evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: I Just Rewatched ____ and Noticed ____

Postby evcake » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 pm

:faint: :faint: :faint:
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Last night I rewatched "Anomaly" (which just took me about five tries to spell and I'm still not sure it's right) and noticed that poor Crewman Fuller was covered with a sheet even while his vital signs are clearly registering as alive right above his head. If you have any doubt, you can compare them with all the injured crew, whose vital signs are pretty much the same...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Alelou, you are not suposed to notice things like that. TPTB would be unhappy with you. Just ignore little items like that. Enterprise series was replete with those little errors.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Actually, if you turn on the special features on the DVD, the Okudas are always pointing out just that kind of thing, but they didn't have any special features on that one. There's one episode where they even tell you Trip pressed the wrong button to open a door. (Apparently he was hitting the comm button or something.)

Truth is, you'd have to be an obsessive fan who has watched way too much (raises hand) to even notice.
Image.Image

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Obsessive fan? I thought you watched those episodes for research for your missing scenes. It's hard work. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:40 pm

God help you if you happen to notice how they screw up T'Pol's eyebrows ... it becomes almost impossible to not notice then...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Alelou, what got me was not pressing te wrong button but the utter lack of proofreadig the damned script. I remember one Episode where Silik was supposed to come on board and the guy from the future was sent to stop and capture him. The guy tells Archer "You like your Scrambled Eggs soft, don't I always serve them to you that way?" This implies the guy has been on board for awhile. The guy later says his roomeate is messy also implying he has been on board for awhile. Trip later says "You don't have a brother on Jupiter station then?" Imlying that Trip had talked to the person before. T'Pol later says "If he is from the future why didn't her come a day earlier?" Well apparently he did. so why didn't he just set up his equipment a few days befor Silik arrives? When does this future guy arrive on board? All of a sudden?

Crewman 1: "who is that new guy, the mess steward?

Crewman 2, "oh he arrived by taxi a week ago.

Crewman 1: "taxi? we are in deep space."

Crfewman 2: "ran up a hell of afare."

Later the future guy uses a glove to walk into the engine to make a repair. He comes out and lays down the glove. Archer later uses it to chase Silik. When in a fight with Silik Archer does not have the Glove on. What happened to the glove? Starfleet would be very intereted in someting like that.

No damned proof reading. Just assume the viewers ar so stupid thye will not notice little items like that.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Oh right... yeah, that's the ticket. It's research. I'm working! 8)

Actually, with certain episodes it IS hard work. :? Thank God for that 'x20' speed on the DVD remote. Sometimes if I really hate one, I just read the script over.

God help you if you happen to notice how they screw up T'Pol's eyebrows ... it becomes almost impossible to not notice then...

You know, I've been watching her eyebrows and trying to figure out what you mean. Is it the 5 o'clock shadow from her old ones that once in awhile seems to show up? I thought her whole look was an improvement in Season 3, so I haven't really noticed what's so messed up. Is it all of Season 3 or just part of it?

I'd probably notice a defect on Trip a lot more. Last night I noticed he had a bandaid on his finger during "Anomaly" (when he's stalking the Ossarian from the top of the engine) and wondered how that happened. People still wear little bandaids on their fingers in that century? And I notice his highlights a lot. I'm always musing about just what gets hunky macho men like Trip and Archer into the barber for highlights when they're busy fighting for survival in the Expanse, for God's sake...
Image.Image

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Alelou wrote:

You know, I've been watching her eyebrows and trying to figure out what you mean. Is it the 5 o'clock shadow from her old ones that once in awhile seems to show up?

I'd say this is more than a 5'oclock shadow...

