My personal idea about why T'Pol became First Officer.

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

My personal idea about why T'Pol became First Officer.

Postby Asso » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 am

Why

“Ashayam?”

Trip shifted in the bed to watch T'Pol. Damn how beautiful she was! After love, then, she looked even more beautiful, granted that it was possible. Yet it was so.

He held her close and lifted his finger to stroke the tip of one of her ears. “Yes, Darling?”

With eyes closed, T'Pol flexed a little her head, turning it toward Trip, to better savour his caress.

“So? What is it, Hon?” Trip's voice was gently bantering. He knew that T'Pol had some difficulties to be just totally lucid and coherent when he stroked the tips of her ears, especially, who knows why, the left. That was why he was always getting on her right in bed; in that position it was easier for him to reach with his right hand the left ear of T'Pol. And, who knows why, T'Pol had never found anything to say about his choice, in respect of their position in bed.

Eh nothing to say. He was just a rascal.

Trip spoke softly, repeating again, in a tone somewhere between teasing and loving: “So, Sugar?”

T'Pol opened her eyes, whilst gripping the finger of Trip. She pushed it away from the tip of her ear.

There was a bit of annoyance in her voice when she replied to Trip. But not too much, not too much. Trip now knew her too well. Damn well. “If I'm allowed to talk, maybe I can tell you what I have to say.”

Trip smiled mischievously. “This means that it is better that I stop stroking the tip of your ear?”

T'Pol's eyebrow rose. Just a little. This meant: rebuke. But not too severe. Not too much.

Then the eyebrow regained its normal position and in T'Pol's eyes appeared a strange expression. Serious. Too damn serious for a moment like that. After love there were sweetnesses and tendernesses. It was a ritual for them, a very delightful ritual.

Trip became slightly alarmed. What the hell went? He freed his finger from T'Pol's grasp and turned completely towards her, loosening his embrace. “What is it, T'Pol?”

“Trip ...”

Oh oh! Trip. Not good. It was always damn delightful being called by her by his nickname, but that was not the name she used in their moments of… true intimacy. Ashayam and the like, those yes. Those ones had become the names by which she called him, in… those occasions. But Trip... no. Trip was the name she used to ensnare him. She knew very well that when he heard her calling him so... he was trapped.

He prepared mentally himself to try to extricate himself from the trap, whatever it was. Wasted effort, though. He knew.

“Trip, why have you surrendered so easily, when I purported to prevail over you in the chain of command?”

“Eh?”

“I said...”

“I understood what you said, Honey, but frankly I do not understand how the hell you can think to ask it, and what's more...”

“It is important, Trip.”

Trip finished his sentence by inertia. “... at a time like this.”

Then he realized. “Important?”

“Yes.”

“Also ... even at this moment?”

“Yes.”

“But...”

“Trip...” T'Pol's voice softened. She raised her hand to caress Trip's cheek. “Ashayam, you don't ever give in, never deviate, don't give up. If...” Her voice softened even more. “If I became your wife, it is because you don't ever give in, even when it seems you're doing it.”

“Yes, but ...”

“I became the First Officer of Enterprise, rightly or wrongly, but you, too, had the ability and the right. But you never complained, after that first time. And you have always respected my role. Why?”

“But, honey, do you think that it is the moment ...?”

“It is a long time since I want to know why, Trip. I am Vulcan. I feel that is important.”

“Okay okay, but just right now?”

T'Pol interrupted him. “Trip ...” Then she fell silent. She settled more comfortably in his arms. She rested her head on his chest. “Ashayam, do you think it is possible that there is an intimacy greater than that between the two of us?”

“Eh? Oh ... oh no, no, of course not.”

“Do not you think that precisely in moments like this our intimacy is deeper than at any other time?”

“Well, but ... of course! But what to do with...?”

T'Pol clung tightly to Trip. “It was at a moment like this that I've finally decided to reveal to you my addiction.” T'Pol raised her head, looking straight into Trip's eyes. “To reveal to you what I had illogically purported to conceal from you.”

