Kotik's Classics

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Kotik's Classics

Postby Kotik » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 am

Hi there, folks :)

Don't worry, I'm not going to plug my work as classics. That would be more than just a tad preposterous. No, what I have in mind is to breathe a bit of life back into our little hideout by presenting - each month - one of the epics that got me into TnT story-writing. Most of them will be from HoT, some of them from our archive here. It's also a service for those members, who haven't been around since the Romans left and might have missed some of the classics that predate Triaxian Silk.

And the topic for August 2011 is Raguas brilliantly hillarious "Court and Spark" series. Finest humour coupled to a very romantic view on our favourite couple - enjoy :D

1. Challenges
2. Homecoming
3. Court and Spark

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Kotik's Classics

Postby panyasan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 am

Court and Spark is a wonderful story. :loveeyes: Thank you for bringing it again to my attention.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Yes, those three are superb stories. How I wish the story continued. :(

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Ragua is one of the best writers this fandom has! My personal Fav is Biology 101 how did that not make the list???????
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 pm

I think from all three stories Court and Spark made the most impact on me. Still can remember some scenes, like the berry-picking and the little girl who is keeping an eye on TnT.
What I also love about this fic, is Trips parents, the interaction with his family, the nice Vulcan-Human miscommunications, the lovely relationship between TnT, the humour and the lightharted nature of the fic. No angst at all, but the fic isn't mussy. It's fun and interesting to read and makes a rainy day a sunny one.
If I am correct, this one is written before season four. At one point season four was so (unnessacary) angsty for TnT, that I think it did influence a lot of writers to write more angsty stuff. IMHO.
Love is a verb.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:22 pm

panyasan wrote:I think from all three stories Court and Spark made the most impact on me. Still can remember some scenes, like the berry-picking and the little girl who is keeping an eye on TnT.
What I also love about this fic, is Trips parents, the interaction with his family, the nice Vulcan-Human miscommunications, the lovely relationship between TnT, the humour and the lightharted nature of the fic. No angst at all, but the fic isn't mussy. It's fun and interesting to read and makes a rainy day a sunny one.
If I am correct, this one is written before season four. At one point season four was so (unnessacary) angsty for TnT, that I think it did influence a lot of writers to write more angsty stuff. IMHO.

True in every word.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:18 am

Is it just me or did I just see some tumbleweed rolling by. It really has become awfully quite in our little hideout :?

Anyway. Circumstances forced me to miss the month of September, but October's here and so is the next classic showcase - a truely epic series by TLR

This series has everything - action, pon farr, steamingly hot you-know-what, fluffiness, angst and sweetness. The only thing it doesn't have or didn't have is a beta reader, which sadly makes it a tad tricky to read at (thankfully rare) times. Be warned. Especially the family scenes are so sweet, your teeth will rot and you'll contract diabetes, so you should have those essential things at hand when reading it - insulin, something to fan yourself after the hot scenes and a free surface to roll around on in helpless laughter - enjoy :D

1. Little Lizzie
2. Honeymoon On Vulcan
3. And Baby Makes Four
4. A New Life
5. The Warp 7 Project: The Enterprise Trials

cheers, Kotik :hatsoff:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:47 am

Jolan Tru, folks :hatsoff:

What a timing! Just as the battle of words heat up here and in the TrekBBS, whether or not we should lobby for more mediocre professional ENT books, another month rolls by and it's time again to showcase some pieces of fanfiction that are a lot more pleasurable to read than any of the books. :drool:
This month however, we don't look at one of the epics, but I present some medium length stories, which I usually read when I need something to make a day of drizzle a day of feel-good. Enjoy.

1. Conversations in a Jeffries Tube by Avelynn Tame
A very short little thing, but it'll leave you in helpless laughter.

2. Of All the Times, Places and People by Errata
A nicely written away-mission-gone-wrong(tm) story, which starts out with the foreseeable Trip-in-peril(tm) scenario, but then takes a rather unexpected turn...

3. The Ring Of Truth by Evalyn A.
If you're one of the poor sods, who, like me, struggled their way through the god-awful TGTMD, this will make you grin, as it presents a much better and - more importantly - much more believable fix for *the_abomination*.

4. Soul Search Complete by Favors
Phlox sets a stubborn T'Pol straight and when Trip is captured on an away mission, KickArse!T'Pol goes ninja and prepares a nice Chicken Vindaloo.

5. You're What? by Favors
Phlox has a surprise for T'Pol and when Vulcan!Hubby gets wind of it, the stage is set for a Vulcan-style family-brawl, but T'Les has other ideas, especially when it involves a certain Captain. Funny as hell. It also has a sequell She's What?, but that was never finished :cry:

and last, but not least...

6. The Cultural Addition by Jocelyn Solo
A very interesting AU resolution of the Xindi arc. Much less bloody and more feel-good than the show's third season. :D

Cheers, Kotik :hatsoff:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Conversations is so funny. The Ring of Truth !One of my favorites and a good fix the finale-fic!

I was about to read that story again, but I was also looking for a fic that I thought is named "The Watchers". But I couldn't find it under that name. It's a nice finale fix-fic - at least if you like stories about travelling between parallel worlds.
Love is a verb.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Kotik, conversations in a Jeffries Tube is a vaoribe of mine.

There is another Name I cannot remember, Where T'Pol has a fight to the death over Trip. Afterwards she goes around and collects what she feels is her property.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Kotik, conversations in a Jeffries Tube is a vaoribe of mine.

There is another Name I cannot remember, Where T'Pol has a fight to the death over Trip. Afterwards she goes around and collects what she feels is her property.

SB

The fight to the death is "Soul Search Complete" - it's in the list as number 4 :)

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Evalyn wrote:"Indeed, Mr. Brodeur, it is my pleasure to be able to assist," she replied, standing and inclining her head in a gesture of acknowledgement. "I have worked amongst humans for the past decade, and I should regret having all of my efforts to civilize you be wasted by the annihilation of your planet."

:clap: :rotflmao:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Awwright, folks :hatsoff:

Another month, another classic. This months showcase is an epic and - unlike many others - the mastermind behind it has not yet wandered off to disappear nor has she set up her own board to live out dictatorship fantasies. No, me lads 'n lassies, she is still active in our little hideout. To celebrate this, I shall use the EK-memorial font settings. This month is all about our very own... *drumroll*

DISTRACTED :clap: :clap:

In our archive you can find her epic Virtual Season Five - a truly biblically well written piece of fanfiction full of an abundance of TnT shippiness, garnished with some fine Malcolm/Hoshi shippiness, lots of great OC's from all over the quadrant, old ladies making a move on the captain, teenies making a move on the captain, lawyers making a move on the captain, the lot.

If that isn't enough to quench your thirst, there's always the sequell. Virtual Season Six, full of villains, cats, future children, not-yet-born children and a lot of time-travel-bizarreness.

Enjoy :hatsoff:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:57 pm

:rotflmao: Thanks, Kotik. :kiss:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Hallelujah Folks Image

Christmas is approaching at warp speed, so its time to celebrate the occasion with some yuletide fiction :D

Christmas by Angel
How T'Pol stole Christmas by Kevin
Have yourself a merry little christmas by Star Watcher
Over The Mistletoe by Linda

And now, have yourself a merry christmas :hatsoff:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”