Why the Trip abuse?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:25 am

Mitchell wrote:Rolling Eyes Kinda why Im getting a bit tired of the constant Polly breaks things off, Yo yo story lines.

Hmmm ... that looks remarkably like my initial complaint ... stated in Seth's inestimable way...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:22 am

Rigil how'd the game go, btw? Off topic... I know...

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 am

41-14, Gators.

I truly and honestly feel for Katie who is a Buckeyes fan. I can only imagine how difficult it was to watch my boys in blue brutalize them.

As a Miami Dolphin fan ... I can very much emphasize ...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:30 pm

And staying OT for the moment... That wasn't the same Buckeye team or defense who played the first 11 games of the season either. My dad went to bed about twenty minutes into the game, saying (and I quote) "They have their stupid hats on tonight." Can't say I disagree with him either... Mom went to bed before halftime (though she has the excuse that she had to go to work this morning and couldn't stay up until the wee hours to watch it all).

As for the topic, watching Jolene in Broken Bow last night made me wonder how anyone can claim that she's too emotional for a Vulcan later on in the series. Heck, she showed far more emotion in that episode than any except maybe a few towards the end of the run. Yeah, I know, still getting a feel for the character and all, but compared to things like the death scene with her mother or the end of Terra Prime, for example, how she acted in Broken Bow was far more human than Vulcan.

Her emotionalism is very much in your face in the pilot, without nearly the motivation for it, other than they were trying to shove a "conflict" between T'Pol and the rest of the crew down our throats and doing a very ham-handed job of it, especially since said conflict didn't really last more than a few episodes into the season... had the mistrust remained, then perhaps it wouldn't have seemed so out of place.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:46 pm

I watched the first quarter with my hubby. More of baseball fan myself. Anyway, hubs and I got to talking about team nicknames and we were wondering...what the heck is a "buckeye" anyway? Confused

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:03 pm

It is a type of tree common in Ohio. Which is evidently what they played like.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Jedikatie wrote:As for the topic, watching Jolene in Broken Bow last night made me wonder how anyone can claim that she's too emotional for a Vulcan later on in the series. Heck, she showed far more emotion in that episode than any except maybe a few towards the end of the run. Yeah, I know, still getting a feel for the character and all, but compared to things like the death scene with her mother or the end of Terra Prime, for example, how she acted in Broken Bow was far more human than Vulcan.

Her emotionalism is very much in your face in the pilot, without nearly the motivation for it, other than they were trying to shove a "conflict" between T'Pol and the rest of the crew down our throats and doing a very ham-handed job of it, especially since said conflict didn't really last more than a few episodes into the season... had the mistrust remained, then perhaps it wouldn't have seemed so out of place.

I really tried to watch BB yesterday before the game but ... I couldn't. Archer, in particular, annoyed me (I know. I know. I've got a rep for disliking Archer, but this pilot really did him no favors.) and I had forgotten just how much I loath T'Pol's "uniform" in season 1. Gah ...

And man, the decon scene...it's been so long since I watched this that I'd forgotten just how gratuitous it was. Loved that Trip coped a feel there (good job, my man!) but that jeez ...

Once again, I loved the look of the ship (I don't care if some people gripe about it looking like an Akira-class since I didn't have a fraking clue what an Akira-class was), and I totally liked the pulse pistols they had until they replaced them with those annoying phase pistols.

Amazing how much better Strange New Worlds was (IMO) when compared to both the pilot and the first actual episode...

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”