The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: I Just Rewatched ____ and Noticed ____

Postby Ulva » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

No it's true it doesn't have to end with death but the likelihood that it does increases dramatically when you have someone under the influence of plak tow. It's not desired. Ever since the time of awakening Vulcans have tried to control the violent side they have and if you can't do much about the biological side of things the next thing is to shape tradition and customs around it to control it as much as possible.

I nave never liked Pon Farr and belive it was tossed in when Star Trek was first created to make the Vulcans a little more "alien" It sure a shell came back to bite them on the Ass.

I wholeheartedly agree on that. Plus, strange alien sexual customs are always brought up in sci fi, so yeah, they had to come up with something. This is at least well within the usual mammal perimeters when it comes to reproduction but it's a bit shady why they have it, especially since they really didn't need this before the awakening. After that I can definitely understand why since it's possible to control yourself to such a degree that you can chose not to reproduce, which nature have to make sure a species continue to do. It's not quite explained. Even more weird is that their distant siblings, the Romulans apparently have lost this and their psionic abilities, which in the light of survival doesn't make sense, but again, that's the biology student within who reacts.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Time to lighten things up.

Carpenter Street. As a native of the motor city, it doesn't resemble the downtown the showed. Could care less about that, but in the last scene we see the cameras panning away and the mountains in the background. Maybe the RenCen or Windsor but there aint no friggin mountains near Detroit.

Hatchery There is a scene where Trip tells T'Pol they might end up in the brig. The look on her face was absolutely priceless as in "That might be fun" did anyone else notice it?

weeble
aka steelchaser
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 am

Weebie,the only thing I noticed in Hatchery was at the end when T'Pol glanced at Trip, turned and walked out of the door. Trip followed her without question or saying anything. That was the end. No explanation where they might have gone and what they might have done once they got there.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm

I just rewatched Terra Prime and noticed that during Archer's speech he was looking right at Trip &T'Pol whe he said, "And yet, the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other."

I'm sure I'm not the first one that noticed, but I think at that point the Captain figured them out.

Anyhow, I also just began rewatching Farscape and it's astounding how much Crichton & Aeryn remind me of TnT.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Amberlioness
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Amberlioness » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:55 am

CoffeeCat wrote:I just rewatched Terra Prime and noticed that during Archer's speech he was looking right at Trip &T'Pol whe he said, "And yet, the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other."

I hadn't noticed, I'll have to do a re-watch and check it out. If this is a subtle recognition of the TnT relationship by Archer, that would be most appropriate. I think the relationship between the three central characters and the relationship between Earth and Vulcan go through so much change and growth in the course of Enterprise. By Terra Prime, Archer is on the path to being a founder of the Federation. He's making friends and influencing people, so to speak. Having carried Surak's katra gives him a unique perspective and knowledge of Vulcan, which must be in great contrast to his previous opinions. The Vulcans appeared to be conflicted about Archer, as they have their own internal struggles with the more accurate understanding of Surak. In contrast, we have Trip who is an 'emotional human' with real limitations from the current Vulcan perspective a tleast. Yet, he manages to develop friendship, respect and understanding with Vulcans, showing great personal growth and truly living up to the that proverb, challenge your preconceptions, or they will most certainly challenge you. His relationship with T'Pol shows that both of them have grown beyond their respective culture's expectations and built a bridge to each other. T'Pol, well, she breaks with convention, parental wishes, and pushes far beyond her personal boundaries to not only develop her romantic relationship with Trip, but her professional relationship and loyalty to Archer. IMO, she has the greatest personal growth of the three. So, having a moment when these changes are recognized is a plus.

So, that's my two cents.

And, Farscape, lots of similarities with TnT and Aeryn/John. But so many wonderful differences too!

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Wow! I really like what Archer was saying in that speech. I never noticed it (probably because Terra Prime is a pretty emotional episode for me).

It's a pity we didn't see more of this side of Archer in the show. Almost poetic. Must be his speech writer :D , but still he spoke the words.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 am

CoffeeCat wrote:I just rewatched Terra Prime and noticed that during Archer's speech he was looking right at Trip &T'Pol whe he said, "And yet, the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other."

I'm sure I'm not the first one that noticed, but I think at that point the Captain figured them out.

Where is that darned 'like' button? :clap:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”