Thanks part II

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Thanks part II

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:46 am

Once again I want to thank the peoples who enjoied my second story, encouraging my efforts. :)

Unexpected and urgent business were taking me away for a week, in a place where it was impossible the WEB's use.
Just I was able, I looked at if "Honeymoon" was public.
I saw that it was and I read the comments.
Obviously, I am very pleased because it seems that my story been appreciated. :)

Thanks to all. :D
You incite me to continue.

But I must really thank my Beta!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Re: Thanks part II

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:36 am

Asso, I enjoy your stories!

It's funny, because I had a dance class the other night and the teacher choreographed/taught a contemporary dance to the song "Hero and Leander"... and all I could think about when I heard the song was your first story!
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:34 am

Oh!, "Hero and Leander". Love and death, but above all LOVE! One of the most attractive myths of the Greek mythology.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Hero and Leander is a Greek myth, relating the story of Hero, a priestess of Aphrodite who dwelt in a tower in Sestos, at the edge of the Hellespont, and Leander (Leandros, or Λέανδρος), a young man from Abydos on the other side of the strait. Leander fell in love with Hero and would swim every night across the Hellespont to be with her. Hero would light a lamp at the top of her tower to guide his way.
Succumbing to Leander's soft words, and to his argument that Aphrodite, as goddess of love, would scorn the worship of a virgin, Hero allowed him to make love to her. This routine lasted through the warm summer. But one stormy winter night, the waves tossed Leander in the sea and the breezes blew out Hero's light, and Leander lost his way, and was drowned. Hero threw herself from the tower in grief and died as well.

If you want to read some of the most attractive pages on their wonderful story, you should read Marlowe.
http://www.classic-literature.co.uk/british-authors/16th-century/christopher-marlowe/hero-and-leander/

And if you want to look at one of the most attractive images of Hero, you should look at this painting by Frederic Leighton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Leightonhero.jpg
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:31 am

This is the song that just reminded me of your stories:

Hero and Leander
Adam Guettel

"Could I be Leander?
On a wave am I borne?
Borne to a new home across this lonely sea?

Could you be my Hero, heart afire?
My lighthouse on the shoreline-
Could you be that to me?

Oh, I need you-
I need the rise and fall of your voice.
Oh, I love you,
And now I have a love to rejoice.

Hero and Leander, how your passion is brave.
Even if I drown here inside this wave,
My lighthouse on the shoreline,
My passion on this lonely sea,
My loving you was meant to be."
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:25 am

Splendid lyric! I listened it. And I sought it.

http://www.allmusicals.com/m/mythsandhymns.htm

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”