VEGAS 2010!!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady
Show On Map: No

Re: VEGAS 2010!!

Postby starwatcher » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm

When is the convention? I'll be in Washington DC for 9 months so if there's any trek-ness going on it would be great to meet up! Failing that I might have my own convention in my living room and my dvd box sets!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:30 pm

I'd rather be at yours! :lol:

It's in August. www.creationent.com :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Gutted :-( oh well, if there's one during the nine months i'm there I'll have to get involved!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:12 pm

You won't be here yet by August?
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

starwatcher
The Boss's Lady

Postby starwatcher » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:56 pm

No, all things being well I'll be in the US by late August/early September, so I'll miss the Vegas con but will be around for the Chicago one.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Not lookin like too many people could make it :doubt: :dunno: :(
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:46 pm

starwatcher wrote:No, all things being well I'll be in the US by late August/early September, so I'll miss the Vegas con but will be around for the Chicago one.

I'll be at the Chicago, Con Starwatcher. Let's meet up if you can make it!

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 am

Almost talked myself into the Vancouver ST con here in June but practicality (saving up for a major renovation expense) took over. I'm itching to go to another Vegas con (went in 2008) but ditto on the "not this year, maybe next year" thing.

On the other hand, if there's ever a ST con anywhere in Texas, I will SO be there.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm

EntAllat wrote:Almost talked myself into the Vancouver ST con here in June but practicality (saving up for a major renovation expense) took over. I'm itching to go to another Vegas con (went in 2008) but ditto on the "not this year, maybe next year" thing.

On the other hand, if there's ever a ST con anywhere in Texas, I will SO be there.

That's where NonCon '08 was (in Dallas)!
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Elessar wrote:
EntAllat wrote:On the other hand, if there's ever a ST con anywhere in Texas, I will SO be there.

Arg. Yes. FedconUSA. (NonCon? I like it.) What a mess! I didn't know about it until after-the-fact or I would have been there. (Trinneer was there and commented on it at the 2008 Vegas con.)

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm

EntAllat wrote:
Elessar wrote:
EntAllat wrote:On the other hand, if there's ever a ST con anywhere in Texas, I will SO be there.

Arg. Yes. FedconUSA. (NonCon? I like it.) What a mess! I didn't know about it until after-the-fact or I would have been there. (Trinneer was there and commented on it at the 2008 Vegas con.)

OH really! What'd he say? Did you see Enterprikayak's signature pic? it's a pic of him, John Billingsley and Billingsley's wife at the hotel bar after the whole thing went bust!
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby EntAllat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 am

Elessar wrote:
EntAllat wrote:

OH really! What'd he say? Did you see Enterprikayak's signature pic? it's a pic of him, John Billingsley and Billingsley's wife at the hotel bar after the whole thing went bust!

I wish I could remember! I was sitting right across from him when he came to our table at the "Boys of Enterprise" lunch - and there was a brief discussion about it. (Yes, my mind is like a steel trap: rusty and full of holes.) All I remember is that he was very diplomatic about it, seemed concerned for the fans and (I think) also concerned about how it affected the actors who were booked for it. But I can't remember exactly what he said.

And no, I haven't seen that pic. ("Enterprikayak? LOVE that nickname.) I'll go look ...

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:24 pm

yeah, Garret Wang, John Billingsley, his wife and Connor hung out at the bar. Most of us didn't have the balls to actually go up and TALK to them but EP did! She got a picture with John Billingsley and his wife I think... John was really badass because when the shit was about to hit the fan and the hotel employees were ready to boot the convention staff from the middle of John B's Q&A, he brought some order to an otherwise extremely chaotic situation and allowed everyone to get their questions answered about refunds, etc.

Probably the most memorable part of that whole thing for ME was that once it was called off, the actors who had either just arrived or were about to arrive were no longer obligated to sign any autographs or do anything really, but they went to teh autograph room (right after the cancellation announcement) and signed lots of stuff anyway. Many of them were selling their own, but I think several just gave stuff away photos and signatures. What was so memorable was... we're in there milling around... running into some fellow HoT'ers... And Robert Reilly and JG Hertzler (I think it was Gowron and Martok... can't remember for certain...) walk in, having just spent god knows how long getting into makeup, and shout something along the lines of, "HONOR - AND - GLORY, ALWAYS!" to a resounding hail of "Qa'PLAH!" replies :guffaw: :happyjump:
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm

This suggests that if you have to survive an apocalypse, it would probably be good to do it with a bunch of Trekkies around you. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Especially if you go to a con with me and I drove. :mrgreen: I have an electric cooler chest that I pack full of all kinds of goodies (they laughed at me for fried chicken and spaghetti...until we got so busy with panels and the dealer's table and there was no time to go get anything!) and I've been known to bring a microwave when the hotel doesn't provide one in the room.

Okay, maybe not a complete Apocalypse, but you won't starve if you're one of my peeps! 8)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “Conventions”