The Experience to reopen???

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

The Experience to reopen???

Postby Aquarius » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I just came across this at roddenberry.com while surfing around. I had no idea there were plans to re-open it; when I visited last August I thought that was it, no more. It was so heartbreaking to see the shops closed and stuff...and there were all these letters and hand-made signs posted everywhere begging them not to close. :(

So I'm glad that it's coming back, eventually. The blogger makes some valid points about separating it from the con though...unless there are some as yet unknown plans to move the con, too???

ETA: I just saw "T'Pol Bot--Browsing" again. That made me smile. :D
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: The Experience to reopen???

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm

I WANT IT TO OPEN! I WANT TO GO!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Oh, me too! I was so happy to go before it closed at the Hilton--BIIIIIIIIIIG THANK-YOU to my MOM for that!!--and even though we had SUCH a great time, I always thought about it with a little sadness, knowing I was one of the last people to see it, and that I never got to see it in it's heyday. It really felt like the end of something and I figured I probably missed out on a lot by not going to cons any more for a while, etc...so maybe that's why the TnT bug bit me so bad when it did, because I ended up here only a few weeks after that. :lol:

Any way, if it reopens, I'm SO there. I'm not gonna wait ten years again. It'll be cool to see how they update it and stuff. Hopefully they'll have some sweet new surprises in store for us. 8)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:49 pm

and it would be BUSY! Busy-ness and Trekkies all buying bat'leths and shite. I love busy trekkies!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 pm

I'd not heard of the reopening. Cool. I was there, gosh, eight years ago now.

Loved the simile, "Like any joined Trill..." 8)

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 pm

enterprikayak wrote:and it would be BUSY! Busy-ness and Trekkies all buying bat'leths and shite. I love busy trekkies!

The Experience wouldn't be complete without a few nutty canadians and their little'uns trekkin around :P
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm

I told my friends at the salon about this and they were like, "Oh, boy...she's already planning her next trip to Trekkie Mecca!" :guffaw:

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 am

Aquarius wrote:I told my friends at the salon about this and they were like, "Oh, boy...she's already planning her next trip to Trekkie Mecca!" :guffaw:

:lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Here is another link to the same blog. The blogger shared some of the mail she got regarding her post about The Experience. It made me remember my own "experience" there, especially when she posted the picture of The Wall, and I got a little emotional, recalling all the letters begging them not to close.

Perhaps a little public pressure on Creation to move the con from the Hilton to a location closer to the Experience would be in order?

I also loved the poster who referenced the Michael Jackson thing that's going to replace the Experience at the Hilton: "Tribute to a Pedophile." Yeah, that's SO much more worthwhile than an evening at Quark's. :bitch:

Return to “Conventions”