Marriage

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Marriage

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Okay aside form the literal intpretation of Romeo and Juliet. I can see one dying shortly after the other. But NOT by suicide. Neither of them would do that to their family. I mean if it's due to the bond or a "broken heart" (which medical experts agree can happen) that's one thing but suicide... nope can't see it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I find it hard to imagine a T'Pol who loved Trip and had children with him whom she also loved, would commit suicide when he died. I think that her killing herself would horrify Trip and I think that alone would be enough to stop her from killing herself, no matter how painful Trip's loss may be for her. But she would also have their children to live for and cherish and I feel sure that would give her a reason to wish to carry on living despite her loss. (My feeling is that Lorian is probably the reason that T'Pold carried on after AU Trip's death in E2.)

I could believe that TnT's bond is so strong that Trip's death kills T'Pol (or vice versa) but I can't believe (or rather, I choose not to believe) that T'Pol would make a conscious decision to commit suicide.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 pm

High-five!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

He repaired the engine, he wrestled the sehlat, he survived the frigid female. He is TRIP.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Looks like you got the hang of posting smileys. Get yourself a cookie, girl. Good job !

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:15 am

Kotik wrote:He repaired the engine, he wrestled the sehlat, he survived the frigid female. He is TRIP.

:tears:
Image sig by chrisis1033

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 am

As far as TnT having a happy ever after ending I'd like to think so and since they're fictional characters we can certainly ignore or rationalize *the_abomination* away and pick whatever ending we like.

Silverbullet wrote:That is the way I see it. But getting there may have been a little tough.

There may be some good stories in that statement. any writers out there want to give one or two a try?

Definitely a lot of good stories. My own working scenario is after a few more years of adventures they would wind up on Denobula with Phlox helping them since the Denobulans seem to be very advanced medically and they need some advanced genetic engineering to have kids. And since no one in TOS has ever heard of Denobula :roll: that's why Kirk and Company don't know about the kids.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 am

Silverbullet wrote:There may be some good stories in that statement. any writers out there want to give one or two a try?

I thought I was doing a good job of them getting there for the most part. I think anyone who writes post Terra Prime does their best to get TnT there eventually.

You know as much as I love Phlox one of the things I was less then thrilled about with ENT was all the entirely new spieces Kirk never met.

Fics

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 am

WarpGirl wrote:You know as much as I love Phlox one of the things I was less then thrilled about with ENT was all the entirely new spieces Kirk never met.

Not just entirely new species, but entirely new species with warp drive and centuries of space exploration behind them. There didn't seem to be a lot of room for Humans and certainly not room for them becoming the dominant race in the sector.

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 pm

putaro wrote:There didn't seem to be a lot of room for Humans and certainly not room for them becoming the dominant race in the sector.

Which, I think, makes it pretty dang amazing that we did. And also speaks of the nature of humanity...which was one of Gene Roddenberry's original points way back in 1965 or so. That's the reason I've come to love ENT the way I have. But I think this digresses a bit, no?
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:39 pm

When you think how much distance you could cover if you just head in a straight line for a couple of years, and then visualise the volume enclosed by a sphere of that radius, the volumes of space within reach of these space-faring races seem literally astronomical. Then consider how close you have to be to a star system and it's planets to do any meaningful survey, and how long you need to explore even in 'alien planet of the week' mode to find out what resources and lifeforms are on those planets. A few centuries is nowhere near enough time to have even identified the stars and planets let alone visited them all. So when I visualise these 'spheres of influence' of each civilisation, I think of it as largely unexplored space with a few places that have been visited, and nothing like the equivalent on Earth where neighbours are practically shoulder to shoulder.

To be 'dominant' in that situation I don't think is a matter of being able to occupy or control vast regions of space. I think it's a matter of being able to get along well enough with the various other space-faring civilisations to share knowledge, technology and resources with them, and to go exploring together. And in the Trek 'verse, I think that getting on with people has been one of this things we've proved good at.

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Cogito wrote:When you think how much distance you could cover if you just head in a straight line for a couple of years, and then visualise the volume enclosed by a sphere of that radius, the volumes of space within reach of these space-faring races seem literally astronomical. Then consider how close you have to be to a star system and it's planets to do any meaningful survey, and how long you need to explore even in 'alien planet of the week' mode to find out what resources and lifeforms are on those planets. A few centuries is nowhere near enough time to have even identified the stars and planets let alone visited them all. So when I visualise these 'spheres of influence' of each civilisation, I think of it as largely unexplored space with a few places that have been visited, and nothing like the equivalent on Earth where neighbours are practically shoulder to shoulder.

To be 'dominant' in that situation I don't think is a matter of being able to occupy or control vast regions of space. I think it's a matter of being able to get along well enough with the various other space-faring civilisations to share knowledge, technology and resources with them, and to go exploring together. And in the Trek 'verse, I think that getting on with people has been one of this things we've proved good at.

Oh, yes.

Add to this that the Federation *is* an alliance of...pretty much all those species we meet in Enterprise (and more). Why would Kirk's ship go to places they can go to for Sunday tea at any time when they're supposed to be out exploring? The reason Kirk's Enterprise never visited Vissia is...well...the same reason 19th century British explorers didn't explore the jungles of Edinburgh or the lost caverns of Brighton Beach. They'd already been there. A lot.

Remember that when Enterprise takes place, humanity has a sphere of influence that is about seven nearby stars wide, and a tentative alliance with the laconic pointy-ears next door. That's it. Their traders have slow ships that have been a little further, but even they haven't gone all that much outside this sphere of influence.

A hundred years later all those worlds that were so mysterious to the Enterprise are no more alien than the corner shop where you live, whereas there are plenty of stars *outside* the Federation that can be explored. And a century after *that*, well...

Consider that by the time of the 25th century, the Federation covers almost an entire quadrant of the galaxy (seeing as the Romulan star empire went kerblooey). Think about how much space that is, and how many stars. Carl Sagan would just roll his eyes... :mrgreen:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 pm

And not only his eyes.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 am

Then a marriage between a Human and a Beautiful pointy eared Vulcan could help Humans Vulcans to accept that they can be allies.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”