The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Captain Tucker or Captain T'Pol?

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Kotik, your mother needs new doctors. Being wrong three times is bad news in itself.

I am reganing my sense of balance. I am going to wait for the final exam. Until then Iwill try to live with it.

Distracted. I have severe anemia and my red cell count is half of what it should be that is why I am a bit worried.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 am

Anyway, T'Pol was inexperienced. she never commanded a ship nor was she ever a FO on a ship. she only served on two Vulcan ships neither in a command position.

She was in intelligence and then transferred to the Science Directorate. She was never in a command position. Often she worked alone i intelligence.

So her experience to be FO or acting Captain was not there. she was inexperienced. Trip had much more experience.

When he helped Archer and robinson test that Warp Engine he was an ensign. He risked his career to do that.

Archer told him that if he, Archer, ever commanded a ship Trip would be chief Engineer. aparentlly it as at Archer's request that Trip was on board Enterprise as chief engineer.

SB

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:04 am

Silverbullet wrote:Anyway, T'Pol was inexperienced. she never commanded a ship nor was she ever a FO on a ship. she only served on two Vulcan ships neither in a command position.

She was in intelligence and then transferred to the Science Directorate. She was never in a command position. Often she worked alone i intelligence.

So her experience to be FO or acting Captain was not there. she was inexperienced. Trip had much more experience.

Sure - but from the Vulcan viewpoint all the Humans are bozos. Any Vulcan can do any task better than a Human. So of course they would take the Ambassador's young aide and insist she be not only their representative but be in the chain of command.

And hey, it worked out, except for that bedding the chief engineer bit :badgrin:.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Yep. Not the smartest thing she ever did. It's why we're here, though, so I suppose we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Silverbullet wrote:I received some very unsettling news last week.

Sorry to hear that, SB. Best wishes for a happy outcome.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Putaro, the humans launched Enterprise despite the Vulcans wanting them to wait for ten years. Humans also appointed Archer as Captain over the Vulcans protest. the vulcans did not want Archer.

So why should the humans let the vulcans dictate who would be in the humans chain of command? Certainly not a Vulcan.

It is in the series that the vulcans wanted the humans to put off the launch for ten years and that they did not want Archer as Captain.

The humans had told the vulcans to stuff it a few times why should they allow them to force t'Pol in to the humans chain of command. she had no business there. she had no experience at all in Command.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm sure that's all true, but as to the question why Starfleet would allow vulcans to impose their officer on the crew, I can imagine the conversation going something like this:

Fly on the wall wrote:Forrest: :bleep: you, you arrogant sons-of-bitches have held us back for the last time. I'm sure as hell not sitting on my arse for another ten years while you decide whether to support us. Who we appoint as captain is none of your :bleeping: business. We're going with or without you, dammit, and there isn't a :bleeping: thing you can do to stop us. :bitch:

Soval: I see. And how do you propose to find your way to Quonos? :vulcan:

Forrest: :oops:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Silverbullet wrote:
I received some very unsettling news last week.

I am so sorry to hear, Silverbullet. Hopefully the tests show differently. We keep you in our thoughts.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, SB, you have a number of good points but what do you want? Should we rewrite the show with T'Pol not as FO? I enjoyed it as it was. I think the character dynamic was about the only thing that really worked.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Cogito wrote:I'm sure that's all true, but as to the question why Starfleet would allow vulcans to impose their officer on the crew, I can imagine the conversation going something like this:

Fly on the wall wrote:Forrest: :bleep: you, you arrogant sons-of-bitches have held us back for the last time. I'm sure as hell not sitting on my arse for another ten years while you decide whether to support us. Who we appoint as captain is none of your :bleeping: business. We're going with or without you, dammit, and there isn't a :bleeping: thing you can do to stop us. :bitch:

Soval: I see. And how do you propose to find your way to Quonos? :vulcan:

Forrest: :oops:

Well, I don't know. That diatribe doesn't quite sound like Forrest. From what we saw in the series, he was on quite amicable speaking terms with Soval, if not friends even.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

putaro wrote:Well, SB, you have a number of good points but what do you want? Should we rewrite the show with T'Pol not as FO? I enjoyed it as it was. I think the character dynamic was about the only thing that really worked.

I also liked T'Pol -as a FO, as a Vulcan and as a Vulcan female. Yes, she made mistakes and her character has been misused, but deep down she is a capable, strong, intelligent woman. I also like Vulcans, just as I like Humans. That's why I love the show - in spite of its flaws.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Kotik wrote:Well, I don't know. That diatribe doesn't quite sound like Forrest. From what we saw in the series, he was on quite amicable speaking terms with Soval, if not friends even.

Did I write 'Forrest'? Pesky spell checker - I mean to write 'Archer'.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Well T'Pol may not have had command experience before she was on Enterprise but she did get some experience of command while on Enterprise. I particularly liked the way she got rid of that ship attached to Enterprise by slamming into another ship - forgot the episode and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 pm

"Twilight"

Happy Thanksgiving!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story