The Forge

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: The Forge

Postby Weeble » Wed May 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Hopefully all have exhausted themselves. Need a new topic, like....the bio game who's up?
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Wed May 02, 2012 4:16 pm

If it happened, he should understand her better, really. Of course, Surak is a Vulcan MAN and T'Pol is a Vulcan WOMAN, so maybe not. I think it would be interesting, but hardly the better choice for that episode.

I also don't know if it would 'ruin' Trip's character, but it would definitely move him along from Trip the charming and occasionally rascally fellow we love to Captain Tucker. Judging from "Twilight" at least someone figured he'd get pretty grim and lose his ability to make imaginative leaps in that situation. I don't really buy that, but I do see someone like Trip probably enjoying life a great deal more as Chief Engineer than as Captain.

And now I really do have to go grade research papers. Sigh.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Alelou wrote:If it happened, he should understand her better, really. Of course, Surak is a Vulcan MAN and T'Pol is a Vulcan WOMAN, so maybe not. I think it would be interesting, but hardly the better choice for that episode.

I was thinking more along the lines of T'Pol looking at him differently because he was the receptacle of the Father of Logic for a brief time, and then Trip second-guessing himself when she comes back to him (is it me or because I had Surak in my head?) For this reason, I'm okay with Archer carrying the katra because T'Pol already had a weird hero worship thing going on with Archer (misplaced or not.)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm

That's an interesting point, though unless Trip's suffered through Daedalus first I'm not sure he'd be that insecure about it. Also, presumably Surak would give him a lot more insight into the Vulcan mating bond that he should already be afflicted with at this point.

I I ever get to it, it will be interesting to see how it comes out, but my AU will be so different from canon at that point that it's hardly a relevant comparison anymore.
Image.Image

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed May 02, 2012 4:48 pm

I totally get that. In my DivPath stuff, I've only just started to consider what happens in my AU season 4, especially in regards to the Kir'Shara thing. That'll definitely be an ... interesting time when I (eventually) get to it...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed May 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:I totally get that. In my DivPath stuff, I've only just started to consider what happens in my AU season 4, especially in regards to the Kir'Shara thing. That'll definitely be an ... interesting time when I (eventually) get to it...

Ooh, can't wait to see your rendition of it. :clap: I think that sending Archer down there was the best variant as it allowed him to experience the Vulcan soul first-hand. In DivPath it could become very interesting to see, how Surak in Archers skull reacts to the many dark memories Archer has picked up during his mission.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed May 02, 2012 6:00 pm

I keep imagining T'Pol's line, which lead to an exchange that seemed quite crushing, at the time:
T'POL: I'm learning, it seems for the first time what it truly means to be Vulcan.
TUCKER: Well, maybe you can fill me in.
T'POL: Not until I understand it myself. I don't think there'll be time for (pauses)
TUCKER: What do you want me to say?
T'POL: That you understand.
TUCKER: I do. It's not like I didn't know this was coming. (as she turns away) At least my warp engines still need me.

In then, in the AU where Trip goes to The Forge with T'Pol, ...

T'POL: I'm learning, it seems for the first time what it truly means to be Vulcan.
TUCKER: Well, let's set aside an hour or so this evening after 'neuropressure', and I'll explain.
T'POL: Very well, I shall expect you at 19:00 hours as usual. Please wear your blue shirt, it looks most agreeable on you.
TUCKER: And you'll wear your blue silk jammies?
T'POL: Agreed.

(fade)

:D

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Now that's just silly. :roll: One of the scenes I hated was Super!Archer explaining to T'Pol how to do that mind-meld with Hoshi. By Trip explaining Vulcanness to T'Pol you'd make him into Super!Trip, which would be equally silly.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed May 02, 2012 6:18 pm

I'm assuming that was just a fun little joke. (I can just imagine T'Pol's face if Trip presumed to lecture her on being Vulcan -- I don't care if he DOES have Surak in his head.)

I suppose it would be kind of like a couple of Americans telling Panyasan what the Dutch are like... :oops:
Image.Image

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed May 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Alelou wrote:I'm assuming that was just a fun little joke.

:evillol:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Alelou wrote:I suppose it would be kind of like a couple of Americans telling Panyasan what the Dutch are like... :oops:

:tears: :tears:

Thank you for the great laugh.

I thought that even being Dutch, it's hard to tell what the Dutch are truly like. We all kind of different. Must of kind of hard for T'Pol for trying to figure out what a truly Vulcan means. I always felt she was saying "please I need to find my way as Vulcan being before we can go further" and Trip took it like she was brushing him off. Yeah I know, she should have been more clear, but she wasn't too happy about the situation either.
Last edited by panyasan on Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Rigil,

I made some reflections that you have counterattacked. I could make other reflections, able to counter yours. And both of us could go on forever. However, it doesn't seem to me like a good idea, because, if I must be honest, you have a tendency to be a little assertive. This is not a bad thing in itself, however it is unpleasant, makes people like me uncomfortable, because it inevitably engenders the temptation to behave the same way.

Now, while thinking that, after all, everyone has the right to say what he thinks without being accused of being tiresome, I too, like you, am a little tired.

Let's do this: everyone remains on his own idea and thinks also that the other is more or less wrong.

What is certain is that if you, as you say, are actually at the point where you are about to just throw your hands up and walk away entirely, I can't not say that I, in my turn, am at the same point.
Indeed, thou hast already done this, and before me, who did the same. And you came back, and before me, who did the same.

But, to be honest, once again, I, like you and one more time, am actually at the point where I'm about to just throw my hands up and walk away entirely.
To you, like to me, the choice. Each of us is playing in another's house.

What about the fact of thinking that for each of us there may be reasons that he believes entirely valid to say what he says and to insist on something about which he cares deeply? Why should we believe wrong the emphasis of someone on something he cares deeply about? If we, all of us, are here to discuss things which, seen from outside, by different people, could only seem petty trifles, it is because, obviously, we consider these things important, at least for us.
Honestly, no one can say that we, all of us, can not pass for obsessed
And the people obsessed can be - just like that - even a little obsessive.

Let's face it.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Sure. Whatever, dude.

Interesting how it's only an attack when it's someone countering your points instead of the other way around...

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Sure. Whatever, dude.

Interesting how it's only an attack when it's someone countering your points instead of the other way around...

Well, that's human, I say. Perhaps... no, for sure... even vulcan. I bet on that.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”