The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Just how "experienced" was T'Pol?

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

T'Pol still was 65 in Harbinger. She could put a lot of exerience in to that time. It would depend on what type of experience and the experience itself. She would know how to defend herself. Perhaps to disuguise herself. She would know how to face danger. She could calculate risks. All neeed for he job in the Security Department. She would know how to conduct scientifc experiments. She was a geologist so she would be interested in the geology of planets. I am not sure of what other types of Science she was experet in. The subject of humans and human relations probably would come from lectures, reading, testimonials. All dry and scientific and ost likely inaacurate. Like anthropologists on Earth who can draw some pretty damned stupid thories at times and be very accurate at other times. She certainly would not be encourage by the High command to go out and explore for hrself Human Sexuality. That would get out and the High Command would not want that happening. A Vulcan woman out cruising for men and taking t hem to her rented room off the compound. Make all of the yellow journalism rags. Experienced yes but not in the area where she ventured in by having Sex with Trip.

Her motives for "seducing" him were fear and jealousy. Fear of losing him to Cole. A very rreal fear because he was practicing NP on Cole. she has seen them in the dining hall together frequently. Cole patted Trip affectionately on the Ass. Jealousy for the same reasons. Her reactions when Cole told her that Trip had talked about his sister to her (Cole) it registered on T'Pol's face that she thought he had only discussed his Sister with her, She was hurt and it showed on her face. All together this meant Trip was moving away from her. She took action. The only kind she could think of and she probaly got that from a lecture or from her reading. It was effective because Cole was never heard from again. Her inexperience with Human sexuality or sex in general showed by the manner she initiated the Sex. Dropping her Robe to reveal she was naked and ready for action. Not too subtle. A human woman might do that but only if it was a one night stand and no intention for anything more. A human woman who intended more would be thinking in the long term and she would take a softer more subtle approach. Same result but not so blatant.

IMHO

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Just how "experienced" was T'Pol?

Postby Asso » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Distracted wrote:Asso, you've used the "mothers of idiots are always pregnant" line often enough for me to have some inkling about what it means, but could you please explain "spirit of potato"? That one's a total head scratcher for me. :vulcan:

A translation enough good could be: a weak humour. But in reality this doesn't make the true meaning. 'Spirito di patata' (Spirit of potato) means a kind of humor (even a scene, a dialogue, etc etc ) that is not fun, rather stupid or inappropriate, even irritating. It is difficult to render the double entendre of the Italian phrase, because it is played on a game of words and meanings: Spirit = alcohol. Maybe you can extract alcohol from potatoes, but this alcohol is useless, poor, with no 'spirit'. It doesn't taste of anything, or, at least, it certainly doesn't have the savour that the true alcool (the true spirit=the true humour) should have.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”