SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Postby evcake » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:54 pm

My sis (married to Coastie) was on Kodiak for 4 years and never saw the Northern Lights. Kodiak tends to be overcast.
Flood, huh? Those old Indian canoes must have been really sturdy. We burned down once, before we got our Carnegie building. And we had an earthquake in the late 90's that shook all the books off all the shelves.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:23 pm

Well, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed, then, as far as the northern lights go. We're supposedly going into a more active cycle for sunspots and the like, so maybe that'll mean more of a lightshow. If I don't see the Northern Lights, then oh well... Still it'll be neat to be able to see all the stars up the sky that I can't see from here. Pity there's no way to get my telescope onto the plane to take with me on the trip, I'd love to look at Jupiter and Saturn and the rest without having to worry about the city lights.

That flood was a bit before my time, like I said, it was in 1913 (and I didn't even mention the fire that followed the flood that swept through downtown, or how John Patterson, the head of NCR, set his workers to building flatboats to go and rescue people from the flood). We don't have floods like that now--thanks to the Miami Conservancy District and the five dams they built following that flood. There's a kids' fiction book, actually, about the flood called Promises in the Attic.

We don't get earthquakes very often here. We've had two that I know of that were strong enough to be felt (though I didn't feel the one because we were driving at the time), the other one was while Jeopardy was airing a few days before I finished 10th grade (which I mostly remember because after it was over, my mom came into my room and asked me if I had been kicking the wall). Mostly we get the occasional tornado (though most of those go to the east of us and hit Xenia instead--you could not pay me to live in that city) or blizzard, not much else.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:54 am

Well, seeing Conner is the most important, anyway. Laughing

Banner by JadziaKathryn

mctrip7
Ensign
Ensign

Postby mctrip7 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:36 pm

I really enjoy reading your comments about your home location.

I've only flown into Seatac when we attended a Convention in Tacoma, but I did get to visit Pacific Lutheran University. The Campus has tall pine trees that sing in the breeze. It has an oriental feeling about it. I saw where Connor used to do his acting, but I didn't get to see the athletic dorm where he stayed because time ran out.

I've been through southern Ohio several times, near Marieta and all the glass factories. The scenery is beautiful coming up from West Virginia. I love the rivers, too. Here is Texas we don't have too many hills, rivers or trees; so I'm always impressed when they are around.

We visited 'something-Red River' when we were on the Sioux Reservation in Minnesota. We took all their tours and visited their museum. It certainly peaked my interest.

Thanks again for your comments. I hope to meet more of you someday, but Texas is so far from everything that I don't know when that will be.

Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait for your report!

Mary

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 am

Well, due to the fact that my aunt is flying in tomorrow from North Carolina to spend a week up here, I probably won't be on very much tomorrow after I get home from work, since I'll only get to see her for a few hours before I fly out to Seattle... so I'll say this now, see ya in a little over a week! Smile

Oh and dark_rain is going to be adding the fanfics to the site til I get back, so go ahead and send any stories/chapters you might have done in, they'll be posted.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:46 am

Have a fabulous time! Very Happy

Banner by JadziaKathryn

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:21 pm

I just yelled at Prisocisor "THEY'RE THERE RIGHT NOW!" And he's all, "Where?" And I go: "SEATREK!" And he goes (get this): "What's Seatrek?"

Fool!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 am

Why no pictures yet? Can you email from a boat? I can't wait for the pictures. Popcorn
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 am

me too! Popcorn
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 am

Internet costs $25/hour so we'll have to wait for them to get back...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am

Oh!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:37 am

C'mon! Our rabid curiosity is worth that!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Ah! Jedikatie's last day at sea, I think. Hope we get some photos and report of the cruise soon.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:37 pm

$25 an hour for internet, and no place to insert memory sticks to upload photos, and no internet for at least 2 days of that time, actually, because we were blocked from the satellite by the mountains.

As for pictures, that'll have to wait til tomorrow at least. My flight left Seattle (finally, after a delay) at nearly 1 am this morning, and I didn't get home til nearly 2 pm this afternoon. I've been unpacking (and discovered that at least one of my pictures is AWOL, though it was just me with a guy in a bald eagle costume and not one of the ones of Connor). I'm going to sleep...

Connor mentioned he's filming a couple of episodes of Atlantis in a couple of weeks, with two cons sandwiched in there as well. He largely got asked the same questions at the Q & A that he always does, if I remember right, so he had to relate how he got the part on Enterprise, stuff like that. I'll have to look at the videotape I made of it to tell you specifically what he talked about, I'm too tired to recall at the moment what all he was asked.

Like I said, I'm going to bed, having only maybe 3-4 hours of sleep since 2:30 am yesterday is not a good thing...

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:36 am

Welcome back, Jedikatie. We missed you!

Return to “Conventions”