September '08 word prompt!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: September '08 word prompt!

Postby justTripn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Or you could RE-submitt the one's you've already written. How about A Twist of Fate? The Warp 6 project is shut down, so Trip gets drunk out on the lawn of his workplace under a statue of Zephran Cochrane, and T'Pol helps him home. That was good!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 pm

justTripn wrote: How about A Twist of Fate?

Yes! How about this? :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Aquarius, that was a work of genius. Please, please, let me archive that one here at Triaxian Silk! It should be on the front page.

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:05 pm

justTripn wrote:Aquarius, that was a work of genius. Please, please, let me archive that one here at Triaxian Silk! It should be on the front page.

Aye, I second jT's request. The piece should be shared with all TnT fans, not just those belonging to the boards...

Eian
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Eian Flannagan wrote:
justTripn wrote:Aquarius, that was a work of genius. Please, please, let me archive that one here at Triaxian Silk! It should be on the front page.

Aye, I second jT's request. The piece should be shared with all TnT fans, not just those belonging to the boards...

Eian

I have the same opinion.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Asso wrote:
Eian Flannagan wrote:

Eian

I have the same opinion.

Wow!! Uh...Okay! :D This sure comes as a surprise, this piece being the first one I've ever presented in this fandom. Tell you what: let me tweak a couple of small things that are bugging me now (mostly I want to give the Divynils credit for their song but that's the biggest tweak, I promise), and then I'll read over the submission guidelines ('cause I haven't yet--sorry!) so it's in whatever shape you all are asking for it to be in. Cool?

Eian--I am going to offer more thoughtful commentary on your piece--which I LOVE, BTW--later on, but for now I want to say that while reading it over for the first time, I really had this incredible urge to smell Trip!!! :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 am

Hi Aquarius. It's not my actual week, but since I requested this one, I'll gladly do it. Put a little note on it: "justTrip'n promised to post this for me. Do not post. Wait for jT!" Then PM me to tell me it's there in the box. Don't stress too much about the codes. I can do some for you. If you intend to keep posting stories though it would make sense to learn the codes. Italics is like this:

<i>italicized word or sentence</i>

Bold is like this:

<b>bold word or sentence</b>

At the end of each paragraph put a p like this.<p>

I can do the rest.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Hey, are we asking people to put their own <p>s now?

Man, would that make life easier.

Those <p>s can go at the beginning of paragraphs instead. Either way works.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Nah, I think that one's a little hard to explain... I know... it'd be really nice :lol: , but some people have a whole lot of trouble with the basic stuff as it is. Understandably so. It's pretty alien if you've never touched programming or HTML in your life.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Elessar wrote:Nah, I think that one's a little hard to explain... I know... it'd be really nice :lol: , but some people have a whole lot of trouble with the basic stuff as it is. Understandably so. It's pretty alien if you've never touched programming or HTML in your life.

This is true. I almost shied away from archiving my work at TS when I saw that you all wanted html coding, because of a Star Wars site I used to post my work at a long time ago. I kind of suck at coding, and I got tired of my work looking all goofed up because I don't know what I'm doing, even after I thought I got it all right. I quit archiving there, because it seemed like more trouble than it was worth when all I wanted to do was tell stories. I'd get an alert telling me I got feedback and I'd get all excited...only to be let down when I found out it was just someone telling me that there were italics issues or garbled code amidst the piece. :(

So any way, if the admins are willing to help, then I'm willing to put forth the effort...

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Here is some useful information. And no, I'm not posting a page from my site to pimp it, I'm posting it because it is a very good guide to doing HTML, because it really isn't any more difficult than the UBB code you use in the forums. There's also this website, which lets you basically copy-paste everything. The only problem is that sometimes it screws up the coding and will screw up how it'll be displayed in a browser, and it can be difficult even for someone who knows what they're doing to find the problem and fix it.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 pm

CX wrote: The only problem is that sometimes it screws up the coding and will screw up how it'll be displayed in a browser, and it can be difficult even for someone who knows what they're doing to find the problem and fix it.

:evilmonkey: Then I'd say that's a pretty big problem! Just because admins can do basic html coding doesn't mean they're gifted at finding problems. Better to keep it simple. The worst headaches are when stuff comes over in some previous web page format.

This stuff just isn't intuitive. It often takes me half an hour to fix all friggin' links when I do a full update... :bitch:
Image.Image

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

I might have a few suggestions about that if it helps.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Hit me up on PM. If there's some rule of thumb to make linking easier, I'll welcome it. But it's usually just some typo I didn't notice the first time because it all looks like gobbledgook to me anyway.
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Okay, Eian--I promised you "thoughtful commentary", so I put my comments along with the other feedback at the bottom of your story. Sorry it's a little long and wordy, but I thought it deserved much more than "Loved it, write more!".

I hope I've fulfilled my promise! :lol:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”