Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: September '08 word prompt!

Postby panyasan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Aquarius wrote:
END OF MESSAGES

T'Pol closed her eyes and drew a deep, resigned breath. The last few minutes had been tumultuous…chaotic...excruciating. She did her best to quiet her mind and find her center.

Eyeing her coat in its resting place, she knew she faced a decision:

To purchase the coffee and aspirin before she collected Trip from the detoxification cell, or after?

It was already going to be a long day…

END

You made it very funny! And was T'pol being doing all night? Looking for Trip in the 602 and other places, but he already left those places? :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Aquarius wrote:Okay, I don't normally post anything unbetaed, but I figured this was meant to be kinda screwed up and maybe a little silly, so I wasn't going to get too bent out of shape about it.

I think the fun of this thread that you just write a story of the top of your head and it can be silly, funny or something else, like a writing practice and it is really funny to see so many different takes on the subject. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks, everyone! I was a little nervous because this is the first Trip/T'Pol piece I've ever written, so I'm glad you seemed to like it. Now I have the confidence to tackle something a little more serious next time! :)

panyasan wrote:
Aquarius wrote:Okay, I don't normally post anything unbetaed, but I figured this was meant to be kinda screwed up and maybe a little silly, so I wasn't going to get too bent out of shape about it.

I think the fun of this thread that you just write a story of the top of your head and it can be silly, funny or something else, like a writing practice and it is really funny to see so many different takes on the subject. :D

Yeah, basically I agree with you, but I dream of going pro one day, so even these pieces I do "just for fun", I look at as an opportunity to improve myself and/or try something new, so I almost never post anything without it being looked at by someone first. In this case, I figured I'm just getting my feet wet with these characters, so I just kinda went for it for the sake of getting started. :wink:

BTW panysan, I wanted to tell you that I liked how yours focused on the sense of smell. It's a powerful sense--researchers even say that smells will trigger memories in people more than anything else--yet a lot of writers forget about that one, even though its power can really help to put a reader in a setting, or tell a reader something about a character without being obvious about it. Nice idea!

evcake Too funny! Poor Trip's gonna have to be poured into bed. The mental picture I got of T'Pol carrying Trip to sickbay was just...priceless!

Asso--Love is the drug, eh? Nice! :D

Wow, I hope more people post stuff!! This is so much fun, reading and re-reading what you all have posted so far! :D I'm glad we decided to do this.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Aquarius wrote: Asso--Love is the drug, eh? Nice! :D

Thanks, Aquarius. :D
Well! Don't you think it's so?
The most powerfull of all drugs!
Its dependence is unconquerable! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

These have all been really great and funny and I've enjoyed reading these a lot. I like this new thread.
I'm too tired to write anyhting myself right now since I've spent the whole day reading and writing about turbulent flows, but it has been nice to take small breaks and read one small story at a time. Very relaxing.

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Aquarius - that was hysterical! Loved it!

So, after a week of mulling, my brain has finally assembled a series of words into coherrent sentences. I normally get some quality beta'ing, so poor sentence structure or odd phrasing is very probable. Ye have been warned.

Title: Intoxicated
Rating: PG-13 for blatent suggestiveness
Disclaimer: I write for fun, not for profit.
Note: This snippet belongs to my MU-niverse stories (Disease/Addiction/Imprisoned). It probably makes more sense if you've read them, but you'll get the gist anyway if you haven't.
----------------------------
The Supreme Regent reclined, nude, on the bed. The lights were low in her private cabin aboard the Flagship T'Les. The ship was en route to Vulcan, after completing several weeks’ worth of meetings with Imperial officials and the Empress herself. Politically, the trip was reasonably worthwhile - the bickering settled down long enough to accomplish actual work. Personally, this trip was long overdue and intensely fulfilling. If someone had been allowed to look closely they would have found several small black and rust red bruises along her arms, thighs and backside. They were not the result of abuse - far from it.

The Supreme Regent reclined, nude, on the bed. She allowed herself this indulgence. She wanted to savor the sensations that continued to tingle along her body. A telepathic bond was sufficient to satisfy some of her needs, but physical contact (preferably aggressive, frequent, physical contact) was needed to quench her strongest urges, her deepest needs.

T'Pol reclined, nude, on the bed. Her body marked and sated by her Terran lover. His hands and mouth aroused her like nothing else ever could or would. She lay on the bed as the last of their forbidden passion drifted away from her, leaving logic in its wake, for now. Soon, she could return to her duties. Soon she would no longer be so... intoxicated.
--
I got hugged

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Very, very nicely done, krn. I liked this. :D

Eian
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Delicious, Krn, DELICIOUS! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Very nice. Although I'm pretty sure her bruises would be kinda greenish, though, not red, since the red color of bruises is from blood under the skin. JMO. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:08 pm

actually Dis - I thought about it - our 'iron-based blood' bruises are black and blue - from the deoxygenated blood. Being copper based - deoxygenated blood would be coppery-red, and oxygenated blood would be green. Thus, her bruises would be black and red. (they started out green for T'Pol; as ours start out red)

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed my little snippet though - I'm trying to get my brain to hash out the next actual story for my 'Journey' series. I think I've got the bits and pieces worked out - now I just need to assemble it.
--
I got hugged

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 pm

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:55 pm

krn--I LOVE your MU stuff!!! I'm so glad that you jumped in with this. There is such a dark beauty to what you write about the "other" Trip and T'Pol.

Thanks for giving mine a look--glad you liked it!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:15 pm

T'Pol... reclining... nude... on the bed...

:faint:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Eian Flannagan
Commander
Commander
Twitter username: eianflannagan

Postby Eian Flannagan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 am

I said I wanted to play, too---so I did! :lol:
Thanks to Alelou, my efforts have been posted to TRIS, see HERE.

Eian
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds;
our planet is the mental institution of the universe."
---Johann von Goethe

The Happy Medium Universe

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 am

I think I'm going to contribute something to this challenge... There's a story idea I've always had that fits with it, and it gives me an excuse to write it and for it to be short :D
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”