Kotik's Classics

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Re: Kotik's Classics

Postby Kotik » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am

Konichiwa, bitches :muhoshi:

A few days late, but better than never. It's time for another classic piece of TnT fanfiction and this month the big boss himself takes centre stage:

:happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: (add more groupies to taste)

Elessar

This months classic is a three part series that serves both the shippers as well as the intriguing plot (tm) fanatic, so lets jump right in :mrgreen:

Your Mom 'n Me Part I - Startling Discoveries
This one starts right after Trip's return to Enterprise from Columbia and follows the path from teenage angst to a committed relationship. Lots of action.

Your Mom 'n Me Part II - Just the Two of Us
Be still, my shipping heart. At first it might seem as if the boss tried to out-angst Alelou, but things soon get clearer. A wonderful piece that proves that war is not a kiddie's game. Major emotional ups and downs ahead. Hold her steady...

Your Mom 'n Me Part III - Midnight in the Garden
Make sure you have a supply of temporal Aspirin and a few Kleenex ready. You'll need them both. Spies, weirdness, Conspiracy, funny moments and downright misty eyed emotional moments - this one's got the lot. Requires full concentration as it runs in two parallel timelines.

That's all for this months - enjoy :hatsoff:

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Surely this is one of the best stories I've ever read.
In all honesty - but Elessar knows well my ideas about it - I would not say that the second and third parts are equal to the first.
I well remember my disappointment, when it appeared the second part. There was also a civil but heated discussion, in this regard, and I remember that Zane Gray (where are you? Where Art Thou?) agreed with me.
Well, after all it is a common fact: Twenty Years Later and The Vicomte of Bragelonne are certainly not at the height of The Three Musketeers.
However, The Three Musketeers alone are worth the fame of Alexander Dumas.
As the first part of Elessar's story is for him.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 am

*Duh*. Didn't get half of 'at :shock:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am

He likes the first part better than the others. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am

Ho, Ho, Ho, pink-skins :shran:

That month is upon us again. But before we all run out into the woods to kill a tree and hang shiny things all over its corpse, it's time to have a look an another classic of TnT fanfiction. This time we'll look at a work (hopefully still) in progress. And this month's author in the spotlight is

Transwarp :marine:

Like yours truly, we meet a man, who had the dubious privilege of seeing a warzone from the wrong end - inside. As a result of that Transwarp's Tucker Chronicles 2155-2160 is the series with the most realistic battle scenes. Let's jump right in:

1. The Commissioning
A scene that we sadly didn't get shown on TV, just told about. This story tells us about how T'Pol got her Starfleet commission.

2. Liaison
An officer exchange program brings another Vulcan to Enterprise and in abit of "dafuq" logic, Starfleet sends the one that already is there - T'Pol. Talk about taking coal to Newcastle. :lol:
This one is not for the feeble as it contains description of torture that might be a disturbing to the faint of heart. It does however also contain very cute moments including a stuffed toy.

3. Command
Trip and T'Pol take command of what initially looks like little more than a hapless runabout. But you would be stark-raving mad to bet against these two. A lection properly taught to the Romulans by an ingenious crew. Oh, and never mess with a Moose...

4. Convicted
In war one is forced to make ugly decisions and those very decisions can come back to haunt you. T'Pol learns the hard way...

Enjoy :hatsoff:

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey, that's ME! How cool is that?

Kotik sez: "This time we'll look at a work (hopefully still) in progress"

Fear not, I have not given up on this. In fact, things are just now settling down to where I can start carving out time to actually write. I don't miss much about Afghanistan, but I do miss the time I had to write. (There wasn't much else to do after I got back to my room after work.)

Being featured on this thread is the kick in the pants I need to get back on track. Thanks, Kotik!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Great choice this month Kotik, gives me an excuse to re-read the whole thing. As an aside, does anyone have a list of X-Mas tales we could suggest as the month goes on?
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I posted a selection last year, but I'll look for new ones and one is coming from yours truly later this month :D May I suggest that others get cracking, too? Let's have a few fresh Christmas stories :)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:54 am

Ho, Ho,Ho, Kinners :hatsoff:

This time of the year is arriving again and it's time for the second special edition of Kotik's classics.

T'Pol's Secret by Aquarius and its sequel And the Stockings Were Hung By Garters With Care...
Christmas Eve by Asso
Blue Christmas by Distracted
Silent Night by Evcake
White Christmas by Ginamr
Over The Mistletoe by Linda

I know there are more x-mas stories in our archive, but I need to leave some for next year's edition ;-)

And then, three days ago, I found a PM...

Well spoken Fisherman wrote:How about a Christmas short based on Seleya Hills ?

perhaps uncle Soval got run-over by a shuttle pod...

Soval got run over by a Reindeer

T'Pol and T'Pau walked down the stairs with two giggling children in tow. It didn't need superior Vulcan hearing to know that the weekly congregation of males was already in process. Laughing, clinking of glasses and bottles as well as a somewhat erratic playing of a guitar could be heard.

"It appears, Mr. Rostov's proficiency at playing his musical instrument has somewhat diminished," T'Pau noted.

"Mom, he's tuning it," Henry sighed theatrically, earning him two stares of motherly disapproval.

"Maybe we should hasten our departure before he finishes the process and they get a chance to sing, while we are still in hearing range," T'Pol suggested.

"We want to hear the song about uncle Soval," T'Mir demanded.

"They are going to sing about Soval?" T'Pau asked.

"Yeah," Henry said, giggling enthusiastically. "They prepared it as payback, because he took uncle Trip's decoration down for you when he was at work."

"An installation made to look as if 'Santa' has crashed into our balcony does not constitute an acceptable decoration," T'Pol started to lecture.

But before she could continue, the tuning of the instrument was apparently finished and both kids overtook their mothers down the stairs to listen to the spectacle.

Soval got run over by a reindeer
Walking home from our house Christmas eve.
You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
But as for me and all here, we believe.

He'd been drinking some of Shran's ale,
And we'd begged him not to go.
But he shirked his meditation,
And staggered out the door into the snow.

When they found him Christmas morning,
At the scene of the attack.
He had hoof prints on his forehead,
And incriminating Claus marks on his back.

Soval got run over by a reindeer,

Now we're all so proud of Soval,
He's been taking this so well.
See him in here rais'n eyebrow,
Drinking beer and playing cards with uncle Mal.

Soval got run over by a reindeer,

Now the goose is on the table
And the pudding made of fig.
And the blue and silver candles,
That would just have matched the hair in Soval's wig.

I've warned all my friends and neighbours.
"Better watch out for yourselves."
They should never give a license,
To a man who drives a sleigh and plays with elves.

Enjoy your hollidays, everybody :hatsoff:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Howls of Laughter!!! :tears: :tears: :clap: :clap: :tears: :tears:

My mental image of Trip's Ornament was a coffee spewer, thankfully my coffee cup was in the other room.

Thanks Kotik!!
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Heh heh, good, Kotik, really good.
And special thanks for having put one of my stories among your classics.
You deserve a very special thanks, but also all the other friends who are here.
I hope you (all of you) enjoy it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2726
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 am

That's brilliant, well done Kotik.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”