The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

putaro
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: A T'Pol and Trip body difference

Postby putaro » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:19 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like ENT had the most screen-time for Andorians and the only actual Andorian romantic relationship on-screen. So, I'd take what was in ENT as the most "canonical" myself.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:48 pm

lfvoy wrote:Extrapolating this out to Vulcans, who are presumably desert-adapted mammals, it seems that it would make more scientific sense for them to be somewhat cooler than humans under most circumstances -- but definitely not all (and a love scene would qualify as an exception given that our own body temperatures rise when that's going on). It'd also partially explain their longer life spans.

Having a cooler body temperature on a desert planet wouldn't make sense, as it would be harder to keep it stable in a hot environment. We never saw Vulcans sweat like pigs, nor do they pant like dogs, so how are they supposed to keep a cool body temperature in a hot environment? :o The only scientifically sound explanation would be that a Vulcan's body temp is actually higher than a human's.

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 am

Unfortunately, no one's ever accused Star Trek of being scientifically sound. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”