Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

rstars
Ensign
Ensign

The Thorn & The Rose / The Briar Patch

Postby rstars » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Hello:

Sorry if I'm over stepping my bounds ..[new kid on the block ENT]

My friend [M] told me about this story.. first on FanFic and then follow up here
M: you were so right, I was up all night reading this story

All, I can say when she is right she is right...

This had to be one of the most beautifully written stories: I Have had the pleasure in reading in a long time..

DinahD.. you truly have a wonderful way of writing that is unique and just I can't find the words... the emotional roller coaster ride you place me on.. WOW!
I could feel and even see the colors of emotions and empathy for ALL the characters in this story .. To me that that take great passion and writing ability!

Wondering would you mind if I save this story on my HD

So a very BIG thank you to you [DinahD] and M for telling about this site and the great stories on it

L [see you later in s/space M]

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: The Thorn & The Rose / The Briar Patch

Postby Reanok » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Dinah is very talented her wrirtting brings alot of layers to the characters and her story is so wonderfully written it seems like your watching the series.I really like her series it's one of my favorites.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 pm

I took several printouts of TnT stories with me when I went into the hospital. Desert Rose and A Thousand Years were two of them.
I was very glad I had thought to bring them. :)
They comforted some anxious hours.
Thanks, Dinah
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:47 am

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment, rstars! Wow! You just made my day! It's so nice to know that people continue to read and enjoy my stories.

Of course you can save it to your HD. And welcome to TriSilk! It's a great site with marvelous people. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. And don't worry about being a newbie. Just jump right in like the rest of us.

Evcake, I appreciate the senitments, but I think they really go to Drogna. I'm sure she'll appreciate them. I hope things are returning to normal for you after your time in the hospital.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:44 am

:oops: :oops: I blush. Thanks Drogna. Pay attention, Cake. :oops: :oops:
Maybe I've read too many stories? No - impossible. :D

I also had The Thorn and the Rose, almost all of Distracted's Season Six, Repairs by Nickitee, and Linda's story about the Ma'pel trees. :D

Thanks, all.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:41 am

Glad to see you back Evcake. Hoping you are doing better after your visit to the hospital and being back home. Drogna and Dinah are two of my favorite authors too. I even like The Briar Patch better then The Thorn and The Rose (I loved esp. the characters in the last chapters) because
SPOILER!!!:
TnT are together, no more T'pol pushing Trip away
, the mystery and intrigue of the story, the great Vulcans and the good writing. Boy, I giving a lot of compliments today, but there are a lot of good writers on this site. BTW, I added the spoiler, because when you are reading a fic like Rstars and someone is just telling you the end, well, it spoils the fun of reading.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:47 am

panyasan wrote:
SPOILER!!!:
TnT are together, no more T'pol pushing Trip away

:D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Dinah

I have just finished the latest installment of the BriarPatch and it was incredible. I quite agree with all the previous comments under the story but I also wanted to comment on another aspect of the story which you are developing beautifully. I not sure beautifully is the right word but Blacknblue's description of realistically is quite there either for me.

Your description of the possible disintegration of a long-held alliance is painful to read yet so very "realistic". Admiral Kiran's actions and reaction to Trip is very much in keeping with the politics of Realpolitik. You are brilliantly bringing his persona of a "Cold War" warrior to life. A warrior who is extremely loyal to his planet, but whose coldness and bias against Trip being human may lead readers into thinking it is bigotry and therefore repulsed by him. In fact, based upon this chapter, I think he is my favorite character.

By the way, have you read Hans Morgenthau's Politics Among Nations? The weaknesses of the Coalition are eerily similar to the League of Nations.

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 am

Although I've never read Politics Among Nations, I've always been interested in history and political science. I think the Coalition has some of the same potential weakness as the League of Nations. At the end of "Terra Prime," I thought the founding members of the Coalition still lacked the conviction to do whatever was necessary to make the alliance a success. If the Coalition had been a rip roaring success, I doubt that they would have needed to form the Federation.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:49 am

i think in some interview manny compared the coalition to the League of Nations.

we already know two of the founding members of the coalition wont be founding members of the federation.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”