Romance vs. Love Story

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Romance vs. Love Story

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Ulva wrote:TnT isn't a romance in my world, it's a love story. They discover that they have a mutual understanding and respect for each other and are attracted to each other's strong points. Their difficulties are to be expected considering that they have such different backgrounds, but they overcome them. It's not a walk in the park, but they obviously appreciate the other enough to want to continue.

When did any of this happen. I never saw them have a mutual understanding. They were constantly miscommunicating, making assumptions, and never quite listening to each other. Don't get me wrong, I believe they love each other but they didn't make it work. They only got to the point where they were really going to try in Demons and Terra Prime. Then they break up!

The only episode where I saw what you're saying is Home.

PS I never said Trip tried to be "god's gift to women" but he was a bit clueless. His listening skills weren't any good. Neither were T'Pol's, and that was a huge reason why they didn't work.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Ulva
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: Romance vs. Love Story

Postby Ulva » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 pm

They had difficulties, as I mentioned, but you surely didn't miss just how good they were at settling matters and go on? They worked well together and obviously had great respect for the other's knowledge. I thought it was very obvious from the very beginning and I'm at loss at how anyone could have missed what I saw. Their biggest problems came in S4 when the bond and their relationship was going to be handled, or rather stalled.
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. - Isaac Asimov

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”