Marriage

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Marriage

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 am

Standards of beauty are completely subjective. And it could also have the opposite effect on both sides.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:47 am

putaro wrote:And since no one in TOS has ever heard of Denobula :roll: that's why Kirk and Company don't know about the kids.

I've long thought of this as a mystery that needs to be solved in fanfic. What happened to Denobula?

I started writing a story that would explain this years ago, but when you disappear an entire species, your story just isn't going to have a happy ending.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:15 am

Especially when they were a VERY prosperous spieces I don't like to think of what might have happened. Way too depressing.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Stop throwing plot bunnies at me.

Srsly. I have enough on my plate right now. :faint:
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Alelou wrote:
putaro wrote:And since no one in TOS has ever heard of Denobula :roll: that's why Kirk and Company don't know about the kids.

I've long thought of this as a mystery that needs to be solved in fanfic. What happened to Denobula?

I started writing a story that would explain this years ago, but when you disappear an entire species, your story just isn't going to have a happy ending.

And the Andorians only had a minor role in TOS as well and the Vulcan fleet seems to have disappeared. Personally, I think some bad things happened during the Romulan War.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:33 pm

It may be that Denobulans just aren't that interested in exploration and adventure so they weren't well represented within Starfleet. I got the impression that Phlox was one of the more adventurous Denobulans, and even he only ended up on Enterprise because he was on the Vulcan medical exchange program and then got co-opted to look after Klaang.

On the other hand, it may be that after the events in No More, No Less the Denobulans didn't want anything more to do with Ambassador Archer, and didn't pick up the phone when he rang to invite them to join his new federation.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:54 pm

I read that story.
Well, I think it is uncorrect to assume that our Silverbullet has a little too disliking for Archer (as it was not infrequently said).
Apparently, some people dislike Archer much more than him (Or at least so it seems).
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes, it's pretty hard on Archer, to be sure.

I like stories where Archer is a good guy, but I never particularly warmed to his character on the show so I don't have any great difficulty reading the occasional stories that show him in a less flattering light.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Cogito wrote:Yes, it's pretty hard on Archer, to be sure.

Its actually a bit too hard, IMO. I've never been Archer's number one fan, but fics like this - I call them Bash fics, and ENT isn't the only fandom that does them - generally don't sit well with me because they just feel ... wrong.

JMHO
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Actually, I can go both ways with Archer if the author who is pro-Archer acknowledges that the man has issues. Which brings me to the incomparable Dinah not only does she marry our lovers in a pitch perfect way, but the way she deals with Archer is extremely well balanced. I can even admit that there are other authors who make me almost like the guy.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”