Stargate Chicago Con.

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Stargate Chicago Con.

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:11 am

Here we are, me, my 5 year old Steven and Mr. Trinneer. More info to follow. I just wanted to put this up since I had the time.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Stargate Chicago Con.

Postby justTripn » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:15 am

Ah! That's adorable. :) Both of you. Connor usually makes his most adorable smile just before posing for the pic. Looks like he got caught in the middle of his adorable smile this time.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

Yep, all of you are adorable. And he looks very Trippy.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 am

Okay, I've got a few minutes......Steven and I went to the Stargate Con even though we're not Stargate fans, just "Trip," Connor Trinneer fans.

We went on Friday since that was the only day CT was going to be there. When we arrived late afternoon Gary Jones was on stage talking and answering questions. Even though I didn't know WHAT the heck he was talking about that was Stargate related, he had a lot of really funny stories and was very entertaining.

CT came on stage at 4:00 and was on for almost an hour, I think. He is chaming and funny and will talk about just about anything. Very candid, talking to the audience like acquaintances rather than complete strangers. He said that he loves to visit Chicago (yeah!) and that he has a good friend who lives here. This friend has taken it upon himself to take Connor out to a diferent pizza place in Chicago every time he comes. So far he's been to Giordanos, Uno and this time the Art of Pizza. He said he ate way too much (I'm guessing it was lunch) and was in danger of slipping into a food coma, so to please keep the questions coming. He said he also likes to visit the Art Institute of Chicago when he comes here.

He just recently fired his manager. Not his agent, his manager, over the "Closer" role. He is looking for bigger better stuff, not barely-there appearances. He just recently narrated two books on tape, even though you get paid next to nothing to do it. (one book was about Bernie Madoff. He said trying to make legal stuff sound interesting was a real challenge).

He auditioned for a role on "Mad Men," but he didn't get it.

He was just contacted by a voice-over agency who is interested in his "every man" way of talking.

He talked about his role as "Michael" the Wraith and just how complicated the makeup was, especially the contact lenses which left him with no peripheral vision. "Michael" was his wife's favorite character, but his "evilness" surprised some of his friends. :evil:

Someone asked him about "the-abomination," and the audience groaned. Connor said he was very flattered that basically the entire series finale was about him, (and he said that, "me," not Trip. You can tell that role was very important to him) but that it was a big "middle fiinger" to the "powers that be." I think he meant the franchise, that he finale was meant to bury the franchise.

He still has not seen the new Star Trek Movie. He said when they do get to go out and see a movie they usually end up seeing what his son wants (I sure know how that goes) and the last movie he saw was Harry Potter. He plans to watch it at home on the big TV as soon as he can.

There's probably more that I'll thing up so I'll post more later if I think of anything.

After that we went for our picture. It was strange - I've never done anything like that before. I have some autographed celebrity pics, but nothing like this. So we get in line-and then it's our turn, and my son walks up to him and says "I'm an Engineer!" And Connor looked a little confused and I reminded Steven that what he meant to say was "I WANT to be an engineer." Smile - flash -I look Connor right in the baby blues and say "Thank You." He says "You're welcome," and that was it. :cry: Connor was pretty much hugging everyone in their pics- I didn't realize that until I picked up mine. Dammit - I'll have to do this again next year! I was all stiff.

I saw on the schedule that a karoke party was scheduled for after dinner, and thought about how much fun that might be, but I just got in the car and drove home. When I got home I mentioned it to my husband who said I should have told him about it and he would have met us at the hotel so we could hang out. :cry:

Here's the kicker: On the House of Tucker Board someone reported that Connor sang a Bon Jovi song at the karoke party - AND I MISSED IT!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Oh, well, several missed opportunities, but we did have a good time and we did get to meet Connor who is really, really good guy.
Last edited by Aikiweezie on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 am

JEALOUS!! 8) :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:10 am

Aquarius wrote:JEALOUS!! 8) :lol:

Detroit's not that far - come down here for next year's Stargate or if you can't get to Vegas!!!!!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm a freak but I actually liked "Micheal" at first. So yeah I get why his wife would like Micheal. I just saw him on "The Closer" last night. But my router wasn't working at the time, so I couldn't report it. I would have asked him, "Have you played a good decent guy since Trip?" I certainly haven't seen him do a good guy roll. But yeah I'd fire my manager if he kept pushing me to do bit parts where I either end up dead or in jail. How can I gain momentum doing that? At least Micheal was a real character, with a story, and even if he did die, he lasted a long time. Sounds nice, but frankly I don't think I can do convetions. I always felt that it was like legal stalking. But then I went to a cooking demenstration as a kid with a very famous chef, and he kissed my hand, I burts into tears and hobbled to the car refusing to stay a second longer. And I watched this chef RELIGOUSY on TV for years! So I could only imagine what a convention would do to me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:15 pm

When I was in high school I went to Beatlefest with some friends who were Beatle freaks, even though I wasn't and I had a great time.

The next Con (besides Anime Central - I was advisor to the college I worked at's Anime Club) I went to was Comicon in August this year. I spent about 20 minutes, no joke, at Daniel Logan's (the child Boba Fett in Star Wars) table just chatting about all kinds of stuff. Then I spent a few minutes talking to Gil Gerard of Buck Roger. They're just people, and from what I can see, they have to be nice, down to earth types to go and do this kind of thing. They could come, do their thing, not talk to anybody and leave and still fulfilll their contract, but I think they really appreciate their fans. I also think they know who's cool and who's a little weird......

I did feel a little weird about getting the picture - I would have rather bought a pic and have him autograph it for our "Wall of Fame" in our "media room." There's movie theater by our house that has celebrities sign autographed pics and then they discuss a movie of theirs before it's shown, so I have Tony Curtis and Leslie Nielsen from that and now Daniel Logan. Connor wasn't signing autographs until after 6:00 and I had no intention of staying that long so we did the picture. Maybe I'll have him autograph it next time!

When I was working I did a lot of entertainment booking and met some not so famous celebrities when they were doing college tours. Some were really nice, like Comedian Jim Brewer for instance, some we not so nice. They're just people like I said.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 am

Aikiweezie wrote:
Aquarius wrote:JEALOUS!! 8) :lol:

Detroit's not that far - come down here for next year's Stargate or if you can't get to Vegas!!!!!

That's VERY tempting!!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 am

Someone on House of Tucker posted this link:

http://gateworld.net/gallery/displayima ... 765&pos=13

Some really nice pics from the convention - Good ones of CT on stage making some really interesting facial expressions.

Return to “Conventions”