Trip raised his hand and gently stroked the cheek of T'Pol. “Baby…” - His voice was soft, but also serious. – “…do you think I'm hiding something from you?

T'Pol almost jumped. She buried her face in Trip's chest. “No, no, Ashayam. You ... you are honest and sincere.”

“Like you, my love.” Trip began to rock gently T'Pol on his chest. “Like you. Simply you did not know how to say that to me.” - His voice was playful. – “But in the end you have told me your little secret.”

From the chest of Trip, it rose the voice of T'Pol. A little uncertain, in truth. “Yes, but ...”

“And then...” - The voice of Trip was now openly cheerful. – “Is there anyone who would dare deny that you have been the best of seconds in command? Far better than it could have been me?”

T'Pol's voice rose again. And Trip did not deceived himself. It could not escape his attentive and experienced ears the note of sadness and regret that resounded in T'Pol's words. “Ashayam, when I had to take the command in the absence of the Captain, I was unable to defend worthily the ship. For a nap, as would say you, we were not destroyed. And the Trellium certainly didn't help me.”

Trip almost got angry. He spoke in a tone slightly harsh. “And do you think I could have done better? What the hell could you have done in those damned circumstances? Drug or not drug?”

“But you have not failed when you have been left alone in command. You've avoided the war broke out between Andoria and Vulcan.”

Trip burst out laughing heartily. The slight jolts of his chest cradled nicely T'Pol. “Just think what kind of irresponsible I was! Thank goodness, luck wanted to help me out! But how is it possible let a hell-bent, impulsive, thoughtless fellow like me can command a spaceship?”

His voice became softened. His hands stroked lovingly T'Pol's hair. “Thank goodness the Captain for once had the right inspiration. For once he was not wrong to follow his impulses when he commissioned you as his first officer. And...” -Trip's voice became even softer –“... thank goodness you are by my side, to put a little salt in my insipid pumpkin, to curb my illogical recklessness. And…” - Trip rolled T'Pol over him, so that she was lying on him, chest to chest, and he hugged tightly her to him. – “…to love me.”

Irrepressible, joyful, the voice erupted from the depths of T'Pol, in a cry, happy, of response to Trip. “Yes!” She pressed her to him. “I love you, Trip! I love you so much!”

Trip heightened even more his embrace. “So you can understand why I have not fought too much when you wanted to impose you to me in the command.”

T'Pol raised her head, still lying on Trip. She looked at him curiously and intently.

Trip looked at her seriously. “You are right, my love. It was ... it is important that you know, now, why I have behaved so and why it was right that I were to act like that. Why it was the only thing I could do. Even if I am sure you already know why.”

“Why, Trip?” T'Pol was foreseeing it, she was foretasting it. And she wanted to hear it!

Trip smiled. “Because...” Trip paused a moment, smiled again. Then... “Sometimes, fortunately, the heart knows that it must take the command over the mind, because it knows things that the mind does not know yet. As at that time, my love. My mind did not know, but my heart did. It knew perfectly.”

T'Pol could not resist. She found herself smiling in turn, sweetly, as she spoke. “What, Trip?” Yes! T'Pol wanted to hear it. She absolutely wanted to hear it!

“That for me it was quite impossible fight you to the point to overwhelm you, that it would have been the biggest mistake that I could do, because in this way I would have risked to ward off you from me even before the two of us had approached each other. Because my heart knew perfectly well ...”

Trip paused again, and smiled one more time.

T'Pol held his face between her hands. “What? What, Ashayam?” - Tell it! Tell it!

“That I loved you, T’Pol.”

There! There! He had told it! But T'Pol wanted to hear it again. She had to hear it again! “You loved me? Even at that time?”

“Yes, my love. I loved you even then. I loved you since the first moment I saw you. But...”

Yes! Yes! Again! More! Say it! TELL! – “But?”

“But much less than now and infinitely less than in the future. And...”

But this time, Trip had to finish talking once and for all, at least that night.

It seems that it is impossible to speak while being kissed with ardour and passion.

The End
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: My personal idea about why T'Pol became First Officer.

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Asso, nice story. Keep on Trucking and writing

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”