The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: What happened?

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed May 02, 2012 4:24 pm

WarpGirl wrote:2. Trip does not and would never enter into a sexual relationship with a married woman.

Except in the Daedalus novel. Granted, not canon (and a pretty bad book, if I recall correctly, but something to consider.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Thu May 03, 2012 2:23 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:2. Trip does not and would never enter into a sexual relationship with a married woman.

Except in the Daedalus novel.

** SPOILER **

But even that was extenuating circumstances; the woman's husband was a walking vegetable, and Trip was rather in extremis both physically and emotionally. The book also did imply that neither of them really considered it appropriate behavior; it was just "one of those things" that sometimes happens.

** END SPOILER **

So, canon issue aside, I think WG's point stands. I can't see Trip seriously considering a relationship with T'Pol as long as she's married, especially given that she married Koss despite being involved with Trip (and the dialogue in "Home" prior to the marriage indicates they are involved). No matter what the excuse or circumstances, that had to have been a blow to some part of his ego.
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm

lfvoy wrote:But even that was extenuating circumstances; the woman's husband was a walking vegetable, and Trip was rather in extremis both physically and emotionally. The book also did imply that neither of them really considered it appropriate behavior; it was just "one of those things" that sometimes happens.

I'm not saying that it was normal behavior with him; I'm simply playing devil's advocate and contesting the assertion (and I quote):

Emphasis mine.

Given his reaction to T'Pol's marriage, I actually found his actions in that novel to be pretty OOC and was more than happy to pull out the "not canon; disregard completely" card where I could get back on board with Trip never even considering an adulterous relationship.

But it's all good.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”