Need a Beta Reader? Post Here!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Need a Beta Reader? Post Here!

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 pm

I'll give it a general sweep through provided nothing is NC-17. I can't help with punctuation or spelling. But I can help if the sentence doesn't flow with translation. Besides, IOU.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:40 pm

@Enerdhil

I can only advise to take up WarpGirls offer. She can spot continuity errors or slight mistakes in anything Vulcan from lightyears away and she's a great source of good ideas, too :D

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:19 am

I've got a short TnT vignette that could use a beta reader or two or three.

I haven't written something from start to finish in almost six months now so I'm feeling rusty. For some reason I chose to write it from T'Pol's POV and in a certain "style" and I'm not sure if it works or not. Add to that the fact that I still feel like my writing style doesn't flow as well as I'd like and I'm looking at this thing with some trepidation.

Spelling and typo fixers are always welcome but what I'm really looking for here is sentence structure, word choice, flow, timing, maybe some opinions on the T'Pol's thoughts and a sense of whether this is ready to be posted somewhere or whether it needs some reworking.

This is a short, short piece - only about 1500 words or so and has a section in the middle that is - at this moment - unfinished. There's no discernible plot, no action, just a brief picture, thoughts and perspective. It's set in the future and it's G-rated.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Is someone willing to beta-read my July 2010 word prompt contribution? (Which will be the 2nd chapter of "Words") :)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am

I just want to post this here. Me being on a mad roll of frantic writing, I think it should be mentioned that dear aadarshinah took it upon herself to beta-reading an incredible 47 pages of my inane ramblings on a single day! You go, girl :thumbsup:

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 am

:D Thanks. I'd time to kill today, so I can't promise it all the time. But it was certainly exciting reading! :popcorn:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 am

I need a BETa. JT is writing a story with me, Linda is editing my Spy story, Dinah is busy with other stories. I have some stories backed up that I would like edited. If anyone can put up with some views from a different age. Promise no Anti-Archer stories. Just Tnt Love stories and I want to try some Smut. Never wote anything lie that before but I have read it.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 am

I have some short stories (2-3) almost ready, to which I need beta readers. Around 1500-2500 words. Volunteers, send PM.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Alright... I'm back in business and I have a regular beta who has a slow turn around these days, which is fine for most of my fics that are currently on my docket.

However, I'm working on (finally!) my sequel to Reflections of Another Universe and I'd like to have most of it done before I'm done releasing the second edition of Reflections here. This means that I need a faster turn around so that I can keep my schedule. If anyone is interested, I'd prefer it if you were already familiar with Reflections (first edition still archived at HoT -- for familiarity with the storyline). I'd send a chapter at a time to be beta'd (rather than the whole humdinger when it's complete). The prologue is ready.

If you're interested and willing to help me navigate the twisty road that is my alternate MU, please send a pm! Thanks!
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Misplaced, I will try to beta for you. It seems you don't have a PM Button attached to your ID yet on this board. I would speak to an administator about that.

Linda
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 pm

LOL... I checked my UCP and found that I wasn't accepting private messages. Whoops! It's fixed now. :)

I will be holding off a bit, I re-read the prologue so while it's "good enough"... It's not good enough for me. So rewrite here I come. I'll keep ya posted when I'm ready. Thank you!!
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:39 pm

I finally have a first draft of my Soval story for Dina's challenge. It is 14 pages long. Would anyone like to beta it? Here is the text of Dina's challenge:

February 20, 2010 from Dina

I would like to challenge Linda to write a Soval and Trip story. They can be trapped somewhere, sequestered for some reason or just spending some quality time together -- your choice. I would like to see Soval explain Vulcan women to one very emotional Human. Do Vulcan men have trouble understanding Vulcan women? Does Soval understand T'Pol? What does Soval really think of Trip -- and of Trip being together with T'Pol? Will you accept the challenge?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:42 pm

I wish I could! :(
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 pm

You don't have to go into grammar if you don't want to, Warpgirl. If you can point out spots where the story slows down (it is mostly description and conversation), that would help. Or if you find the ideas in it not clear or illogical or lame, that would help. So would you like to give it a try?

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”