The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

The Bond

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:50 am

In Terra Prime Trip says that he is sick of the Bond and T'Pol says that she doesn' enjoy it either.

I think the bond could only grow stronger. that it was very strong at the time but that they did not have any idea of how to use it.

When T'Pol ws in her white room and Trip showed up there while he was on the columbia that was the bond manifestig itself. this was over at least one light year,.

The bond must have brought them together when they finally accepted it and learned how to use it.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Distracted
Site Donor

Re: The Bond

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 am

I think it's a given that the bond would have brought them together. If you go with canon, though, it was possible for them to ignore the bond for quite some time. I can't imagine they were very happy while they were doing it, but I would never underestimate the stubbornness of the average sentient being.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 am

Aren't there three other Bond threads here?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 am

The Bond? The Bond?

You mean Sean Connery? :raspberry: ;-)
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 am

Maybe so, but SB is just trying to encourage discussion. I don't see anything wrong with renewing the discussion from time to time. Any thoughts on the bond?
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 am

Umm... Every bond is different like every couple is different? IDK I just don't want to repeat myself too much.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 am

Sometimes the bond is written as if it's something forcing TnT to be together. I'm inclined to see it differently. I prefer to think of it as something that grows between them because both of them secretly want to be with the other, even though they both have reasons to think they can't be together and perhaps shouldn't want to be. Perhaps their whitespace encounters while they were separated were just the result of them both being in a suitably receptive state and one of them missing the other. Given that T'Pol is the telepath I guess that those encounters were probably initiated by T'Pol, although I'm sure she would deny it. But Trip eventually persuaded her to admit she missed him, so I think he realised that too.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Cogito, it is clear that you're right.
It would be really crazy thinking that, in the midst of all the biological restrictions that seem to affect the poor Vulcans, there must also be to be forced to bind themselves - regardless of their will - with those who have had ... At this point we should say the bad luck to join one of them.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Distracted wrote:I think it's a given that the bond would have brought them together. If you go with canon, though, it was possible for them to ignore the bond for quite some time. I can't imagine they were very happy while they were doing it, but I would never underestimate the stubbornness of the average sentient being.

Well, marriages take work to maintain them, and I can imagine that the bond doesn't negate that fact. That would mean, though, that at some points the bond would be something wonderful and at some points it could likely cause flat-out pain. The question, then, comes down to reaction and while I love our couple, they really did have a lot of work to do if they were going to make a successful marriage. Knowing how your spouse is feeling can be useful, but only if you've dealt with your own feelings first.

Given that Elizabeth's existence had just been suddenly dumped in their laps, both Trip and T'Pol had emotions they needed to work through before they could interact effectively with each other. The thing I like most is that, this time, they chose to work through them together once the initial shock wore off. This, in my mind, was the turning point that moved the relationship from dysfunctional to functional. But it can't have been easy, and it can't have felt good all the time.

Hence, I find the irritation believable.
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”