"The Abomination"

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: "The Abomination"

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 29, 2010 2:26 am

You can stand by every word even now because every word is the truth! The truth never dies.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 29, 2010 7:15 am

WarpGirl wrote:Oh reading KTR's reviews make me wish that he'd write a fic. Just a tiny one... Oh well this is my favorite part...
Another fan favourite whose character is assassinated (though not literally) here is Shran. For some unexplained reason he's out of favour with the Andorian Imperial Guard after associating himself with criminal elements :rolleyes:! Uh, that's not the Shran we've got to know these past four years. These criminals (the aliens-of-the-week) believe Shran stole some gem and has kidnapped his daughter in order to get it back. Shran now wants Archer, en route to Earth for the Federation signing ceremony, to help him. The plot is completely nonsensical and serves no other purpose than to set up Trip's death. Shran comes off as a jewel-stealing ass! What an end for our favourite blue-skin!
This part of a review actually gave me an idea of a "redeem Shran"-fic. Funny, but I got a lot of inspiration just reading KTR's reviews. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 29, 2010 11:47 am

Oh when will we see that? I'd love a few stories around here with Shran as a prominent character! I get a lot of inspiration from KTR as well.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Oh when will we see that? I'd love a few stories around here with Shran as a prominent character! I get a lot of inspiration from KTR as well.
I didn't say it right, Shran isn't prominent, but a supporting character. However, one of the aims of this story is to explain why a man who was part of the Andorian Imperial Guard and proud of it, could have fallen from grace so much.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Well you know there is the term Prominent Supporting Character. Although now that I think about it that's probably an oximoron. Part of my devestation about Shran's destruction in *the_abomination* is that I just couldn't find any reason based on what I know about him that would make me believe he'd fall in with thieves like these types were. If he had met a group of Catwoman type thieves (maybe) but still doubt it. This is a man of honor! Also like I said although he made some decisions that probably weren't popular back home, I can't see him willingly leaving the Imperial Gaurd ever! And I can't imagine they could get rid of him without a massive fight of epic proportions. It'd be like everytime Starfleet tried to kick Kirk out.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Glad I can be of assistance! :)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Glad I can be of assistance! :)
Just want to remark that in my humble opinion you would made a great fic writer. Not to poke you or anything.... :-p
Love is a verb.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 29, 2010 6:11 pm

^ I had a finale fix fic halfway (or one third) done many years ago, but abandoned it. I just couldn't find the time or motivation after a while. Sorry! :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am

I realize that the subject has changed but I was waiting for my story to go up before replying to Aquarius about Trip's education. And lest anyone accuse me of giving Trip an impossible number of degrees, I didn't. I know someone that got his BS in three years, Masters in three more, took a year off to get married, then earned a PHD in three more. He had all these degrees by 27. He is also the most funny, down to earth person I know. He just loves to learn and can't seem to stop, This is how I see Trip in my mind, constantly writing papers and doing on line work from Enterprise. How could the man that practically redesigned Henry Archers engine ever stop learning. Self-effacing yes, but extremely well educated. I mean we are talking about a Warp5 engine that he was forced to keep modifying in the Expanse. On the job training indeed, but the man had to be formally educated as well.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun May 30, 2010 5:00 am

I concur vehemently! Besides Temperence Brennen had 3 doctorates by age 28. And I still can't figure out how she did that simaltaniously. But Kathy Reichs (oh I can't spell it) signed off on it. And since the TV character is based on her, it must be possible if your smart enough. Trip certainly is. I get scared even thinking about the academic achievements T'Pol has. She has a jump on Trip by about 30 years and Vulcan children play with toys more complex then Enterprise's sensors.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun May 30, 2010 9:28 pm

An MD and 2 PhD's by 28 is doable. It's possible to get into undergrad at 17 if your birthday falls right and get out with a degree in three years. I know. I did it. Then, if Kathy did an MD/PhD program (takes 6 years) followed by another 2 years for a second PhD she'd be done by 28. I would bet she didn't do her pathology residency until after she had all 3 degrees, though. I wouldn't think it's possible to do a residency and a PhD program at the same time.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 31, 2010 1:33 am

Is she also an MD? Weird because I read the one thing they tried to give Bones that was exactly the same as Ms. R was her qualifications and degrees. And Temperence always says, I'm not an MD. Hmm. In any case Trip should have at least two, and *the_abomination* stinks! :upchuck:

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 am

I always thought Temperance was a pathologist. Guess not if she's not an MD. What degrees is she supposed to have, then?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 am

I'll PM you.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”