The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Improbable Love stories

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Leaving out Trip and T'Pol whose Love is eternal and inviolate.

I was thumbing through an old issue of Star Trek Magazine and came across this:

"A beautiful Human woman married the Brother of Quark. That Brother eventually became the Nargis. The two had several sons.

Now that is a love story to write.

So, leaving out TnT can you come up with other improbable love stories? e.g. Hoshi and.... Malcolm and.... Archer and .... (No T'Pol) other secondary characters such as Kelby.

SB

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Re: Improbable Love stories

Postby Asso » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Can I be a bit ironic? Maybe even slightly sardonic? The most unlikely romance would be a love story between Travis and (do not touch T'Pol even remotely, of course!) anyone else.
Just to say (or maybe not?) :shifty:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Travis is a nice guy. Perhaps one of the MAACo's

I was thinking on the order of Phlox divorcing Feezal and Archer marrying her.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am

I don't want to leave out TnT!!!!!!!!!! Part of the reason I love them is the fact that they improbable. You're taking all the fun out of this for a lot of people, not just me.

PS. Rom's wife was Bajoran not human. Can we at least be accurate there.
Last edited by WarpGirl on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:08 am

Silverbullet wrote:A beautiful Human woman married the Brother of Quark. That Brother eventually became the Nargis. The two had several sons.

Now that is a love story to write.

You can write it, but I won't read it. The Ferengi are my least-favorite Star Trek aliens. They are mostly annoying, and I mean that in the worst possible, fingernails-on-the-blackboard, Wesley Crusher sort of way. Since I can't find it in myself to actually care for any Ferengi characters, episodes that actually *feature* the Ferengi (instead of just providing 'comic' relief) tend to be dull and uninteresting.

Now that I've scratched that itch, on to the topic: Improbable love stories. What exactly is it that would make a love story improbable? WarpGirl appears to think TnT are improbable. Given the chemistry between them, I'd have to disagree. They have many hurdles and roadblocks to overcome on their way to a working relationship, but in my mind difficult doesn't mean improbable. I think Asso is closer to the mark; Travis never really came to life on the screen, so it's harder to see him in any relationship with anyone.

Improbable? How about this one: Tasha Yar and the tar creature. Oh! Oh! Got another! Wesley Crusher and any sentient being. (Although I would like to see Wesley and the tar creature...)

Gotta run, I've done enough damage here.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 am

Oh so you think TnT would just say "Oh yeah, being with a vulcan or a human is perfectly normal to consider." Ask both of them "would you ever consider marrying a vulcan or a human?" On an average day before Home and the answer would be a big fat NO!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:10 am

I did Gary 7 and Isis in one of my stories... with a twist. :twisted:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:28 am

WarpGirl wrote:Ask both of them "would you ever consider marrying a vulcan or a human?" On an average day before Home and the answer would be a big fat NO!

You have a point. Still, as an outsider looking in, I saw chemistry from the very beginning that made me consider a relationship between the two highly likely. Which, I suppose, is the opposite of improbable.

Distracted wrote:I did Gary 7 and Isis in one of my stories... with a twist.

I remember that story!

In the realm of the highly improbable: any of the Star Trek slash pairings.

I was okay with a Phlox-Cutler pairing until I saw the scene where he's trimming his toenails with that laser-cutter thing... Run, Elizabeth, Run!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:35 am

Well, after one web site called the Soval/Amanda Cole pairing, which a few of us have played with, "weird", I objected to that and got in a hassle about it and left that site. So I am not really much into seeking out and playing with what people may think are improbable love stories. Oh, except, for this story that I never seem to get back and write a sequel to - about Kov and Trip's sister Elizabeth (yes she DID survive). Oops, I better leave now before people start throwing things at me, LOL. :fasthorse:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 am

Transwarp wrote:I was okay with a Phlox-Cutler pairing until I saw the scene where he's trimming his toenails with that laser-cutter thing... Run, Elizabeth, Run!

Oh, I dunno. Women can overlook some significant personal grooming issues for the right man. Otherwise why would beards exist? They're scratchy... And have you noticed the crustys that get stuck in those things? *shudder*

Personally, I think Liz just made him wear socks to bed. :twisted:

And I'm still waiting for the rest of "Tides of Space", Linda. :poke:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Okay then, I will try to get disciplined and get going with that sequel! I will have some time now as I just found out I did not get a library position I so much was hoping for at Indian Community School where my grandchildren go to school. I was close though, 2nd out of 40 applicants. If the person they offered the job to had declined, they would then have offered it to me. As my Dad used to say "close but no cigar". LOL, is that ever an old saying!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Linda, "Close only counts in Horseshoes."

WG, I agree with Transwarp. TnT are not improbable. A struggle, but not improbable.

Like Tasha Yar and the Tar Baby.

although it wouldn't seem so Spock and that Beautiful Romulan commander. That woud be improbable. Think a story could be made out of that.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:14 pm

If I had a realtionship with everyone I had chemistry with I would have been married at 18!!!! Chemistry does NOT make a relationship "probable."

Linda You're Back!!!!!! :happyjump: :happyjump:

Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Chemistry does NOT make a relationship "probable."

Maybe not. But chemistry DOES make a relationship 'not improbable.'

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Chemistry does make a relationship possible even at time inevitable. Because they are two species the fact there was so much chemistry that drew them together made the pairing inevitable. Archer and Erika, chemistry there would be seen as normal becuse both are human. That pairing is not imporobable at first sight but given Archer's focus on the federation to the exclusion of every thing else, improbable. Trip's focus was T'Pol (especially in S4) that makes their love and pairing inevitable. T'Pol (In Bound) finaly came around and that clinched it.

If you look at Demons and Terra Prime the two are always together. side by side mostly. That, to me, indicates they are already a couple.

SB

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”