Now don't get me wrong: I thought her appearance in season 3 was, frankly, the best she looked throughout the entire series, but seeing her natural eyebrows curling down like this was one of those things that I noticed and then couldn't stop noticing (sort of like Luke Skywalker's head popping back up in the scene after he drops off the freezing area on Bespin and obviously lands on a trampoline._ It was, if I recall correctly, worse throughout the midpoint of the season, but got better at the end of the season. Could be wrong though, 'cause I can't recall last time I watched the show.
And I notice his highlights a lot. I'm always musing about just what gets hunky macho men like Trip and Archer into the barber for highlights when they're busy fighting for survival in the Expanse, for God's sake...

Maybe its a screwed up Starfleet policy? :lol:
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Silverbullet wrote: T'Pol later says "If he is from the future why didn't her come a day earlier?" Well apparently he did. so why didn't he just set up his equipment a few days befor Silik arrives? When does this future guy arrive on board? All of a sudden?

I always took that to mean that even though he'd been around since they'd shipped out, he could presumably just go do another time trip into the past to fix what had happened in the last day. The one does not rule out the other.

Silverbullet wrote:Later the future guy uses a glove to walk into the engine to make a repair. He comes out and lays down the glove. Archer later uses it to chase Silik. When in a fight with Silik Archer does not have the Glove on. What happened to the glove? Starfleet would be very intereted in someting like that.

No damned proof reading. Just assume the viewers ar so stupid thye will not notice little items like that.

A lot of things went flying off in that scene, or got fired on with a phase pistol, or got blown out into space, but I think I'd have to watch it again to figure out what you mean.

I'm not going to harp on their proofreading after what I did wrong in my own most recent story. But I doubt very much these guys ever assumed the viewers were stupid and didn't notice things. That's just not the reputation Trek fans have. Were they working under a real time crunch all the time? Yes. Do those guys sign their lives over to their jobs? Yes. Mistakes will happen. We all make them.
Image.Image

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Rigil Kent wrote: Image

Ouch. You really just want to reach in and photoshop it, don't you?

I guess she wanted make-up covering her brows instead of shaving the real ones off. Didn't Nimoy shave his? Sometimes I think T'Pol's make-up and hair suffered a bit from JB's desire to remain a normal attractive female during the rest of her life.
Image.Image

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Nimoy shaved his, but I gotta tell ya--you can really screw 'em up by doing that. I have a spot on my left one that doesn't grow right... Yes, I was one of those "unibrow" children, and my sensitive skin absolutely can't take the "pick! pick! pick!" of tweezing. :cry: So one day when I was 12, I took my mom's leg razor and went down the middle...and went a little too far into the left one! :shock: So now, it grows straight up there instead of off toward the edge of my face like the rest of 'em. And, depending on where the follicles are in their growth cycle, sometimes I have to fill some of it in with eyebrow pencil. And the very tops have to be trimmed down so they look like they're growing the right direction instead of sticking up too high.

So no...having been there and done that, I can't blame Jolene for not wanting to shave hers off.

Just saying.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Oddly, in the1940's (sometime I am not sure exactly when) women shaved their eyebrows and penceled in new ones. Much thinner and shaplier than real ones. some of the women had fairly prominent Eyebrows. don't know how lng the fad lasted but if you ever see a film from that period you will see females with penciled in eyebrows. Of course in those days they also wore High Platform shoes with stilleto heels.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Yeah, actually I think there was a bit of a real-life gag in Carrie Fisher's "Postcards from the Edge" about how her mother's eyebrows never grew back from that era so she had to pencil them in every day. What I can't remember now is whether her mother was really Shirley McLaine or someone she was playing (Doris Day?).
Image.Image

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Carrie Fisher's real life mother is Debbie Reynolds. She's said some hilarious things about what it was like growing up the parents of two famous Hollywood stars, her father being Eddie Fisher.

My favorite story is that when Carrie was in high school, she wanted to take LSD and told Debbie. So, Debbie called Cary Grant because Cary Grant had spoken publicly about his experiences with the drug. Cary called Carrie to talk her out of dropping acid. I believe Carrie's words were - Now, you have to admit that's a little weird.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”