The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Another reason the Abomination was trash

Postby Linda » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm

I too long for a return to the small screen and a better ending to the Star Trek:Enterprise series. Hopefully sooner than later, while we can still get the actors to reprise their roles. They can always look at the Abomination as a holodeck misinterpretation by a later character who is afterwords corrected. Dream big. Follow the dreams of the fans! :thumbsup:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 pm

I must say that Alelou's response to The Abomination was inspired - she dismissed *the_abomination* as a piece of misinformed fanfiction written in the Trek 'verse, while gently poking fun at writers of fanfiction, all wrapped up in an amusing tale with a generous helping of TnT sugar. It's even completely consistent with canon. What more could you ask for? :hatsoff:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Ah, thank you, Cogito.

But I think we could all ask for what Linda was talking about -- a redo with our actors, please. Wouldn't that be lovely? (Or we hope it would be!)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Yes, it would be absolutely fantastic.

With my skeptical hat on I think it would be hard to make the financial case for it, but I would dearly love to see these characters continue their adventures - especially if done with decent writers sympathetic to a TnT relationship.

My guess is that within relatively few years commonly available CGI technology will reach the point where low budget or DIY animations could produce a watchable video - I've already seen one that was not too bad. It remains to be seen whether there will be any Trek fans left by then with sufficient interest to do it - or whether they would be able to do it without getting their ar$es sued into oblivion. But hey, I live in hope. :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Alelou wrote:... a redo with our actors, please. Wouldn't that be lovely? (Or we hope it would be!)

It would be wonderful. And. .. never, never, stop having hope. It would be like putting a gravestone on humanness.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Don't worry about Trek fans. TOS ended in the 60's and TNG started in the 90's. We'll still be here. :D :D
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:14 pm

:thumbsup:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Asso wrote:
Alelou wrote:... a redo with our actors, please. Wouldn't that be lovely? (Or we hope it would be!)

It would be wonderful. And. .. never, never, stop having hope. It would be like putting a gravestone on humanness.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but isn't it a bit to late for that? Jolene didn't age well. Those rubber boat lips look like **** on a face that has more wrinkles than winnetou's tobacco bag. I can do without more Startrek VII's where the actors look way past their sell-by date.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't know Kotik, last few shots I've seen she still looks good. Besides if they used the Lerterian Chronicles story line (big plug for Dis and BnB) she could evolve quite nicely. (spoiler alert) not too mention we could finally put super Archer away...
Last edited by Weeble on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Weeble wrote:I don't know Kotik, last few shots I've seen she still looks good. Besides if the used the Lerterian Chronicles story line (big plug for Dis and BnB) she could evolve quite nicely. (spoiler alert) not too mention we could finally put super Archer away...

:clap: :hatsoff:

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Of course the actors will have aged. So just continue the story skipping fifteen or twenty years into the future. Even if Vulcans do not age very much, and Jolene no longer looks the same (and I don't know what she actually looks like now), makeup artists are very skilled. No matter how much they have aged, I still would like to see them in their roles again.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Linda wrote:Of course the actors will have aged. So just continue the story skipping fifteen or twenty years into the future. Even if Vulcans do not age very much, and Jolene no longer looks the same (and I don't know what she actually looks like now), makeup artists are very skilled. No matter how much they have aged, I still would like to see them in their roles again.

Well said.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 pm

*the_abomination* was also dren because in it the enterprise was going to be decommissioned. Any good writer would let Reed blow it to kingdom come.
Writing as TrekPyro.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:*the_abomination* was also dren because in it the enterprise was going to be decommissioned. Any good writer would let Reed blow it to kingdom come.

Yeah Reed was more or less invisible in the abomination. In 'Real life" and not a hologram program he would be the one who would risked everything for the safety of the crew.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:14 am

Well yeah, but I was only thinking bc Reed likes to blow things up and it would just be a cool way to end it :)

and bonus points if the holodeck lost containment and it spilled out into the corridor on Enterprise-D and sizzled Riker's beard off.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”