Cherry Hill, NJ Convention - July 19 - 22, 2007!!

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Cherry Hill, NJ Convention - July 19 - 22, 2007!!

Postby tennisgirl » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Wow guys, sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for all the stories and the pictures. I'm looking forward to more. And that Terra Prime CT said is just amazing... Yet another reason for tears each time I watch that scene.

And congrats to boushh!!! Awesome video! I'm glad CT watched it, and that you had such awesome chances. Now you've spoken to both CT and JB about TnT, right?
Avatar made possible by the art of ivymae

Quinn - Daria, you can't leave me here with those, those... yuppies!
Daria - Yuppies are from the Eighties.
Quinn - So what do you call people in funny outfits who talk about peace and love and stuff?
Daria - Trekkies...
Episode #205 - That Was Then, This is Dumb - Daria

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Thanks everyone for the con reports and nice pictures! Very Happy

Congrats on your win, boushh! Smile
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Just watched the pics myself ,you guys look like nice american people Smile
I've downloaded boushh's video from HoT ,its amazing ,and i've never heard the tune before,its fits perefectlly .
And congrats to boushh ,i always thaught you were a guy ,boushh - george bush ,weird Laughing (you kinda look like gillian anderson )

PS : Emberchiyld is hot Laughing

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:23 pm

That is definately a very good video. Personally I have to watch it at least twice each time, it's just so well put together.

So, what'd you win? Very Happy

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks guys. Smile I won a Creation gift certificate. Smile

tennisgirl, I've seen both CT and JB yeah, so I'm happy... I still want to see the rest of the cast though! I wish they'd come a bit closer to home...

And I'll take that as a compliment Shakabutt, though I hate that people think my screen name is "bush" Smile ... CT thought that too one time... at least it was a funny moment. Too late to change my name though... too used to it.

Oh and I think that Harbinger shot is a composited shot... JB from the back but not JB when the scene was shot with CT. That's the scenario that explains the conflicting reports... and it never looked quite right to me and that would explain why.

JK, I should have stuck around a bit longer to mention the catalogue, but to tell you the truth I was too frazzled to remember... oh well.

Does anyone have pictures of Anthony Montgomery? Did anyone get any CT video? I know you're all probably in con going craziness, so I'll be patient. Wink

Elessar, which vinyl prints and photos did you get? And yeah, it's fun when there is a group of people. Smile

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

boushh wrote:Oh and I think that Harbinger shot is a composited shot... JB from the back but not JB when the scene was shot with CT. That's the scenario that explains the conflicting reports... and it never looked quite right to me and that would explain why.

Well, I've always been sceptical about it being Jolene from the back. Somehow I think her hips and bum are a bit too wide from what I can tell from extensive viewing of other bum shots I've seen of her! Razz
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Its very doubtfull that its a composite .....look at the illumination on their heads ,it matches .
And a shot like that costs money ,green screen shots involving carachters are waaaaayyyy more expensive than a complete digital shot ,like when the ship cruises .

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:30 am

Well, I'm back home now to all of the hills and fields and cows. And hugs from my youngest. Smile I survived the gigantic bus station in Manhattan without ending up in the wrong state. Will wonders never cease? Shock I hope everyone who is still there is having a great time. I just wanted to say that I had a blast and it was really great meeting everyone. ( and seeing the folks again that I'd met before) Smile Spending time with such brilliant people was very educational. And I've learned that getting two people together that have the tendency to laugh uncontrollably for reasons that are apparent to only themselves will lead to much confusion for the surrounding company. Laughing

Has anyone mentioned yet that we saw George Takei (sp?) while we were getting a buffet dinner at a local restaurant? I have a few (lousy, far away) pics of Connor that I'll try to post tomorrow.

Thanks for the great weekend everyone! Smile

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:43 am

Gee, sounds like fun. She said enviously. Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:06 am

Shakabutt wrote:PS : Emberchiyld is hot Laughing

Uhmmmm Embarassed.... Thanks...

Although that does help me segueway in a really roundabout way to the q/a with Connor. I really enjoyed bantering with him about engineers and geekiness.

