October/Novwember issue of Star Trek Mag.

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

October/Novwember issue of Star Trek Mag.

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am

I brought the recent Oct/Nov issue of Star Trek Magazine. In it there is all the episodes of all of the Star Trek series from TOS through Enterprise. Brief synopsis of each episode. Some no more than a line.

I have just glaced through it. Going to read it completely tomorrow.

Anyway, one thing caught my eye. Worst episode in Enterprise: Drum roll, Trumpet Fanfare,

"Precious Cargo" Bet everyone agrees. If you get a chance buy the issue is might be good for some laughs.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: October/Novwember issue of Star Trek Mag.

Postby dialee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 am

As a matter of fact, no not everyone would agree. I agree that the episode is pretty bad but not the worst of Enterprise.

I agree the actress was not very good but she was easy on the eyes and at least "exotic" to indicate at least some alienness. At least she knows her strong suit is now the culinary art rather than the dramatic one.

There was no plot but I liked the connection with the Next Generation's Perfect Mate.

Also, on another subject but the same magazine. Does anyone else have the same impression that this particular magazine does not like Enterprise, in fact holds it in contempt. You know, the cast of Enterprise has never had a cover of its own? Once in a while it would have the head of a cast member with other series' actors. What's the story? Anyone know?

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 am

The next issue is going to feature the Enterpise tenth anniversary and an excerpt for the new book. I've noticed a lack of Enterprise articles and interview with the cast .They're supposed to have done some interviews the Enterprise cast. I hope so they've interviewed all the other casts from all the different tv series.They have been featured on the cover of the magazine they did a romantic couple issue with trip&T'pol on the cover and did a whole issue about Enterprise series a few years ago they even had a poster of a Mirror universe T'Pol in the tos uniform that was a poster in their magazine.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:52 pm

From what I have seen in the magazine is many errors. Deliberate? Don't know but they are God Awful some of them. I often wonder if the writers for the mag are refugees from Enterprise. That bunch were pretty bad without trying.

Still, it is a star trek mag. I wish someone would come out with an Entrprise Magazine. Someone who had his/her head out of their Butt.

SB

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Double post. apparently in this issue. Rick Berman is supposed to have been responsible for the Abomination. He had made mistakes before but had been with Star Trek for 18 years.

Anyway, it was Berman who had the holoprogram with Frakes and Sirtis.

I seemto remember an interview where Bragga said he did not know why he killed of Trip because he LOVED the character. He just couldn't explain why he did it.

I have often thougt that if there had been a remote possibility of a 5th season, killing of the most popular character on the series would have put paid to that.

There are a few other items that I did not agree with in this issue re Enterpprise. This issue starts with seson three so I guess season one and two are discussed in previous issues.

Hoshi is mentioned but only in passing. Malcolm Reed doesn't even get that. Trip's photo and he is mentioned in the episode Simlitude and Harbinger. Not sure if he comes up in Precious Cargo.

Needless to say it is all Archer. The issues claims that Bakkula's performance saved season three or something like that.

Looking forward to the !0th Anniversary issue. Wonder if anyone but Archer (and bakkula) will be mentioned.

SB

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”