fill the vacuum. Sigh, is this the fate now of fan run cons when the fan base shrinks because no Star Trek TV series is in production?

Return to “Conventions”