I was really nervous about going up there (you know, fear of having verbal diarrhea like "OHMIGODILOOOOOOVEYOUANDTRIPANDENTERPRISEANDuhmYEAHuhmANDTRIPisSOOOnotDEADokimgoingnowBYE"), but Elessar needed a buffer person between questions. So... I get up to the mic and first thank him for making engineers look cool, since we're usually viewed as geeks with pocket protectors and stuff. Forgive me if I missed anything, I was soooo buzzed about being up there that I can't remember it all Confused

CT: You're not wearing a pocket protector
Me: Well, I'm not in uniform
CT: I don't believe that you have a pocket protector or one of those TI...
Me: TI 85? (I make a motion to whip out a calculator)

CT was just sooo funny and engaging, and I really enjoyed his answer to the Treknobabble question I asked him (He said that he asked how things worked and they didn't really give him anything. Except for a set of blueprints)

Then I thanked him and was like "And thanks again for being an engineer that was cool"
I don't know if it was him or me that said about getting the "hot girl" Laughing , but he then said "I don't believe that you don't get the hot guys"

Me (shaking head): Remember, I'm out of uniform
CT (motioning to the room) Well, guys?

And then I run away, blushing furiously, and hide in our row, wondering: "Now, why couldn't I have been a normal person and have just asked a darn question. I just haaaaaad to babble!"

(After the dinner, a guy and his son came up to me and the guy asked me what kind of engineer I was... when I said Mechanical, the guy turned to his son and said "See, I thought so!" Maybe us M.E.s babble....)

Connor was also awesome during the dinner, kneeling right between T'Sara and myself, getting an earful about what we each do (we let him know that he was between two engineers), and talking about his vacation to Spain.

On Engineering and work:
CT made a comment about how we have neat jobs (I think he was more interested in finding out exactly what was top secret about T'Sara's job than anything else! I know that I totally threw him off with my dead bodies comment), and we said "Well, it's not like we're leaping off of warp cores and stuff. We just sit at desks all day." And CT replied "My job has a lot of sitting around, too"
On travel:
I asked where in Spain he and his wife had visited-- Seville, Madrid (and I can't remember the third city! Oh, wait-- it was Valliadolid, where the Alhambra is located)-- he and I both agree that Seville is the most amazing city (ahem, if CT and I both say that the city is great, then it must be. And it is!). He said that he wants to go back to visit Barcelona, the Costa del Sol, and (can't remember third city yet again!), but I put in a plug for Portugal as well-- I told him that if he loved Seville, he'd at least like Lisbon.
On Harry Potter:
So, as the annoying lady started poking Connor to leave the table, he asked us if we were going to the Cabaret show later, and T'Sara said that she had to go home because of work (CT was funny in his reaction to that!), and I said that I unfortunately had a Harry Potter party at Borders to attend. He said that he didn't blame me-- if he was back home, he'd be doing the same. I told him that it wasn't too late-- if he wanted, he could just hop over to a local Borders or B&N 'cause it wasn't til midnight. (I don't think that any of the ladies at whatever bookstore he'd pop into would mind him being there Very Happy)

And then he left. It was neat to watch him on the phone with with y2kelly and with table #2 of the Triaxian silk gang.

I did stop by today around 4ish for a few minutes to pick up a MU Enterprise patch from the vendor tables and tried to give JT a call, but I think the convention was winding down at that point and most of the group had probably left. (would have come earlier, but had too much stuff to do because I had been gone on Sat.)

All in all, a lot of fun and I hope I can make another con soon! It was a lot of fun meeting everyone. (and I apologize for the babbling manner in which these posts have been written-- now you can see why I didn't become a journalist.)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:48 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
boushh wrote:Oh and I think that Harbinger shot is a composited shot... JB from the back but not JB when the scene was shot with CT. That's the scenario that explains the conflicting reports... and it never looked quite right to me and that would explain why.

Well, I've always been sceptical about it being Jolene from the back. Somehow I think her hips and bum are a bit too wide from what I can tell from extensive viewing of other bum shots I've seen of her! Razz

The back and arms don't really look like her either. Confused

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Her back looks like the pics from Maxim ,but she gained weight in season 3 ,anyone noticed that ?

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:02 pm

^
Um, could you guys keep the discussion of whether or not it's Jolene in that scene to a thread about that. This is supposed to be about the convention in New Jersey.

And, just as the final mention of this topic in this thread, Connor's said that it was not Jolene he was looking at in that scene for over a year, because he told us the exact same thing at Vulkon in Cleveland a year ago last April. I think he'd know who was in front of him, since he was there and we weren't.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Great stories emberchyld! Smile You're definitely not babbling. You're giving us the details. Remember that everyone who wasn't there is living vicariously through you. Smile I wish I was at the dinner. Maaaan, I should have gone and just stayed stranded in NJ. LOL. Smile

tothebridge
Cadet
Cadet

Postby tothebridge » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 pm

boushh, Congratulations on your video and the recognition!

Thanks to everyone for the reports and pictures. I love reading all the details!

And I especially enjoyed the engineering comments, emberchyld -- after all these years, I guess the "engineer/pocket protector" connection still prevails. Shock Smile

Return to “Conventions”