The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

tambo2063
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Show On Map: No

New Star Trek.com poll

Postby tambo2063 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 am

They are doing a poll on which series you would like made into a full length movie. Voyager is currently in the lead, so if you can, vote for Enterprise. They have been having a lot of polls lately regarding Enterprise. Would be nice if we got a movie, you never know. :trip: :tpol: :ship:

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: New Star Trek.com poll

Postby Distracted » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 am

Here's a link to the main page.
http://www.startrek.com/

The poll is on the right, underneath the collection of Instagram images and about 1/3 down from the top.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm

We seem to be trailing badly. But really, is there any reason to suppose that anyone is actually prepared to make any of these movies, or that their decision would be swayed by this poll? I can't see it myself, unfortunately.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm

They've thrashed the franchise so thoroughly with the atrocious "reboot" junk, none of these series' would make any sense in a movie anymore. How are those of a pimply faced youth disposition supposed to understand that suddenly planet Vulcan is back again :spiraleyes:
Voted for ENT anyway. Just out of principle.

Hummingbird2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hummingbird2 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Kotik wrote:They've thrashed the franchise so thoroughly with the atrocious "reboot" junk, none of these series' would make any sense in a movie anymore. How are those of a pimply faced youth disposition supposed to understand that suddenly planet Vulcan is back again :spiraleyes:

Not to mention 'The Abomination' :roll: . Anyway, I fully agree, and I voted for it, too. :thumbsup:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:06 pm

For sure the actors in the series would be older and lookit.

If the movie, ent, picked up later on after Trip and T'Pol got back together, Archer had gone on to organize his federation, and the thers had been promoted and were on different ships.

But then that would mean writing a new Ent.

If. perhaps one of the better Fan Fics were used as a starting point.......

I would dearly love to see Trip, t'Pol, Hosi, Malcolm, Travis and others again in a full length film. Hell, I could go a few full length films come to that. Look how long they used TOS. Some of those actors were getting a little long n the tooth.

As I understand it the guy who played Archer was 52 when the series ended. He must be 60 by now. bit out of the Dashing Young Hero mold.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

That Romulan war lasted a fair few years, didn't it? So no surprise if the crew has aged a bit. It would be quite plausible to have a "Space, Above and Beyond" style wartime adventure following the exploits of Enterprise and Endeavour. Happily, Rigil Kent has already dealt with the issue of choosing the cast and scripting their adventures. One problem though - would the Enterprise producers be able to live up to the quality of Rigil's story as it played out in my head? In fact I could say the same of Divergent Paths, Lerteiran Chronicles and other stories - entirely plausible as the basis for a gripping movie IMO.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm

I think the problem would be age. Bakula looks close to retirement and T'Pol would look 120 by now. Just wouldn't work.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Kotik wrote:They've thrashed the franchise so thoroughly with the atrocious "reboot" junk, none of these series' would make any sense in a movie anymore. How are those of a pimply faced youth disposition supposed to understand that suddenly planet Vulcan is back again :spiraleyes:

:clap:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Simple. Put Connor in old man makeup and have he and Jolene guest star in a reboot movie.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't think Trip would have to be *that* old, would he? Jolene's still only a young thing, and if we wanted to make her look even younger I'm sure that people who can give Shran wiggly antennae would have no problem flattering her by a few years. It sure would be great to see them back on the screen, especially if we get some decent plots. It goes without saying that I'd much rather see them starring rather than guest starring. :D

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 pm

:clap: :clap: lerterian chronicles (sp) :clap: :clap:

best way to go forward.!!!!
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 am

I have wondered what the average life span of a human male would be in the time frame of Ent? You could have a middle aged Trip and a youngish T'Pol together in a film. Lovers or married, your choice.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 am

Okay, I just voted and Enterprise is at 19%. The other two are at 38% and 42% and I think they would have even more of a problem with aged actors syndrome.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”