The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Keeping Trip and T'Pol frest.

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm

I often re-run favorite episodes. I have Season three and four on DVE. I had hpes that since Eterprise has been given the axe and is no longer made for the past seven years that the DVD's would come dowm i n price. Not so. seems that there may still be a market for them. I thought I could get Season one nd two on the cheap.

I also keep them fresh in my mind by writing stories about TNT. Most I write and erase. but many I have submittedto be read by others.

I had watched episodes on Syfy channel but it sems that the SyFy channel has droped Enterprise from it's programming.(which I cannot understand as Enterprise was drawing quality advertisers. Major car manufacurres, Large Insurnace comanies, Burger KIng and other Hambuger outlets. Instead of male enhancements that once had been the major advitisers for Entrprise.

What do you do?

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: Keeping Trip and T'Pol frest.

Postby Weeble » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 pm

SB,

Star Trek in general is gone from TV. It's disappointing. Given the tripe it was replaced with, I am not sure what the plan is.

Weeble
aka Steelchaser
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Weird, here in Europe they have released all Star Trek shows as cheap DVD box sets. That's how I now have them all. All of ENT costs around $110 on amazon.co.uk but on the American amazon.com it's double that. :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Let me suggest "Terra Nova" and "Walking Dead" as something new to watch. They are both terribly engaging. I watched all 1 and a half seasons of Walking Dead online in about two weeks, lol . . . That's how good it is.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 am

I would suggest reading wonderful MaryContrary AU's for a VERY fresh version of TnT (they're always more or less the same people we know and love, but meeting each other in completely different circumstances). Alas, her current one at ff.net hasn't had an update in too long. Grrr.

Her "T'Pocalypse" has the great advantage of having a reasonably happy ending AND being finished. I'd start there.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 am

JT, I am advocating keeping Tnt fresh in your mind ad you are touting different shows like Terra Prime. How do those shows help one keep Tnt in mind?

alelou, lots of great writers out there and great stories. LOts of crap too. Like some which have set on of our members off.

Not yours tobe sure.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:53 am

MaryContrary's stories are brilliant, and I was astonished to find that she was writing them as fast as she was posting them. She is a very clever and imaginative writer and I'm looking forward to the continuation of Tempest.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 am

jT has moved on to other interests in an entirely healthy way.

I wish I could. Feel myself being sucked right back in at the moment. Must. Stop. Now.

(I must have missed whatever you are referring to, SB.)

Yeah, Cogito, I've considered stalking MaryContrary for her next chapter!
Image.Image

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Here is my short list: :lol:

1. IDIC: enjoy the different views, it gives you new perpectives and story bunnies.
2. Read KTR's reviews: great stuff and potential story bunnies!
3. Don't let negativity drain your creativity!
4. If people don't like TnT, it's their loss.
5. Find fic's you really enjoy and read them again. Recently I noticed I really like some AU stories. (I can give you a list!)
6. Write because you have to tell that story coming from your heart.
7. Don't forget to review.
8. Write jokes in Vulcan.
9. Nice pictures are an inspiration.
10. Make lists like these!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:26 am

List, please!

I wonder if stalking Escriba to finish her story would do any good. She promised a Trip chapter next and then I never heard from her again.

I'm writing an AU myself right now. It's quite entertaining, after all that canon.
Image.Image

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 am

Alelou wrote:Yeah, Cogito, I've considered stalking MaryContrary for her next chapter!

Good grief, it hasn't even been two weeks since her last update yet! We got spoiled with her posting 2 or 3 chapters a day.

It's kind of odd, I actually don't enjoy rewatching too many of the ENT episodes. I do enjoy reading new ENT fanfic.

I'm a fan of Fringe and I went back and rewatched some of those episodes and actually enjoyed them quite a bit. For me, I think the key to enjoying rewatching something comes down to the character moments and the humor.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 am

putaro wrote:
Alelou wrote:Yeah, Cogito, I've considered stalking MaryContrary for her next chapter!

Good grief, it hasn't even been two weeks since her last update yet! We got spoiled with her posting 2 or 3 chapters a day.

Problem is, they look it. Some of them appear utterly rushed. She's one heck of an author and if she took the time to develop them, she'd have the potential to be one of the best out there. Unfortunately, she rather rushes her work and there's at least one story on ff.net, where she utterly lost the plot in her own story, which subsequently ended extremely unsatisfactory. :(

MC is an extremely talented author with a very invigorating way to tell her story, but she's also the only author I ever saw, who appologized to her readers for completely botching up a story-line :shock: OK, MissAntropic did that once,too, but that particular story was so bad, it doesn't count.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm

That's the risk with someone who's posting as she drafts. Her stuff is always interesting enough that I'm willing to take the risk and put up with the typos. I'm actually far more distressed with stories that simply never end (she does have one that seems to have been given up on). (Escriba, this is for you!)

Even those, though, are worth it if the set-up is intriguing enough to make you think and the writing interesting enough that you can enjoy each chapter. Rigil hasn't finished Divergent Paths, but I'm glad I've read what's there so far. Some times the journey is worth it even if you never get to the end. I wouldn't have wanted to miss Misanthropic's last unfinished opus either.
Image.Image

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:54 pm

A well known author on this site once wrote that there are no new plots; it's all been written. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

MaryContrary disproves that. Each of her stories seems to be unique, and set in a reality that is completely new and yet feels just like the trek 'verse. Every one of them could, imo, form the basis for a whole family of adventure stories and every one of them leaves me wanting to know what happens next.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Mmm... maybe I should check MaryContrary's stories out! If RL doesn't keep interfering...

Alelou wrote:List, please!

I wonder if stalking Escriba to finish her story would do any good. She promised a Trip chapter next and then I never heard from her again.

I'm writing an AU myself right now. It's quite entertaining, after all that canon.

North Star is an episode with a lot of potential. I am curious what you come up with.

As for the list....AU-favorites:

1. The first one, I don't consider AU, but part of my personal canon: Divergent Paths by Rigil Kent.

2. I really did like the idea behind Mirage of Escriba. Some scenes are just wonderful. There is also one story of her, with only a couple chapters up, called Disruption. T'Pol has go back to Vulcan to marry Koss and after years she returns back to Enterprise as a married woman. We get a sense of how miserable her life has become in her marriage with Koss. Now T'Pol has to deal with the memories of her bad marriage and a angry Trip. A somewhat dark tale, but I thought it a lot of potential to grow into a good story.

3. Three Months on Vulcan by Misplaced.
Trip and T'Pol are magic together and still themselves. :lol: I loved the second chapter, full of Vulcan details and with such love for Vulcan culture. The ending with Jon standing on the doorstep and Trip going into the house, back to T'Pol: that scene gave me so much ideas for a sequel. By Misplaced of course.

4. Shockwaves by Honeybee - on her own site. WIP. Vanilla-chocolate with whipped cream for a TnT-er. The voices of Trip and T'Pol are nicely done and even when TnT move fast like in the last chapter, it feels a lot like RU. Great Hoshi/Jon/Malcolm stuff too.

5. The Repercussions of Extinction - Artisticmom2

Now this is an episode I would have like to watch. The episode Extinction takes a different turn. A Hoshi-story from Jon's POV. A lot of emotions and angst to deal with for Hoshi, but I can better handle it when it happens to Hoshi than T'Pol. :oops:

I will look if I can find more stories...
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”