Vancouver 2010?

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

trek_shipper
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Twitter username: ecemommy

Vancouver 2010?

Postby trek_shipper » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't know if anyone is in this region, but is anyone planning on going to Creation's ST Con in Vancouver this June? I'm desperate to go, but now that I don't live in the city anymore it's not going to be feasible financially. :( They've got an amazing guest lineup (Connor Trinneer, :drool: Leonard Nimoy, and Armin Shimerman, to name a few of my favourites) and I'd love to be able to go but unless I win the lottery it's not happening, lol. I'm so irritated, too-I lived in Vancouver up until last year, but moved to a smaller town 5 hours away after my daughter was born. If I still lived there I could totally swing it, but the travel/food costs would kill me at this distance. Wah! :thumbsdown:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Vancouver 2010?

Postby Alelou » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Enterprikayak could probably swing it in terms of location, but she hasn't been around much so maybe she's too busy raising goats and mommying. And isn't Pegmumm right up there on the border, or is it CrystalsWolf? Somebody fairly new here is near the border with BC.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

trek_shipper
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Twitter username: ecemommy

Postby trek_shipper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 am

Hmmm I hope somebody manages to make it. I'd love to see pictures from it! I didn't realize there were others from the area on the board-I'm usually the lone Canadian, or at the very least the lone west-coaster, on most boards I join.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:31 am

You got lil ol westcoast me as a buddy! ;)

I didn't make it to the Vancouver con and it is so disturbingly upsetting that I'd really rather not talk about it.

They were RIGHT THERE. And I couldn't go. :( :( :(
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Conventions”