SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Postby Jedikatie » Mon May 14, 2007 10:41 am

Is anyone else going to SeaTrek here (besides Jinx and hoshissis and myself)?

We're going to be spending a week with Connor on an Alaskan cruise. Oh, and also with Robert Picardo, Ethan Phillips, and Denise Crosby. And also Claudia Christian (though I'm not sure why she's at a Star Trek con). Then there's the people from Buffy/Angel who are there for SlayerCruise, which is taking place at the same time. But the only one of those actors that I really recognize is the lady who played Glory on Buffy...

And (fingers crossed) if the seating arrangements stay the way they are right now, we'll get to sit with Connor at dinner the last three nights of the cruise. Smile
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Postby Distracted » Mon May 14, 2007 2:18 pm

THREE NIGHTS???!!! OMG. I am so jealous. Confused
Image sig by chrisis1033

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon May 14, 2007 2:25 pm

^
Well it is a week-long cruise. But yeah, three whole nights of sitting at the same table as Connor... *sigh* And the other four nights we're sitting at the table next to Connor's. Very Happy

(And why did dark_rain forget the "thud" smilie when he was adding 'em yesterday?)
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 pm

I have had my eye on this cruise, but it just does not fit our schedule or budget at this time. I sure hope more Star Trek cruises are planned in the future, even though only a movie is in production at the moment and no series. Having a current series would really spark more interest in conventions and cruises. Please share your cruise experience with us! Photos would sure be nice.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Tue May 15, 2007 3:13 pm

Well, you'd be a little late anyway signing up for it now, Linda. They stopped accepting people for the cruise on March 1st... (or at least that's the cutoff date listed on the site).

Just 35 days, 18 hours and 48 minutes until my flight leaves for Seattle... *sigh* Very Happy

(Can't possibly tell that I'm counting the minutes, can you? Laughing)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 pm

What? Not counting the seconds? How unVulcan of you, LOL. Laughing
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 pm

If you're leaving from Seattle, I hope you get at least a glimpse of our fair city. Cool
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm

^
Yeah, the cruise leaves from Seattle. Though I'm probably not going to do much sightseeing that Thursday. Not after the flight and layover (which altogether will be about 9 hours) and having to get up at about 3:30 or 4 am EDT that morning to make the flight. I'm probably going to be relaxing in the hotel pool, if anything before the gala at the hotel with the stars.

Though we are planning to go to the Sci Fi museum on the day the cruise gets back into Seattle. Two of us have flights that leave late that day, though, so that's probably about as much as we're going to see (well, that and the Space Needle)...

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Well, I work in our newest landmark, if you want a tour. The Sci-Fi museum is worth one's time, but admission is a little steep. And there's a nice restaurant on the Space Needle. Smile Take the Monorail. Still schlepping after more than 40 years.

Banner by JadziaKathryn

mctrip7
Ensign
Ensign

Postby mctrip7 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:47 pm

I hope you all have a wonderful time! I can't imagine anything less, if Connor is going to be there. I'm going to be there in spirit, even if I can't be there in person. Somebody toast a glass of "orange juice" for Tripsy and me! Sad

Anxiously awaiting your Reports,

Mary (mctrip7)

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon May 28, 2007 9:37 pm

I plan on having lots of fun. Sitting at Connor's table for 3 nights is a bonus as far as I'm concerned, and sitting next to his table the other four nights isn't bad either (well, 3 of the other 4 nights at any rate, 'cause I'm going to be doing stuff in Juneau during dinner time one of those days).

It's my first "real" vacation since April 1998 (I don't count long weekends spent visiting out-of-town family or going to a con for a weekend as a vacation).

Only 23 days, 12 hours and 23 minutes til my flight leaves for Seattle. Smile

So evcake, do you mean that you work in the Sci-Fi Museum? If so, we are planning to go there on June 29th sometime (probably early afternoon), after the cruise gets back to Seattle. Maybe we'll wear SeaTrek or Not.Dead. stuff or something so you can recognize us if you're working that day... I've still got some of my Not.Dead. badges from last year around here someplace...

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 am

No, no...nothing so exciting. Laughing I work in the new public library. The Science Fiction Museum is housed in the EMP - a wonderful building resembling a giant metallic patchwork hot air balloon deflated over a rollercoaster. The SPL reminds me of a lunar colony - it looks kind of like one of the buildings in Outland, I think. Anyway:http://www.djc.com/special/01Top20/splibrary.jpg
and:http://www.sparkplug9.com/images/emp5.jpg (you can just see the little scout ship on display to your left as you come in on the Monorail.)

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:10 pm

^
Hey, I like public libraries, too. I worked in one for 6 years as a library aide (the lucky people who got to shelve all the books).

And I even went to the public library in Minneapolis (when I was there for the MST3K con back in '96) because they happened to have a planetarium attached to it. You don't happen to have one of those, do you? Be a great way to attract tourists... Very Happy

And I don't think I mentioned it over here, but we did get the final seating arrangements for the cruise (provided there's no last minute changes, that is), and Jinx, hoshissis, NX-0ner and I get to sit with Connor the last three nights of the cruise. Classic4 (from HoT) is sitting with him the first four nights. So there's plenty of us Tuckerites who are going to be keeping Connor and his brother company on this cruise. Smile

Oh, and the night we switch tables (to where we get to sit with Connor) happens to be the second formal night for dinner. So we'll get to see Connor either in a suit or a tux... Drool Somehow we're going to have to get a picture of that to share. Very Happy Though my digicamcorder might be a little obvious, might have to buy a disposable camera and use that instead.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:34 pm

A planetarium. What a lovely idea. We can only attract tourists by the strangeness of our architecture. We have slanted floors, a floor carved with the first lines of the books in the foreign language collection, a floor with curved red walls and really low lighting so you feel like you're in the intestine of a giant beast, escalators that go up, but not down, clear glass elevator shafts, ect. Some interesting art, though. And a coffee cart that specializes in chocolate. Laughing
I envy you your upcoming cruise. Maybe you'll see the Northern Lights, too?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:55 pm

^
I hope so, I'd love to see the Northern Lights. Every time those are supposed to be visible in our area (SW Ohio), it's either cloudy or else I'm working late (or very early the next morning and have to get some sleep) or else it's not visible where I live, because of all the lights from the stupid shopping centers they keep building around us. I can't even see half the stars I was able to see just twenty years ago.

Yeah, the planetarium at the Minneapolis library was pretty neat. They also had a little space exhibit around the planetarium. We don't have anything interesting at our libraries, though. The biggest claim to fame of our main branch is that the entire first floor and basement was flooded by the 1913 flood that inundated downtown Dayton, and a couple of guys took one of the old Indian canoes that they apparently had on exhibit on the second floor and used it to paddle around the flooded city, trying to rescue those who were trapped. None of those exhibits are still at the library, though. And the branch I worked at is only 31 years old, so it's more of the whole '70s style. Though they did finally get rid of the horrible orange chairs and the ugly carpet in '96 when they remodeled (they switched to a nice shade of blue for the walls, and got blue/grey chairs instead and new carpet).

Return to “Conventions”